What music do you listen to?

Posted (edited)

Who out there remembers listening to WLS FM radio station out of Chicago, I remember listening to it on an AM transistor radio.

What a great station.

From the Web...

WLS, also known as “The Fabulous 50,000” and later “The Big 89”, was a legendary radio station in Chicago during the 1960s. During this era, WLS was known for its powerful signal, which could be heard throughout the Midwest and beyond. The station’s popularity was largely due to its talented disc jockeys, who became local celebrities and helped shape the sound of Chicago’s music scene.

This song plays every time I mow the yard on my headphone radio.

Edited by Raven 54
15 minutes ago, Raven 54 said:

Who out there remembers listening to WLS FM radio station out of Chicago, I remember listening to it on an AM transistor radio.

What a great station.

From the Web...

WLS, also known as “The Fabulous 50,000” and later “The Big 89”, was a legendary radio station in Chicago during the 1960s. During this era, WLS was known for its powerful signal, which could be heard throughout the Midwest and beyond. The station’s popularity was largely due to its talented disc jockeys, who became local celebrities and helped shape the sound of Chicago’s music scene.

This song plays every time I mow the yard on my headphone radio.

Spoiler

Great, a song to encourage queens

Spoiler

= especially one queen ...

was exactly what we needed here ... 🙄😇

Manfred Mann: Ha Ha Said The Clown

😁

Woke up feeling like this... This video reminds me of how I used to act as a kid. I hope I can get in shape enough to express joy dancing all day like this 🧡

Posted (edited)

Is Beyonce wearing that sweatshirt that says "KALE" because she really likes kale?

Spoiler

Also, I have never played Twister. I don't think I know anyone who has actually played Twister.

Edited by branmakmuffin
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

Can't see @Simpossible_xx's most recent vid in the U.S.

Reveal hidden contents

it's: INXS - Need You Tonight (Official Video)

+

1 hour ago, Simpossible_xx said:

Need You Tonight by INXS

Can't see yours as well

Queen: the show must go on (remastered 2011)

Spoiler

= the answer in such cases is always either a song title posted with or a right click on the video + copied video url =

Spoiler

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C61NRbljur

Edited by chooseChaos
1 hour ago, chooseChaos said:

it's: INXS - Need You Tonight (Official Video)

+

Queen: the show must go on (remastered 2011)

Reveal hidden contents

= the answer in such cases is always either a song title posted with or a right click on the video + copied video url =

Hide contents

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C61NRbljur

With a sharp tongue like yours, you should start a blog and post there regularly

19 hours ago, Simpossible_xx said:

With a sharp tongue like yours, you should start a blog and post there regularly

Spoiler

'We're talkin about regulary?' 😁

Jamie Joseph: Regularly (Brotherhood Original Sountrack)

Spoiler

But I am more at home on this side of existence:

Orla Gartland: Little Chaos

minus the little of course 😇

Posted (edited)

Intro...

Spoiler

In North West Arkansas, Way out in the stick's (Country) there was a redneck bar we went to in the early 70's, full of rednecks and old timers, shit kickin music rattling from the Jukebox, clack of billiard balls coming from the Pool Table, tink and rattle of of glasses and Mugs being filled, cleaned, and set up ready for the next orders.

The first time I was invited to go there with a buddy of mine I was taken aback by the general atmosphere of the place, cigar & cigarette smoke hung thick, the smell of stale beer , the smells of fresh beers and whiskeys, & of course the smells of the Old Timers stopping there on the way home after a Hard Days work, we settled in to have a few drinks and try to get in on a game of Dominoes or Billiards.

About every 30 to 45 minutes at least half if not more of the entire bar customers would pile out the door. 10 minutes later pile back in.

WTF I thought...Then my buddy got the nod and the next time we all piled out with them.

Well let me tell you all, that was my first taste of Real Moonshine, as well we tasted some local smoke grown right there in the Mountains  :astonished:  Damn I would have never guessed half those guys ever touched a Doobie, but there they were, sippin from a gallon jug, tokin on a big joint.   :cool:  Well I was blown away, and the Party Favors were Kick Ass. Good Times.

I have not thought of that in many, many years....

Edited by Raven 54