Do you have a (funny) nickname in RL and why?

germanicus

I recently shared on my other thread "Masturbation...." why I'm thrilled with some English words which sometimes means completely opposite in my culture and language from the original. I'm originally from Germany but grew up and live in other country that speaks another language, So I do not speak German, I'm very bad in English and I had and still have various friends from all continents. When gathered we use to give each other a nicknames. :)  During the years I got many many nicknames but most common was: The poet, philosopher, pervert, musician, Mich... - those were normal nicks, but some friends use to gave me funny ones like: old fart, pervert, fatty (wasn't fat but had strong musculature), horny, Švabo (Schwaben) for being from Germany and few other...

I'm really interesting about your nick names especially if they are funny and why are they given to you... Please, share. :)

Ok, small history of my nicknames (mainly give to me by friends):

High School: "baffo" (that means mustache in Italian, because I had a mustache till 17 years.)

College: puccic (because my girlfriend was from Russia and the sound of this name sounds Russian for Italian speakers. It was also part of my first and last name.)

College: Nano (dwarf in English, I am 1.62 CM / 5.1 Inces.)

When I started working my nick name at office was: Affamato (hungry, but related to sex.)

Then I start the job I am doing right now (a loooong time ago), and every employee of my company had a three-letters code for everything (login, taxes, mesaging, etc.) It was the initial of the names. And mine was: CPU.

Today I keep this nikname with everybody (friend, colleagues, avatars, etc.) because it fits me really well.

Thanks for sharing CPU.

When you mentioned you had moustache before 17, I had to laugh because I immediately remembered friend from elementary school who had them in age of 15 and we all envy him. Not so much for he was having moustache and we didn't but because he had hair on intimate place and under armpits in age of 13 and we didn't. If you had hair in armpits and on intimate place, it was considered "becoming adult" in my time and in my country. We "hated" him because of that, and we called him Dlakavi (hairy). :)

And i like your present nick - CPU.

from academy bishop because of my way of life no drink no smoke no chicks no gambling only class library training ground

Hahahaha - I was completely opposite except for gambling when was in high school.  Drink a lot, smoking the pot, every weekend sex orgies from Friday to Sunday, dating two girls at the same time and similar. No wonder I had "pervert" nick for a long time.  :D 

High School: Wong Fei Hung, because I learn Kuntao at that time (Kuntao/kungfu is pretty rare in my country, especially in my city)

College: Ninja Assasins(from that 2009 movie), because I'm chinese descendant (I don't know why they called me that, because ninja are from japan not china), and my hair at that time. 

Btw, CPU is a pretty nice nick. :D

High School: Wong Fei Hung, because I learn Kuntao at that time (Kuntao/kungfu is pretty rare in my country, especially in my city)

College: Ninja Assasins(from that 2009 movie), because I'm chinese descendant (I don't know why they called me that, because ninja are from japan not china), and my hair at that time. 

Btw, CPU is a pretty nice nick. :D

Thanks, my real name is Claudio PUcci.

And I love my nickname.

Gosh i have had a few over the years,

Starting out in school i was named Chris short for Christian since there were two of us in the same class and I was the shorter one, that latter mutated into Credde, have no idea how or why but i believe alcohol was involved, but didn't last long as i was soon back to Chris, but now with a twist since i was very interested in the occult at the time it became Anti-Chris.

After i finished school i started working in furniture and model carpenting/restoration and since i was so used to be called Chris i accidentally introduced myself as that on the first day and it stuck once again.

Few years later i took a different job as a Night Manager/Bartender at a hotel, and one night i got challenged to do little bottle juggle cause you know drunk crowd logic states that what makes a real bartender is not there knowledge and know how in different flavors etc, but how good they are at throwing bottles around, I did however manage put on a show and then got the nickname Brian which has a double meaning, one being that it is the first name of Tom Cruise's character in the movie Cocktail but can also in danish can be used as a term for someone who is a show-off / smart-ass.

Doing this time i also found my now ex-wife who was half german and my dear father-in-law took it upon him to name me Die Sonne (means "The Sun") for a few reasons, one being that i had grown to nearly 2 meters in height and him being only 1.55 meters, but also because i have very little pigment in my skin so basicly i don't tan it's either nothing or burned, so standing in direct sunlight i look very bright. In addition to this he also used to sing the chorus of the Rammstein song "Sonne" every time we met. 

My half current nickname is Vac short for my username Vacaliga which came about by using a random name generator (had to name a character at some point, could have been WoW.) But that is slowly dying, since i rarely play online with people i know little or nothing about anymore, and people who know me pretty much all know me as Chris.

So i have come full circle (again) and now Chris is both my nickname and business name and rarely ever use my full name Christian anymore unless it's something official like passport or taxes etc.

Recap: Chris-->--Credde-->--Anti-Chris-->--Chris-->--Brian-->--Die Sonne-->--Vac-->--Chris

Gosh i have had a few over the years,

Recap: Chris-->--Credde-->--Anti-Chris-->--Chris-->--Brian-->--Die Sonne-->--Vac-->--Chris

Thanks for sharing, Chris.

Meow, since some of my classmates can't pronounce simple Japanese names for the life of them. And don't really try to. That's a different story.

Correlating to that, Princess, since if you kanji-fy my name (which is spelled in katakana) it becomes a character that means that.

And then The Exception, because I'm Asian and bad at math. Go figure.

I have two somewhat funny ones:

1) The goat fucker.

Got that one when i went to school in Copenhagen, because i was the only person there who didn't grow up in Copenhagen but out in the countryside. One day a couple of the guys were joking around about "what the hell is there even to do out there in the countryside? Do you just tip cows all day?", and another piped in with "Nah man, i bet he just fucks goats". The name stuck after that.. :mellow:

2) Tigris.

I was supposed to see a friend one Newyears eve, meet a bunch of his mates i haden't met before, but ended up having to cancel because the trains were going nowhere quick. His drunken buddies took this as an invitation to give my friend some guff, and the standing joke all night was that i wasen't real, i was his imaginary friend that he had made up.

The next day, all hung over, they came across a contest for an icecream called "Tiger Is" (Tiger Icecream), where kids were incouraged to send in drawings of what would because the next company mascot. They mailed in a blank piece of paper that just had "this is our buddies invisible friend" written on it and had a laugh. After that, i was dubbed "Tigris".

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a few over the years.

Middle school and freshman year I was Nelly, as my last name was Nelson, everyone thought it was amusing.

Jake, short for Jacob, I picked that when I was in elementary school as my class at the time had a Jacob already.

When I moved to where I live now I was called Nampa, which was my hometown.

My friends during school in the new state called me Scott, since we had a friend named Jake already.

Been called Ark, or Arkdick by some of my other friends I met on another game, we meet now and then to have a few drinks and play pool.

and my latest nickname is Red, since my bass is a deep shade of red, and it's also short for my jersey in highschool and my schools mascot, Redbulldog #67, my Football jersey shared the same color and number(american football)

coopervane - hahahaha - goat fucker is funny nick, but also insulting in my country.

Chaos63 - nice one. My uncle love to cheat  on cards so when we played cards we called him "dirty hands" :)

Arkan Red - you had interesting spectre of nicknames. Thanks for sharing.

poncho after pancho villa might hawe hade sumting to do whit the fact that i wasent the most law abiding in my youth  :P   altho never had a gun and dont look like him and am from sweden  :D  got traded up to sir ponchalot tho cant rember why  and aklaim a name i made up for a game char that just stuck  delibirate miss spelling of akklaim game studio

Archived