Massive Problem with HDT

Voltranis

Like the topic says, I've been running into a massive issue with HDT - and I can't fix it at all.

I use CBBE with XPMS extended skeleton v2.82 and the latest HDT (14.28 at the time of writing I think), and just with that basic HDT install I get strange jagged body shapes on any and all female characters in my game. I couldn't find any thing on searches, though I tend to be really bad at searching forums - so I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered beforehand (it probably has).

post-97508-0-54169300-1436108047_thumb.pngpost-97508-0-09862600-1436108053_thumb.png

That's what it looks like in bodyslide preview.

I've done everything from reinstalling the skeleton to reinstalling HDT in every order that I could find, hopefully one of you out there knows how to fix this.

Surely it is XPMSE and HDTs fault, if it already looks in bodyslide like this...

Well Groov, I don't think it's anything on the creator's end so much as on the user's end - I'm fairly certain this is user error on my part entirely.

Skeleton\Body mesh problem,skin weights is made on other  skeleton_female,thus  distortion.

Bodyslide folder have 3 skeletons in *res* folder  for bodies.

-romeozero

So what are you saying I should do? Forgive my horrible skills when it comes to this kind of thing.

You installed blabba's HDT Body v1.4. It is unusably bugged (the body has a wrong vertex order, so the sliders bug out).

The older one (v1.3) works, but it is rather outdated in its weighting.

Use the "CBBE Body HDT" that comes with the latest BodySlide instead.

You installed blabba's HDT Body v1.4. It is unusably bugged (the body has a wrong vertex order, so the sliders bug out).

Alright, trying that right now. I'll edit this post with results (if any).

EDIT/UPDATE: Either I've done something wrong (again) or that wasn't the issue - still have horrific jagginess almost identical (if not completely identical) to the original two pictures.  I did notice some sliders with negative values, I tried making them positive and I tried leaving them alone with no variation in the end result.

EDIT: Either I've done something wrong (again) or that wasn't the issue - still have horrific jagginess almost identical (if not completely identical) to the original two pictures.  I did notice some sliders with negative values, I tried making them positive and I tried leaving them alone with no variation in the end result.

So you did have the HDT Body installed, right?

Try doing a fresh install of just the latest BodySlide archive from the Nexus, with no addons, into a new folder:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/

You can run BodySlide from any folder. If you use MO and want it to output to the correct location, you have to run it through MO, though.

That pretty much has to work. Then continue to add your BodySlide addons (just not HDT Body) and build the "CBBE Body HDT".

EDIT: Either I've done something wrong (again) or that wasn't the issue - still have horrific jagginess almost identical (if not completely identical) to the original two pictures.  I did notice some sliders with negative values, I tried making them positive and I tried leaving them alone with no variation in the end result.

So you did have the HDT Body installed, right?

Try doing a fresh install of just the latest BodySlide archive from the Nexus, with no addons, into a new folder:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/

You can run BodySlide from any folder. If you use MO and want it to output to the correct location, you have to run it through MO, though.

That pretty much has to work. Then continue to add your BodySlide addons (just not HDT Body) and build the "CBBE Body HDT".

My friend, you are a god amongst men and I love you for it.

Issue's been sorted out completely - thanks to all three of you for time and effort (Cell the Hero, Romeozero the Other Hero, and Groovtama the Legendary)

Marking this as solved and all that good stuff - thanks again :D

PS: Yes, I gave you three titles that I will hold in my heart for all of eternity for your awesomeness

Archived