"Showracemenu" on NPC

Xuphra

Hey guys! 

I'll get quick to the point; is there a way to use the "showracemenu" on an NPC somehow? I want to get the ECE Face Data/preset of a follower mod I have.

What I'm asking for is to be able to save the followers face.

Anyone know a way to do this?

I've tried to download and us the mod Alternate Actors, but it's buggy as **** and doesn't work for me.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4554/?  If you run this program you open up the corresponding bsas  for the "eye,hair or face mods you wanna  use along with  the main bsa skyrim "be warned it may not open dragonborn or dawnguard" .It should let you customize not only the look of any npc of your choice but also  their stats and skills. Also itll compile all the data into a bsa for you so after that all youd have to do is put it in a zip and run it through mod manager and your ready to go ^_^ "my marcurio example below be warned hes breath taking";) lol  Oh and one last thing youll still need to keep your other mods installed for it to work the modified character is dependant on them.

post-239337-0-32604800-1433867471_thumb.jpg

Also itll compile all the data into a bsa for you so after that all youd have to do is put it in a zip and run it through mod manager and your ready to go ^_^

But how does this let me add the face to a main character?

Thanks for the reply.

If You want a follower face on Your PC try newest features of RaceMenu instead ECE. You can do this in 5 mins, and further edit Your char in showracemenu window. It's really easy. I can guide You step by step if You are interested.

I've posted this earlier but deleted, because I got confused.

If You want a follower face on Your PC try newest features of RaceMenu instead ECE. You can do this in 5 mins, and further edit Your char in showracemenu window. It's really easy. I can guide You step by step if You are interested.

I've posted this earlier but deleted, because I got confused.

That would be really helpful! I'll download RaceMenu right now.

1. Download and unpack Follower file (do it on desktop, or in any non-skyrim folder)

2. In follower files search for FaceGenData/FaceGeom folder. It's usually in meshes/actors/character. There should be a single nif file containing FaceGen data. Copy it and rename with your own taste (for example with follower name)

Note: when follower has multiple options, this folder can contain more than just one NIF. You can copy them all and try them in game later.

3. Put that NIF in Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen or what ever Your Skyrim directory is. If there is none folder like this, create it. Should work fine. (of course if You have SKSE, which is needed for RaceMenu :P)

Note: In this CharGen folder should be located another one called "Presets" where jslot files are installed.

4. Run game, type showracemenu, and in SCUPLTING MODE hit F9 and pick your NIF. There should popup window describing which head parts will be affected. Sometimes they are marked as red, but as long is not head mesh it's ok. :P So accept and voila!

Note: Keep in mind that you are importing only face sculpting. If You want exact look try lurking in follower author credits and download same textures, eyes, hair and body.

Few other tips:

- Before importing I'll make sure to set all presets/sliders on most default position. It's important for further character customization, because head scuplting file doesn't contain preset information.

- What is awesome with this feature? You can for example make Your lovely nord waifu (export her head), and then import that head on elf! Yes! I'm actually creating ningheim-based bosmer, and I'm excited as hell!

- So far It worked for me perfectly with small exception: CITRUS heads. It messes with eyes a "little".

1. Download and unpack Follower file (do it on desktop, or in any non-skyrim folder)

2. In follower files search for FaceGenData/FaceGeom folder. It's usually in meshes/actors/character. There should be a single nif file containing FaceGen data. Copy it and rename with your own taste (for example with follower name)

Note: when follower has multiple options, this folder can contain more than just one NIF. You can copy them all and try them in game later.

3. Put that NIF in Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen or what ever Your Skyrim directory is. If there is none folder like this, create it. Should work fine. (of course if You have SKSE, which is needed for RaceMenu :P)

Note: In this CharGen folder should be located another one called "Presets" where jslot files are installed.

4. Run game, type showracemenu, and in SCUPLTING MODE hit F9 and pick your NIF. There should popup window describing which head parts will be affected. Sometimes they are marked as red, but as long is not head mesh it's ok. :P So accept and voila!

Note: Keep in mind that you are importing only face sculpting. If You want exact look try lurking in follower author credits and download same textures, eyes, hair and body.

Few other tips:

- Before importing I'll make sure to set all presets/sliders on most default position. It's important for further character customization, because head scuplting file doesn't contain preset information.

- What is awesome with this feature? You can for example make Your lovely nord waifu (export her head), and then import that head on elf! Yes! I'm actually creating ningheim-based bosmer, and I'm excited as hell!

- So far It worked for me perfectly with small exception: CITRUS heads. It messes with eyes a "little".

Thanks a lot. No way to do this with ECE, I need RaceMenu?

Few other tips:

Thanks a lot. No way to do this with ECE, I need RaceMenu?

So far I know ECE don't have such feature. Consider staying with RM for rest of Your life :P

ECE is a dead horse, and only certain people keep beating it.

If I can get my characters over and keep my morphs I'll definitely switch. Better UI, more customization, easier to use. Etc.

Expired writes on RaceMenu description:

For ECE to RaceMenu migration see:

I'm actually doing this as we speak, haha. Thanks a lot Shosholada. ♥ 

ECE is a dead horse, and only certain people keep beating it.

If I can get my characters over and keep my morphs I'll definitely switch. Better UI, more customization, easier to use. Etc.

Expired writes on RaceMenu description:

For ECE to RaceMenu migration see:

I'm actually doing this as we speak, haha. Thanks a lot Shosholada. ♥ 

You're welcome! ^^ Tell me later does it works!

For future lurkers: I've uploaded my tips as a tutorial on nexus.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66756/?

So as I can read here... I suppose there's no way to "showracemenu" ingame to a specific NPC lets say... lydia for example... right?

Would it be so hard to do a mod like this? Well i guess the response would be yes, otherwise someone would have done it.

Here's another option; Easy NPC Creation / NPC Photobooth

This would be really great if I could choose an NPC to edit. I saw no such feature. Is there? Thanks for the reply.

To be honest, I'm not sure there.  I came across that mod recently and it looked like a nice option for some planned NPC creation work I intend to do.  I DL'ed it but I've been so busy bug chasing the last week + that I haven't had time to test it.

Archived