Blender Black Messed Up Faces in Models

Myst42

I was making something in Blender. Still am

I was making the boots. But something went wrong and I have no freaking idea what it is

I could make the boot's feet again.. 

But that would take more time, more effort and I don't wanna go through that again

It's not the first time it happens when making a new model

Does anybody know what the fuck happened, how to prevent it and more important, how to fix it?

post-6429-0-09834400-1433812769_thumb.jpg

post-6429-0-16700900-1433812835_thumb.jpg

PS: It's not rotated UV faces in UV map. Faces just popped up those black corners in every single face of that model

Hey there,

I am no expert but it looks like you may have to recalculate normals but before doing that, check in NifSkope right click on the boot in the Nif Viewer and then go to Mesh and click either Flip Normals or face normals.

In blender, there's a few ways to fix it, but I'll give you the couple I am most familiar with. One way is to go to edit mode and press Ctrl+N and that will recalculate normals outside. Another more annoying way is to make a new loops around all of the edges and move it to the other loop. This is a work around better saved for only  few spots as you'll need to smooth the mesh using the sculpting tools after which to get rid of the unsightly separation that's better used to create a Seem/in this case, between the shoe and the heel. But you get where I'm going - I hope.

There are other ways but I do not know all. I do hope this helps a tad bit ><.

@DarkSear

WTF is this russian talk. I dont understand Russian, though I like Russian culture and Russians are mostly creative folk, I get the feeling you're a troll

Previous messages demanding I do certain things, always accompanied with angry faces, written in Russian, knowing I dont understand it. Seems rude m8

1.- I'm nobody's maid

2.- I do stuff when I want, how I want, If I ever damn well please.

3.- I've aquired "Kingdoms of Amalur" and I intend to play it and probably port some stuff from it, but thanks to your rudeness, I will not publish the files publicly once they're done. Congratulations. Being an asshole finally paid off.

4.-Moved to ignore list. Goodbye!

@Happysparkles

Thank you very much, but I already tried that. Recalculate normals, inside and outside

Found another solution, deleted all faces only and created them back from the edge armature.

But I had to remake the UV map

It's a way to fix it. But It's not the solution, as its more like a remake than a fix.

Good to see that you've solved it somehow, but any chance you still have the .blend file? I'm just curious and want to take a look myself.

By the way, figuring from your above post... seems like that guy from Russia sent that request pm to any modder-ish folks around here... I still quite don't get his motives.

Thought It was over and problem was gone but I still had 2 more meshes with the problem that required the treatment, I'm taking the opportunity to send them.

On non textured modes nothing seems wrong, but when placing a texture one can notice the black corners in faces. Any texture will do, even an entirely white one.

messed up meshes.7z

I still quite don't get his motives.

That makes at least two of us. This morning I rec'd a PM with a .7z attached that contained a text file with a Skype address, only to have it deleted a short time later. This has occurred before, where they send a PM and then shortly after I read it they delete it.

Very unusual behavior...

Thought It was over and problem was gone but I still had 2 more meshes with the problem that required the treatment, I'm taking the opportunity to send them.

On non textured modes nothing seems wrong, but when placing a texture one can notice the black corners in faces. Any texture will do, even an entirely white one.

attachicon.gifmessed up meshes.7z

Ok friend, turns out that the culprit was vertex color. I was only suspecting it, but I was never certain about that. Somehow you accidentally assigned black vcol, or for whatever reason they are there.

solution: Set it to white. Or simply disable it in Nifskope NiTri data after exporting it. Aren't I nice!!!

Very unusual behavior...

He's indeed unusual. He's not consistent (except for the fact that he's using Russian and attaching that angry smiley every time). He almost seems like a machine that is programmed to hate someone for no apparent reason.

If he's trolling, Russian is not the right language for more effective trolling simply because this is an English site, or this is not the right place to troll other folks simply because he can't write English too fluently. Better be more careful about judging someone's intention when we can't quite understand his words.

Aye, vertex color was the solution it seems

I went to a "Texture Face" Layer from the bottom menu, Pressed a "Copy Color" button and problem gone. :D

Much appreciated

About the mysterious situation...

It's Ok we dont understand other languages, but first rule if you adress someone on a foreign forum, you try to communicate in a way they can understand. I use google translate when I'm left with no other choice, and it usually works very well when describing someone's intentions. Even in stranger languages such as Chinese or Korean. But when the translations clearly sound like an angry demand, the unusual behavior persists through time and the messages dissapear mysteriously minutes after, my instinct starts telling me something's wrong and I'd rather stay away from such things.

From my side, he's now on the silent list, so I consider this matter finished and I'm turning the page to better things.

Archived