Creating a world for OKW

Weather just cut my wlan connection, something is changing. Whatever.

Yep, NRaas does the job, reducing traffic and some settings for ice- and food-truck. Should have a look into more of NRaas-mods.

And your help is very much appreciated.

Decided to clean up the Downloads-Folder, followed the Guide-to-OKW, renaming and all.

Still takes time to install some missing stuff, but overall loading time for the launcher is reduced.

A question is, where do you find stuff, you save in edit-town-mode?

CAS is clear to me, mydocuments-electronic arts-savedsims, where is everything else?

And I learned a thing about CC (had to test this...), installed the world into the fresh game, without any CC installed and all CC used in this world is there. Don`t want to create a world and make anyone go download-hunting.

One Texture disappeared and four items were deleted, as they were not installed at that time.

A thing less to worry about.

The screenshot is inside of the Hospital.

post-813297-0-06831600-1434138157_thumb.jpg

good thing making it with no CC...although i would have loved some lots made for cyclonesues abandoned train-lots ;)

I have all her cc ( I think) but have a hard time placing her lots without it looking weird (need to tweak _alot_ to make it look okeyish)

btw do you use cc-magic? did wonders for m loadingtime/lagging and my cc-mania :) (Do not recommend starting to use it in the middle of a project though, as it took me some time to get used to)

i know that hospital will look so cool with some cc from the13thsim and aikea guinea :) Can`t wait to dl your world and start tweaking :D

(oh don`t rush it though...I am just happy someone is doing this, as i have wanted to try learning to do that myself for some time, but just don`t have the drive to begin such a huge project :P)

Oh. some misunderstanding, I use CC and yes, it is all cyclonesue (textures, roof-deco, some objects), just don`t want to use too much stuff from other creators and this clean-up answered the question, if it would still be there, without having any CC installed in the game itself.

You know, installing any lot whatsoever by cyclonesue adds a ton of her stuff to objects and textures, without having to download that stuff, to make that lot work. That is what I like.

The stuff you see on the screenie is part BS_funeral_embalming, part AC_hospital_stuff aaaaand (yesss, I found your link!) 13thsim.....(big grin).

Weird things seem to happen out of nowhere. Placed a Rave-Club (arrrr, forgot the pole) and the world goes laggy.

Not really bad, but a second every now and then, just noticeable.

No problems, while it was an empty lot. Any solutions, ideas, suggestions, whatever?

Update: Laundromat and DanceClub are now added to the world, missing gates are fixed.

The Laundromat has a condom-dispenser inside.

Added a lot for grocery, next will be some apartments, beach needs a parking-space for the food-truck.

Spooky: a sim-world without lag.......

Note to myself: Overwatch--clean up outfits and stuck check set to false.

Second note: add Lady666 to personal-heroes-list for washing-machine-animations!

Talking about release: I think, there will  be more than one, as it is,...hm...., early alfa-stage.

But I think about uploading some lots, so you have a backup (you know, Murphy and The Law (Who needs Murphy? Judge Dredd!*)).

Would help a ton, if someone more familiar with CAW would show up and lend me a hand, base-game-roads and textures are booooring.

* I....am the law!!

Enough of this, I`ll go and install overwatch.

I guess this will sort things (you know about the thanks-button!).

Oh, and judging by how often this is asked, I think I`ll place more than one condom-machine (grin).

Update: placed a dummy-apartment-tower, for NPC only, "High Rise Heights" by Cyclone Sue.

Which one has the better sound to it : "East Fleabottom High" or "Fleabottom Educational Facility"?

Alcatraz is, what comes to my mind, when picturing an "Educational Facility". Weird, weird, weird.

Found something in my collection, an abandoned asylum, creepy. Wall-writings and all.

Try TSR, abandoned asylum and another one is Carson-Library (also TSR I think).

I`ll place them into the world and see how this looks.

Update: renamed "East Fleabottom High" to "Fleabottom Educational Fac.".

"Facility" is too long, hope "Fac." is right.

Added two lots, one for a science-lab, other for corporate-tower, the beach now has a parking-space for the Food-Truck.

Seven small residential-lots added to Fleabottom Row, renamed one other residential to "Rushdon Heights" according to Cyclone Sue`s naming, this is the apartment-tower.

Hm. Weird.

After renaming to "Educational Facility", some of the adjacent lots seem to be reset to "no visitors allowed", need a closer look at this.

The grocrey seen on the last screenie is replaced by a small market, means register, counter and all.

Have to rebuild the science-lab, forgot to save it (grumbling). No big loss anyway.

Still need to think of the corporate-lot.

Archived