UUNP Body Slide Conversions - ChaJaPa

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but for the life of me I can't get BodySlide to read/find/locate the Vamp Dress to try and batch it.

Let me have a look at it. I may have forgotten to put a SLiderGroups file in there.

** EDIT **

Just downloaded and took a look. It has a SliderGroups folder and file and the file appears to be valid. 

What version of BodySlide are you using?

This was done with 2.6a, I believe. I don't think I would have done it with 2.5

I'm almost positive I'm using 2.6a, but I'll double check this evening. Another thing I probably should have asked a while ago; where is the correct place to extract these files? What I've been doing is making a Caliente Tools folder with a BodySlide folder inside it in the armor's data folder (the one with meshes/textures folders in it) and extracting the files there. It's worked well so far, but I don't know if that's how its even supposed to be done.

I'm almost positive I'm using 2.6a, but I'll double check this evening. Another thing I probably should have asked a while ago; where is the correct place to extract these files? What I've been doing is making a Caliente Tools folder with a BodySlide folder inside it in the armor's data folder (the one with meshes/textures folders in it) and extracting the files there. It's worked well so far, but I don't know if that's how its even supposed to be done.

How that's even working is beyond me. :)

When you open the 7z archive, you see a Caliente Tools folder and maybe a meshes and textures folder.

Regardless.... the contents of the archive simply get put right into your .....whatever path...Skrim/Data folder

If I've included original mod files (which I think I did on yangyang's Bean Sidhe armor), you STILL just put the entire contents into your Data folder.

You should already have a Caliente Tools folder in your Data folder from installing BodySlide. The Caliente Tools folder in one of these armor conversions simply gets merged into that same Caliente Tools folder. You should need to create folders anywhere. Just dump the contents into your Data folder.

I probably should have stated that I'm using MO; I forget which armor it was specifically that I downloaded, but it was packaged with everything needed (textures/meshes/plugin/uunp morphs) and so I was able to just plug it in, batch it, and go. I was looking at its file structure and realized I could maybe cut down on plugins by doing the same for other uunp armors, and so far its worked quite well.

I don't know, maybe its an accident.

It's how I handle conversions as well. Download the original, open and extract the new conversion meshes to the already activated original file and overwrite the original meshes.

For all I kniw I could be hacking my game to pieces doing this, but so far I haven't run into any problems.

I probably should have stated that I'm using MO; I forget which armor it was specifically that I downloaded, but it was packaged with everything needed (textures/meshes/plugin/uunp morphs) and so I was able to just plug it in, batch it, and go. I was looking at its file structure and realized I could maybe cut down on plugins by doing the same for other uunp armors, and so far its worked quite well.

I don't know, maybe its an accident.

It's how I handle conversions as well. Download the original, open and extract the new conversion meshes to the already activated original file and overwrite the original meshes.

For all I kniw I could be hacking my game to pieces doing this, but so far I haven't run into any problems.

MOST OFTEN... a conversion like these UUNP BodySlide ones I'm doing... and I looked at how other folks do them as well... only contains the bodyslide files. NORMALLY, it doesn't contain meshes for the armor. That's what Bodyslide does... it BUILDS the meshes. This is why you'll most often see that such-and-such conversion requires the original. Because the original has meshes :)

I use MO too and, frankly, I beat the hell out of it.

I use many different body shapes (UNP, UNPB, UNPBO, 7Base Bombshell, 7B-Oppai ... all UUNP generated.

Because of that, I need armors to fit several different body shapes. :)

So I keep the originals separate from the bodyslide files. Only the original has an ESP in it, which you'll need in order to see the armor anyways. But by keeping them separate, when I build meshes in BodySlide, I only have the BodySlide files active in the left pane of MO. Not the originals with the esp and original meshes.

Why?

Because if the original is not there (not enabled in the left pane) then it's meshes don't exist until I build them with BodySlide. When you build them, they then go into your OverWrite folder (WHICH YOU SHOULD BE KEEPING EMPTY ANYWAYS). All of the paths are correct, but they're in OverWrite.

So you close BodySlide, and highlight your OverWrite folder and right-click, Create Mod and name it such-and-such outfit - THIS bodyShape.

To play the game you activate the original (so the esp is there) and then the custom-bodyslided-meshes "mod" you just made.

GROUPS of custom bodyslided outfits:

Activate only the BodySlide files for the outfits. Not the originals. Open BodySlide, choose all of your outfits, choose your preset, Batch Build.

Everything goes into OverWrite. So you might have 8 or 10 or 20 outfits (just the meshes) in OverWrite which you now right-click and Create Mod and as long as the original esp for each one is active, you have your custom fit outfit meshes in one "mod".

Do this same thing for a different body shape and build them all to fit UNPB instead of UNP. Just activate whichever one you want. I might have UUNP's UNPB body shape as the default for all females, but a slightly tweaked, custom body for female followers or my Succubus race character. I can build special outfit sets to fit followers only and/or outfits only for player character, and then use a vanilla replacer or the minidresses collection for vanilla females.

The esp files are the same. Only the mesh sets are different. So you could combine all the different specialty outfits into one "mod" for MO, but have your custom made meshes overwrite that combined outfit mod so all the original meshes are overwritten by your custom ones. 

How hard is it to convert cbbe armors to the uunp conversions? Does it take hours to convert?

Depends on the armor. An armor SET (armor with several variations of the same pieces) can take a while. But if you start with an armor that is simpler like armor, boots, gauntlets then it doesn't take long at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Chajapa, tried downloading the UUNP conversion files for the Gatti jewelry mod about 4 times, but the file seems to be broken, might need to be re upped or something.

EDIT: The BeanSidhe file is also broken too, might need to check the others as well!

Everything else is otherwise fine, appreciate the work you do man!

Hey Chajapa, tried downloading the UUNP conversion files for the Gatti jewelry mod about 4 times, but the file seems to be broken, might need to be re upped or something.

EDIT: The BeanSidhe file is also broken too, might need to check the others as well!

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look. You trying to get them from here on LL or from the mirror?

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look. You trying to get them from here on LL or from the mirror?

Trying to get them from here 

Trying to get them from here 

Try the mirror. I had all kinds of issues getting them onto LL so I made the mirror. I'll still check out the ones on LL, but in the meantime, try the mirror. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...