Request: Dead or Alive 5 subforum

Actually, there are about 3 sites continually releasing texture mods at the moment and there are at least 2 underground communities working on a full mesh/texture mod toolkit.

So we will one day be able to do anything with the characters (can anyone say full nudes? Tera Armors? or full FF cosplay?) yes its coming, before this year's end I can promise you the toolkit will be done and more then likely full nudes as well.

In my humble opinion, a new subforum must be made for DOA, but if the admins wish to wait for the toolkit or 50+ topics, I'd understand.

maybe if you read better then you see that i say give it a week or 2, game/mods are new, so forum is flooded atm, but after 2 + weeks most thread will be dead

Quite the contrary I believe, actually. Right now mod tools and import/export utilities are still very much WIP and being developed and Xentax for the most part. Right now the modding is very tame considering people are only using texture injection for the most part, but the tools get finalized we'll probably see more of an explosion. Especially since DLC and whatnot are being released ongoing.

There are "nude" mods that're simple painted on nipples to the diffuse map that have hundreds of thousands of views. There's clearly some serious demands for DOA5 mods and it'll be very interesting to see what happens when real tools become available.

maybe if you read better then you see that i say give it a week or 2, game/mods are new, so forum is flooded atm, but after 2 + weeks most thread will be dead

Quite the contrary I believe, actually. Right now mod tools and import/export utilities are still very much WIP and being developed and Xentax for the most part. Right now the modding is very tame considering people are only using texture injection for the most part, but the tools get finalized we'll probably see more of an explosion. Especially since DLC and whatnot are being released ongoing.

There are "nude" mods that're simple painted on nipples to the diffuse map that have hundreds of thousands of views. There's clearly some serious demands for DOA5 mods and it'll be very interesting to see what happens when real tools become available.

I hate being such a dingus but seriously, I never got a clear answer to this: WILL we get more than just textures? I feel like those mod tools will either never even be made, or just be made "exclusive" to Xentax unless someone leaks them, and then they'll just keep whatever mods they make to their sad little site, and we'll sit here, jealous, angry and very very disappoint.

I mean, consoles have a ton of mods...But I don't think any were ever made public, at least not for DOA5U or LR.

I hate being such a dingus but seriously, I never got a clear answer to this: WILL we get more than just textures? I feel like those mod tools will either never even be made, or just be made "exclusive" to Xentax unless someone leaks them, and then they'll just keep whatever mods they make to their sad little site, and we'll sit here, jealous, angry and very very disappoint.

I mean, consoles have a ton of mods...But I don't think any were ever made public, at least not for DOA5U or LR.

I don't believe Xentax is deliberately trying to make their tools exclusive. Most of the users there are long time users who came in before the forum administration made registration exclusive to those who donate, and they probably don't even realize that us non registered users can't download their files and can't register without paying. You'll see sometimes that they host their files on third party hosts and stuff, and non of their files have any readmes or anything restricting redistibution.

I rehosted some of the tools here, which I believe covers the important stuff.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43949-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-modding/page-18?do=findComment&comment=1145873

I haven't tried exporting and repacking models yet, as I believe there's still work being done getting the tools to name the bones properly. The problem is that Techmo Koei is doing their damndest to introduce obstacles to modding, and therefore it's taking longer for it to take off than mod friendly games like, say, Skyrim.

Models and such will definitely come with time. There's demand for it and we're very, very near getting to the point where the tools are fully functional. You can export and import models right now. I'm just not sure if you can get the game to read them properly yet.

Oh, and I forgot. The mod tools are not intentionally made private for DOA5U for the 360, but due to the nature of hacking a J-TAGGED 360 for modding, it was simply too impractical for modding to really take off. Modding for consoles is a pain in the ass. Convenience is a big factor and it may very well be the biggest detractor for modding even on PC for DOA5LR. We'll just have to see how the tools evolve. 

It's not really fair to compare your regular game to Bethesda games in terms of modding community. Bethesda has a very relaxed policy on modding and has welcomed their efforts, which is extremely rare for most publishers these days. They have a tremendous community and their games are running on the same engine through generations so their modding community just grows and grows. Lots of games have mods but not the level of activity that Bethesda games do. That doesn't mean they're "dead" or won't improve.

@speedynl I'm not dropping my dedication, everyone else can if they want to. That's completely fine by me. Although I'm sure serious modders are going to stay and newbie modders are always gonna wanna be just as good just as long as you try to keep it underground, they'll try to have a purpose on something for once. Contradicting your whole theory. This is not the first game this has happened with and isn't a theory.

@speedynl I'm not dropping my dedication, everyone else can if they want to. That's completely fine by me. Although I'm sure serious modders are going to stay and newbie modders are always gonna wanna be just as good just as long as you try to keep it underground, they'll try to have a purpose on something for once. Contradicting your whole theory. This is not the first game this has happened with and isn't a theory.

Uh huh...

Actually, fully public releases of DOAX, DOA4, DOAX2 and DOA5/U nude mods have been achieved for both Xbox and Playstation platforms, considering how hard those are to crack in the first place much less mod, having an easy to access (by comparison) PC version means we'll have it within a few months rather than a year or two.

Also I'd point out that DOA5 models have been pulled from that game and used in Source Filmmaker, XNALara, and Daz, meaning all that talent could jump on board if extractors/injectors are ever released that are not behind a pay wall, I believe they all have been -eventually- for consoles, but I would need to double check, the reason you don't see those cross-overs is people using those modeling programs are PC gamers and couldn't care less about doing it for Consoles.

Please everyone remember this, the DOA series was the first fighter with both 3D and jiggle and continues to be the industry leader in sexualized additions (like the water/sweat mechanic), making it the MOST desired game in its genre to make nudes for, period.

Only reason it seems so underground/nonexistent to all these PC modders is they don't run in the same circles with Console modders and just about a month or two before release Temco filed content claims on all the on sites showcasing the nudes from consoles, rewind the clock 3+ months and look at videos and blogs back then, they had the mods everywhere, and will again in 3-4 months time when the hype is gone and Temco stops caring again.

A DoA sub forum would be great. I think this game has the most modding potential of all the current PC stuff, this side of Skyrim.

I agree about forums, don't know about modding potential. :P

Didn't take long derail this topic. :dodgy:  I said this while ago this could turn into custer fuck spam DOA release mods. Hate being right sometimes..

Uh, actually the topic looks fairly on the rails and constructive. I don't know what you're smoking.

Request subform.->Claiming mods dead.->Private mod tools.-> DERAILED! Started with Speedly everybody jump in. Could be troll baiting..  :sleepy: Let talk about illuminati while we at it. 

Request subform.->Claiming mods dead.->Private mod tools.-> DERAILED! Started with Speedly everybody jump in. Could be troll baiting..  :sleepy: Let talk about illuminati while we at it. 

All of those things are at least tangentially related to whether or not DOA should have it's own subsection. They're called talking points.

Didn't take long derail this topic. :dodgy:  I said this while ago this could turn into custer fuck spam DOA release mods. Hate being right sometimes..

Uh, actually the topic looks fairly on the rails and constructive. I don't know what you're smoking.

1. Speedynl claiming it was dead was most likely a Troll, hence why that post is now deleted.

2. Discussing the fact -PUBLIC- tools have been out for the previous games and will most likely be for this one soon is legitimizing our need for a Subforums, not off-topic in the least.

3. I have no interest in discussing Illuminati, Lustful Illumination sure! (Vergil's mods)

That pretty well defeats your argument, 'nuff said.

And might I suggest a general -Fighters- Subforum? it would be a place to keep all the Street Fighter, Tekken, DOA, MK, etc mods... as many have been done for SFxT and DOA and there is a following for MK, but they are waiting for the DLC characters before starting (and half of them are working on modding DOA first!).

• 3 weeks later...

I support this notion too. Been trying to get my head around DOA5 modding as well. The first game i've tackled in nearly a decade. It would be great to have a single place where all the efforts by other modders could be seen, as well as dedicated discussions could be held. Just my 2¢

Unfortunately there has been next to zero interest in learning how to mod here.  I have been posting my discoveries in this thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/43949-dead-or-alive-5-last-round-modding/page-21, but I am just talking to myself (and a select few people who are interested) there :D

Sadly, most people here are just interested in "nakedness ready to download," and with such perfect models already released, there isn't much incentive to get into modding, except for a few who are interested in the process.