COMPANION MOD WIP

Donglic

I've made a Companion mod for fallout new vegas, his name is Darren Duke. He is a very promising companion with voice acting but without lip-sync! I've followed every tutorial on lip-sync but none seem to work. So help from an expert would be taken kindly, i recorded his audio in audacity, so that might be the problem IDK!!!  

This mod isnt getting much love either and i would like to have people test it out for me!

Darren Duke LINK: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58450/?tab=3&selected_game=130&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D58450%26user%3D1%26gid%3D130&pUp=1

I haven't done lip-syncing, but I have done voice acting (recording direct to GECK) and my mod

partner had no problem with adding lip-syncing, as far as I know. I think that you want to have the GECK

Powerup installed, as it simplifies the lip-sync process, from what I understand.

Recording direct to GECK is only a good idea if you have outboard signal processing equipment.

In my case, I have an analog mic preamp, compressor, graphic EQ, noise gate, vocoder and reverb/delay

that I can patch in between the mic and my analog to USB converter.

I will be processing some voice parts for FNV with Reaper sometime in the near future, and I will probably

record the parts direct to GECK, process them, and overwrite the original voice files. I'll let you know how

the lip syncing goes.

*Sigh*

I actually already gave you very simple and specific instructions on how to add lip synch to your voices on your nexus page donglic.

(I am Shardoom from the nexus)

Where you record the audio doesn't matter, as long as it is in the correct format. I have used ripped audio, synthesised audio and personal audio.

As long as you follow the instruction on retrieving the file from the creation kit to enable the geck to create lip files, have (or convert) your audio in .wav format and make sure they are correctly named as to play in the geck as a test... Then lip-synching is as simple as highlighting the audio and clicking create lip file...

Guest tomm434

game assets...

So when I extract game animation and change bone priorities inside animation will it be counted as "game assets"?

EDIT:

On nexus I mean cuz I have no idea.

Guest tomm434

I'm pretty sure anything you extract from a game is considered game assets mesh texture sounds and so forth it is came from the game then it's considered game assets.

Then some active mods on Nexus should be already hidden.

I'm pretty sure anything you extract from a game is considered game assets mesh texture sounds and so forth it is came from the game then it's considered game assets.

Then some active mods on Nexus should be already hidden.

Nexus doesn't have the time to deal with every single mod. Take for example the battle between Dracomies and Drumber, two of the most popular modders in the Nexus. Their battle dragged for a extremely long time and Nexus was super slow to respond. In addition, it's likely they are more focused on skyrim. 

*Sigh*

I actually already gave you very simple and specific instructions on how to add lip synch to your voices on your nexus page donglic.

(I am Shardoom from the nexus)

Where you record the audio doesn't matter, as long as it is in the correct format. I have used ripped audio, synthesised audio and personal audio.

As long as you follow the instruction on retrieving the file from the creation kit to enable the geck to create lip files, have (or convert) your audio in .wav format and make sure they are correctly named as to play in the geck as a test... Then lip-synching is as simple as highlighting the audio and clicking create lip file...

I followed your instructions, the thing is its my friends mic and he doesnt always have time to record and darren duke(my friend that does the voice) gets the jitters for some reason. I've updated him a bit and might release him tonight if i can get lip-sync

• 1 month later...

Archived