Any good mmorpg like vindictus?

Xpyke

Hey guys, 2 weeks ago I learned about vindictus and became fascinated with the *armor breaking* system on the game, but as I am from Brazil and they have IP blocks all around the world, I couldn't play for more than 2 days without a block in my acc, and as they don't like moding and no sense to break everything except the undies (wtf?), I tried to download Kabod Online, but just today I realized it's servers are long gone....

So, guys, do you know of another mmorpg (or offline game I don't care), with the armor breaking system? I find this system really appealing and would like to play something with it, but in the last case, just post a good game and I'll call it quits.

Thanks guys!

Black Desert. Though keep in mind that this game also keeps undies intact, which is indeed pretty stupid. In fact, even though they get dirty, neither the stockings on the ranger nor the pantyhose on the sorceress get damaged at all. The game is currently not available officially outside of Korea AFAIK, but many people from around the world are somehow playing it, despite the fact that the game is almost completely in Korean. There's an unofficial English patch though, posted on Reddit, I think . Have a look at the Black Desert threads in General Gaming section for more info, there are plenty of BD videos on Youtube as well.

I had  seen it before, but couldn't play it as it was not open on that time, but this is one hell of a game, even without the fully naked system, its mechanics are amazing, I'll try to find a way to play it, and if a find I'll come back with news, but in the meanwhile, if you all know something more (even offline) i'm open to suggestions.

Edit*

Found this link on reddit with a really extensive guide:

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/2pr3kn/faq_and_useful_info_vol_2_please_read_before/

I'll try this one myself and post the results, thanks bjornk for the tip and kargrin for the opinion, but if you know something more let me know.

A game that maybe you will like is continent of the ninth (C9 online) is pretty fun and often compared to vindictus, and it also free to play hope this can help (first 10-20 level are like advanced tutorial and pretty easy and fast)  Enjoy ^^

If I'm not mistaken C9 was also made by Pearl Abyss (the devs of Black Desert).

Pearl Abyss was established in September 2010 as a Korean stand-alone game development company, targeting MMORPG users worldwide. They have created and developed Continent of the Ninth, also known as the MMORPG C9.

http://black-desert.com/about/

Edit: This is more accurate, I think...

Black Desert is the Korean studio’s first MMORPG, which is led by the creator of Webzen’s Continent of the Ninth

Question: Why the departure from C9’s dungeon-based system to a seamless, open world in Black Desert?

Answer: C9 and Black Desert are different games in many ways. C9 is an action MORPG that focused on dynamic combat, such as that in console games. In contrast, Black Desert is a MMORPG that seeks to provide users with a variety of exciting and entertaining challenges.

In Black Desert, users are able to experience more diverse gameplay than that of a MORPG and are able to interact with other players in a seamless open world. Creating a realistic world where a lot of events could take place was one of our main objectives for the game design.

http://mmoculture.com/2013/03/black-desert-interview-with-developer-pearl-abyss/

Hey Bacco, the game seems really beautiful, do you know if it has an armor damage system?

I'm playing that game myself too and it does have an armor damage system but not a visible one.

Just like a lot of other mmo's in which u need to repair your armor.

Thanks for the info, but asking for other things, as you play the game, is it good? Engaging and etc? And most of all, can I play alone or do I need a party to every single dungeon?

Abd bjornk, they really seem to be alike in visuals, but as I never played either I cannot afirm that, but indeed is the same company, just don't know if they are the same devs behind them.

And offline games guys, do you know of any with this kind of system?

Hey Bacco, the game seems really beautiful, do you know if it has an armor damage system?

I'm playing that game myself too and it does have an armor damage system but not a visible one.

Thanks for the info, but asking for other things, as you play the game, is it good? Engaging and etc? And most of all, can I play alone or do I need a party to every single dungeon?

Abd bjornk, they really seem to be alike in visuals, but as I never played either I cannot afirm that, but indeed is the same company, just don't know if they are the same devs behind them.

The game is like vindictus heavily depending on your own skills in terms of reacting fast/dodging and aiming with skills. (at least I think vindictus is like this, personally I never played vindictus and don't plan to since I'm already playing a game of Nexon and i'm really not satisfied with the company, too bad the game self is too addicting)

And well...engaging...well it got PvP so in particular ways u can see that engaging. 

I personally find the combat system great in terms of needing to learn the animations that bosses do for strong attacks and reacting in the right way in order to avoid or tank these attacks.

And for the question if u can play alone or need a party...well with enough effort all dungeons are solo-able. 

Every dungeon has 4 difficulty levels, which aren't that hard with a little skill and most should be easy doable but like I said...just with a bit of skill.

And when coming further in the game u got a few dungeons that got a "hell" difficulty, these are quite hard though and doing these solo requires a lot of skill and end game gear.

So yes basically the whole game is doable solo, but there are options for multiplayer if u wish so. (and highly recommended on some dungeons with the last difficulty and of course the hell difficulty for those few dungeons I said before)

The game is like vindictus heavily depending on your own skills in terms of reacting fast/dodging and aiming with skills. (at least I think vindictus is like this, personally I never played vindictus and don't plan to since I'm already playing a game of Nexon and i'm really not satisfied with the company, too bad the game self is too addicting)

And well...engaging...well it got PvP so in particular ways u can see that engaging. 

I personally find the combat system great in terms of needing to learn the animations that bosses do for strong attacks and reacting in the right way in order to avoid or tank these attacks.

And for the question if u can play alone or need a party...well with enough effort all dungeons are solo-able. 

Every dungeon has 4 difficulty levels, which aren't that hard with a little skill and most should be easy doable but like I said...just with a bit of skill.

And when coming further in the game u got a few dungeons that got a "hell" difficulty, these are quite hard though and doing these solo requires a lot of skill and end game gear.

So yes basically the whole game is doable solo, but there are options for multiplayer if u wish so. (and highly recommended on some dungeons with the last difficulty and of course the hell difficulty for those few dungeons I said before)

Now I see, and I hate nexon too, they are the worst, but do you know if there's an ip block on C9 too? Brazilians can't play vindictus because of this, and as nexon is behind them as well... And I think I'll try to create an acc on Black Desert, but C9 seems a promising game to try too, thanks for all the time and effort you put to anwser me 

Now I see, and I hate nexon too, they are the worst, but do you know if there's an ip block on C9 too? Brazilians can't play vindictus because of this, and as nexon is behind them as well... And I think I'll try to create an acc on Black Desert, but C9 seems a promising game to try too, thanks for all the time and effort you put to anwser me 

That question I can't answer...I'm always casually playing C9 so wouldn't know too much about restrictions in game and IP blocks etc.

I live in Europe myself and I can just acces the game.

However I searched the forums a bit and I found this qoute "it's just infested with a large group of people who unfortunately live in Brazil and SA, and they have access to the US server...." (don't mind the negativity in the game, most common problem people are having in and out from Brazil is just the langauge barrier)

So I guess that covers it up, but I don't have first hand experience.

That question I can't answer...I'm always casually playing C9 so wouldn't know too much about restrictions in game and IP blocks etc.

I live in Europe myself and I can just acces the game.

However I searched the forums a bit and I found this qoute "it's just infested with a large group of people who unfortunately live in Brazil and SA, and they have access to the US server...." (don't mind the negativity in the game, most common problem people are having in and out from Brazil is just the langauge barrier)

So I guess that covers it up, but I don't have first hand experience.

I'm not a hypocrital when it comes to my people, there are some "huehues" within, but they are not a majority, but still they are disturbing and I agree with the language barrier, when you don't know the language how are you supposed to enjoy your stay? And the worst is that you lessen the experience of others...

But again I thank you for the infos, I'm still looking for THAT game that will catch my eye and make me bleed from the nose, I took a look at scarlet blade too, but everything was so provocative that I didn't even download the game, can't say if it's any good, but IF I find something I'll come back here and tell everyone :D

Archived