Toughest part of making a new PC/DragonBorn/Character?

Me: well I'm about my RPGs so I always stay lore friendly but I want a unique name that represents who my Character(s) is(are). So that's a double trouble but in terms of design I love tinkering w/ slides and stuff & I always end up satisfied (:

So name & making sure I don't reuse a look

Well, everyone constantly modfies their characters over time.

I shiver when I first look at picutres of the first female characters i've made before and think to myself "how could i made this garbage?"

lol, but really it's down to personal taste, and which designing a new character is the hardest part.

for me the hardest part of setting up a new character is setting up all the mods in mcm.

i wish there was a global configuration manager, so that mcm could export and import all the mods settings at one time, instead of everyone freeballing it.

Well, everyone constantly modfies their characters over time.

I shiver when I first look at picutres of the first female characters i've made before and think to myself "how could i made this garbage?"

lol, but really it's down to personal taste, and which designing a new character is the hardest part.

lol I sometimes go back and look at old characters just to see how far I have come. The face and body shape is always tough and then there's using body slide for armor and what not...

I've never really had a difficult time with names in Skyrim. I just go traditional, Norse names for Nords, Roman names for Imperials, Egyptian or Persian names for Redguards, etc...

I'd say the hardest part of making a new character for myself is just committing to playing him or her. I've made DOZENS of presets across every vanilla race and many more with add on races and they all look cool. But actually coming up with a character concept or some kind of plot outline, e.g. "This time I'm going to go Stormcloak and try out being a vampire," or "I'm going to go hard line Vigilant of Stendarr and stamp out every vampire, daedra, and werewolf I see, including the Circle," is tough. I like to actually play the game, not just make a character and take screenshots of them, so I tend to overthink how I'm going to play each time.

The nice thing with all of the mods is that creating a backstory is easy. My recipe : take a distinctive house mod. I like to RP that I inherited the house from a family member (also the reason to travel to Skyrim in the first place) and from there you can build the backstory. e.g. if I am Imperial race I play against Stormcloak etc.

The most difficult part for me besides deciding on which race to play as, is refining the looks of the characters which, when revisiting my two preferred races due to mod variety and character interactions(Khajiit and Nord), are reiterated in an attempt to get their looks closer to what I envisioned the character to look like in my head, something which is helped out with the release of new mods or updates to older character editing mods.

Thanks to Bodyslide 2,I don't even have to settle for any of the predefined bodies (well,when not wearing clothing or armor,anyway).

I always have to sift through long lists of possible names for the characters to begin with(all variations on a theme),so it is easy enough to just go with the next name on the mental list then move on.

Archived