Lol @ Nexus

So I randomly browsed the forums and someone was asking for help modding their skyrim, a pirated skyrim, and the moron's on the forum along with the moderator were telling them that mod's DO NOT ACTUALLY EVEN WORK ON PIRATED GAMES.

I laughed at this a lot more than I probably should have.

Just say "We don't support pirating here", don't make up a damn lie lol.

If someone wants to confirm, go for it, but I'm like 99.666% sure that any game can run any mod whether it's a legit or a pirate version since they're still the same damn game. >.>

Most bug reports I've seen wind down to either a bug in the mod, a conflict with another mod, or the player's failure to follow instructions. There have been a few however that couldn't be explained at all. It often transpires that these people ran pirated games, so as a result if this happens I stop helping, because you're wasting my time with a problem of your own making. Especially mods that rely on script extenders or anything else that hooks into the original exe can have trouble because they're not hooking into the right exe. It doesn't affect your ability to use texture or body replacers, weapon mods etc, so saying "no mods at all" is a stretch, but there really is something to it.

Especially mods that rely on script extenders or anything else that hooks into the original exe

Why would that be necessary that a script hooks into the game exe? Just being curious.

Script extenders are usually unsigned .DLL's that contain proxy libraries that draw information and modify the existing game functions.

Stuff like SKSE/NVSE/ENB are examples of this.

Modifying or using an improper 'crack' on game executables can directly interfere with these extenders being able to "hook" into the correct memory addresses and load their proxy libraries etc...