So scripts lose their variables when moved?

Halstrom

If I have a script in a bottle of beer containing a variable telling how much beer is in the bottle like

if iDoOnce < 1

Set iDoOnce to 1

Set iBeer to 100

endif

and the script adjusts the int as hslf the beer is drunk, then I pass the bottle to a NPC, does it reset to 100?

I wager that as soon as you pass that bottle, it's no longer "that" bottle. In inventory they're this sort of half-refs (ie weapons & armor can have damage), in-world if moved from an inventory they're a dynamic ref (0x etc formid) and if geck-placed they're real refs. Passing that bottle is bound to change the state of something one way or another and probably cause an alternate instance of the effect script to start (or not, who knows).

Yeah, I'm pretty certain I get away with the GrowthTime variables not reseting in ARMOR pregnancy eggs and babies in most occasions of picking them up, passing to NPC's and putting them in boxes etc.

Maybe ARMOR are different to MISC since they remember health.

Archived