Skyrim Modding Guide

I haven't used HDT/Havoc enough to know what that might be, I'm just using the patch uglykidcid posted in this topic and they work well.

Also I'm working with Bijin Warmaidens author now to make a patch that will update the UNP version to UNPB as well as put various muscle maps on the girls (tigersan on Utgerdt, Battle Hardened on Lydia, Sporty Sexy on Mjoll) as well as make a updated USKP, and USKP + Requiem patch. Just waiting to hear from the owners of the various muscle maps I want to use for permission.

EDIT: Clarification, if I get permission for that specific body I want to use both Bijin Warmaidens and Seranaholic will be set up for Sexlab preganancy so you can get children with your chosen Warmaiden, be it a dhampir with Serana or a puppy with Aela.

While at it I'm going to do my best in solving Aela's issue with turning invisible as a werewolf. No promises at all, far more experienced folks than me have tried and failed, and there's a very good chance she'll even end up looking different than Bijin to make it happen (I think it has something to do with the custom textures used, no idea, I want to try to get rid of custom textures/body and use default).

Bijin is really awesome for the face and hair, but the textures and meshes they use for the bodies are lacking.   when replaced with much better options the results are damn amazing.

attachicon.gifAela_CBBEFitness.jpgattachicon.gifLydia_CBBEFitness.jpg

These are with CBBE meshes and textures along with CBBE Fitness body and Sporty Sexy sweat.   Since each npc is in their own folder you can choose what you want to replace.   For example the new file they put out, Bijin Wives, none of them will get the fitness body as they are all town folk.  Fixed up they are very sexy indeed.

can i ask.. how i can use sporty sweat mod on all my bijin character... ?? it just female npc using it except bijin..  :angel:

Open up Data/textures/actors/Character/ and then each mod (Serana, Bijin Warmaidens etc) have separate folders. Note that while Serana, Valerica, Chaconne as Elisif and any other uniques you use will use separate character-name folders, actual Bijin Warmaidens and NPCs will all (as far as I know) use Bijin NPCs, Bijin Warmaidens and Bijin Wives folders for their BODY (the name folders just have their face and hair), each of these mods have every girl in them use one of these three textures. Now if you already have installed Sexy Sporty Sweat already go to textures/actors/character/female/ and look for femalebody_1_s.dds, femalehands_1_s.dds, and femalehead_s.dds and copy them, these are the "specular maps" which are different from the regular texture, specular applies things like shine or goosebumps. Paste them into the Bijin folders you want to add to.

Note that if you have installed a muscle map like Sporty Sexy Map and want to give it to some of the characters (Warmaidens probably) also copy femalebody_1_msn.dds, femalehands_1_msn.dds, and femalehead_msn.dds and paste them into the folders where you want that. You can find a lot more muscle maps to pick and choose from here under options, I tend to give the base map of that mod to most girls and Serana, Sporty Sexy to Aela and Lydia and a heavier muscle map to Mjoll, Frea and the two orcs. This looks better with a more shapely body of course, like sevenbase.

If you want to give the girls entirely new bodies also it's the same procedure as above but the folders are under Meshes/Actors/character instead, copy the meshes out of Character Assets, specifically femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif and paste where you want them. You could even if you wish really customize them like this, and have the orcs use hentai body, housecarls sevenbase body and ysolda and Serana UNPSlim bodies for example, but in that case you need clothes fitting those extra bodies installed as well (as you are what you wear in Skyrim, put a Hentai body dress on a UNPSlim Ysolda and she now has a Hentai body while wearing that dress).

Note if you are using Mod Organizer obviously these files will be under their MO folders as normal, not in Data. Or they should at least if you installed it correctly. Also note that if you are using All in One animated pussy (which as of the current build doesn't really work on most of these due to the Bijin mods having been extensively altered since AiO's last version, but will with the new version when that comes) you might overwrite things accidentally. If so reinstall that mod and overwrite if you notice it ingame.

Attached is a file called Bijin Sporty Sexy Sweat, it will apply the sweat from that mod to Bijin Warmaidens, Bijin Wives and Bijin NPCs, Serana, Valerica (available as optional files under Seranaholic) and Elisif (available under optional files of Chaconne mod) and separate versions of Aela (available on Bijin Warmaidens optional) and older versions of Frea and Iona if you prefer them (available from Bijin All in One mod page). Note that if you are missing any of these characters (like because you prefer the most up to date versions of Aela, Frea and Iona and have another replacer for Elisif) this mod will still work fine for you with no negative impact on your game (just your storage space as you'll have up to ~140 MB useless files, no I'm not making a fomod or separate versions, manually delete them if you are worried about space that much). This mod works fine with All in One Animated Pussy, so just overwrite that, pussy should still work fine on the affected characters.

If wished I can provide files that add muscles and replace bodies also, and/or a merged file of my own merging all of these mods (three bijin, serana+valerica+elisif, and optional appearances mentioned above). Just the ESP though meaning you still need the meshes and textures, and it's going to require both the unoffical patch, Immersive Weapons and Immersive College of Winterhold as that's what I use in my games and these have to be patched in if so.

Bijin Sporty Sexy Sweat.rar

I haven't used HDT/Havoc enough to know what that might be, I'm just using the patch uglykidcid posted in this topic and they work well.

Also I'm working with Bijin Warmaidens author now to make a patch that will update the UNP version to UNPB as well as put various muscle maps on the girls (tigersan on Utgerdt, Battle Hardened on Lydia, Sporty Sexy on Mjoll) as well as make a updated USKP, and USKP + Requiem patch. Just waiting to hear from the owners of the various muscle maps I want to use for permission.

EDIT: Clarification, if I get permission for that specific body I want to use both Bijin Warmaidens and Seranaholic will be set up for Sexlab preganancy so you can get children with your chosen Warmaiden, be it a dhampir with Serana or a puppy with Aela.

While at it I'm going to do my best in solving Aela's issue with turning invisible as a werewolf. No promises at all, far more experienced folks than me have tried and failed, and there's a very good chance she'll even end up looking different than Bijin to make it happen (I think it has something to do with the custom textures used, no idea, I want to try to get rid of custom textures/body and use default).

Bijin is really awesome for the face and hair, but the textures and meshes they use for the bodies are lacking.   when replaced with much better options the results are damn amazing.

attachicon.gifAela_CBBEFitness.jpgattachicon.gifLydia_CBBEFitness.jpg

These are with CBBE meshes and textures along with CBBE Fitness body and Sporty Sexy sweat.   Since each npc is in their own folder you can choose what you want to replace.   For example the new file they put out, Bijin Wives, none of them will get the fitness body as they are all town folk.  Fixed up they are very sexy indeed.

can i ask.. how i can use sporty sweat mod on all my bijin character... ?? it just female npc using it except bijin..  :angel:

Open up Data/textures/actors/Character/ and then each mod (Serana, Bijin Warmaidens etc) have separate folders. Note that while Serana, Valerica, Chaconne as Elisif and any other uniques you use will use separate character-name folders, actual Bijin Warmaidens and NPCs will all (as far as I know) use Bijin NPCs, Bijin Warmaidens and Bijin Wives folders for their BODY (the name folders just have their face and hair), each of these mods have every girl in them use one of these three textures. Now if you already have installed Sexy Sporty Sweat already go to textures/actors/character/female/ and look for femalebody_1_s.dds, femalehands_1_s.dds, and femalehead_s.dds and copy them, these are the "specular maps" which are different from the regular texture, specular applies things like shine or goosebumps. Paste them into the Bijin folders you want to add to.

Note that if you have installed a muscle map like Sporty Sexy Map and want to give it to some of the characters (Warmaidens probably) also copy femalebody_1_msn.dds, femalehands_1_msn.dds, and femalehead_msn.dds and paste them into the folders where you want that. You can find a lot more muscle maps to pick and choose from here under options, I tend to give the base map of that mod to most girls and Serana, Sporty Sexy to Aela and Lydia and a heavier muscle map to Mjoll, Frea and the two orcs. This looks better with a more shapely body of course, like sevenbase.

If you want to give the girls entirely new bodies also it's the same procedure as above but the folders are under Meshes/Actors/character instead, copy the meshes out of Character Assets, specifically femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif and paste where you want them. You could even if you wish really customize them like this, and have the orcs use hentai body, housecarls sevenbase body and ysolda and Serana UNPSlim bodies for example, but in that case you need clothes fitting those extra bodies installed as well (as you are what you wear in Skyrim, put a Hentai body dress on a UNPSlim Ysolda and she now has a Hentai body while wearing that dress).

Note if you are using Mod Organizer obviously these files will be under their MO folders as normal, not in Data. Or they should at least if you installed it correctly. Also note that if you are using All in One animated pussy (which as of the current build doesn't really work on most of these due to the Bijin mods having been extensively altered since AiO's last version, but will with the new version when that comes) you might overwrite things accidentally. If so reinstall that mod and overwrite if you notice it ingame.

ahh thank you very much.. i replace that 3 file in bijin folder and it work :)

For those not in the know, the limit with Windows 10 and VideoMemory for DX9 games is getting fixed soon, seems a developer from Windows started modding his games and ran into the problem himself. There's already an Insider version of Windows available with the fix implemented, where Win 10 can use as much videomemory as Win 7 could, and it will presumably be in a public release fairly soon!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/81749-windows-10-dx9-vram-allocation-fix-incoming/

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6k58mf/dx9_4gb_memory_issue_should_be_fixed_in_new/

Heyho,

I've released a starter guide for LL mods recently:

LoversLab Modding for Dummies

For all younglings: it would be nice if you try to work with it and tell me, if you don't understand something.

For all seniors: maybe you could look for errors in the content, like wrong explanations/outdated mods ...

For native English speakers: same as above, just for the language, as I'm not one of you ;)

Is there a way to change an NPC's original outfit/inventory with TESV Edit? Still learning CK and I'm aware you can do it there, but I feel like it'd be simpler to just do it through xEdit. Either way, what's the best way to do it?

Is there a way to change an NPC's original outfit/inventory with TESV Edit? Still learning CK and I'm aware you can do it there, but I feel like it'd be simpler to just do it through xEdit. Either way, what's the best way to do it?

Sure, but it might be complicated. Outfit alterations can be a bit complicated, I haven't bothered too much with them, but you would need to edit the outfit itself rahter than the NPC's inventory, the outfit usually is a set of items like a mage robe, mage boots and misc mage loot all drawn from your level lists for that. If you take Ysolda for example her inventory items are just her key, an iron dagger and a "loot common citizen" which draws from the leveled list (mostly for pickpocket as Ysolda is essential even unmodded game). Much further down on the NPC record she also wears "FarmClothesOutfit04" which when you look it up in the "Outfit" tab of main Skyrim.esm you find it to be ClothesFarmClothes04 and ClothesFarmBoots04. If you changed her outfit to NocturnalOutfit [OTFT:00052B5F] she would instead start with Nocturnal's dress. Removing her outfit would make her naked, I don't think you could just place items directly in her inventory and have her use them, most likely you would have to edit the outfit itself, which would most likely mean creating a unique outfit for each NPC you want to change like Nocturnal has. Also be aware that a lot of mods change what NPCs wear (for cloth outfits Clothes and Clutter Fixes, for armor changes Weapon and Armor Fixes, other mods might change the record directly also, while othes like Immersive Armors just injects the armors via script and outright ignores whatever the plugins say they should wear, giving Ulfric a Stormlord armor even if you have a unique outfit for him) and if you are using NPC beautification you will of course have to edit those (Bijin Wives in the case of Ysolda for example).

you would need to edit the outfit itself rahter than the NPC's inventory

that would edit all npcs that use the edited outfit

there's 3 things

- worn armor (have priority over the race skinnakedarmor texture, it's that for custom textures)

- inventory (one item)

- outfit (more than one item)

to give a npc full elven armor, or full glass armor, or full thalmor armor (and not a random mashup of whatever was pick)

170806040951279664.jpg

you would need to edit the outfit itself rahter than the NPC's inventory

that would edit all npcs that use the edited outfit

there's 3 things

- worn armor (have priority over the race skinnakedarmor texture, it's that for custom textures)

- inventory (one item)

- outfit (more than one item)

to give a npc full elven armor, or full glass armor, or full thalmor armor (and not a random mashup of whatever was pick)

170806040951279664.jpg

I already said as much. You would need to edit the base oufit, and likely create a unique outfit set.

• 3 months later...

A few days ago, my game was incredibly unstable, and unsavable, with very few exceptions. Papyrus was not showing any serious conflicts or errors, especially, no indication at the end of the log as to why it was either CTD or completely freezing the game, the screen, and everything else short of "CTRL + ALT + Delete". I could start a new game, or even load a save I made in "Abandoned Prison" via "Live Another Life". Generally, depending on where I tried to go, how fast I moved, or if I look around/change my view too quickly, it would either freeze or CTD anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes into any game. So I suspected that it may have been more a case of system stress, RAM issues, or graphics processing issues, rather than any scripts or mod errors. 

Then I stumbled on the information in one of the first few posts of this topic, in particular, the one that suggested creating a skse.ini file with the following values:

On 2/10/2015 at 1:10 AM, Sacremas said:

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Memory]

defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024

scrapHeapSizeMB=384

After doing so, I was able to play for hours without a crash, and even though some saves would still fail or CTD, or simply sit on the loading screen indefinitely, it happens far less and more than 80% of my saves load up and play just fine. 

So now I am wondering if perhaps there are any other skse.ini values that I could possibly try that might improve stability just a little more. Would anybody happen to know?

I just recently upgraded my graphics card from a GTX 560 to a GTX 1060. While I can now use much fancier ENBs I still really like Clarity ENB, and wish to use it as my default, until I find something I like better.

The thing is Windows 10 broke Clarity; When you go underwater the screen goes blank, with only your HUD elements showing up.

I've both read and been told that by installing the June 2010 version of DirectX would fix this.

here's my problem; 

-After downloading the file

-Making a folder to extract the contents into

-Then running the DXSETUP.exe

I get a message that an internal system error occurred.

I look at the DXError.log in the windows folder and it says;

module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2056, function: ExecuteInf

Failed API:        SetupInstallFromInfSection()
    Error:        (123) - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Unable to install (file path stuff) The file may be damaged.

I wish to know how to either get the older directX installed, or fix Clarity some other way.

On 1.12.2017 at 5:07 PM, ChaosZen said:

A few days ago, my game was incredibly unstable, and unsavable, with very few exceptions. Papyrus was not showing any serious conflicts or errors, especially, no indication at the end of the log as to why it was either CTD or completely freezing the game, the screen, and everything else short of "CTRL + ALT + Delete". I could start a new game, or even load a save I made in "Abandoned Prison" via "Live Another Life". Generally, depending on where I tried to go, how fast I moved, or if I look around/change my view too quickly, it would either freeze or CTD anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes into any game. So I suspected that it may have been more a case of system stress, RAM issues, or graphics processing issues, rather than any scripts or mod errors. 

Then I stumbled on the information in one of the first few posts of this topic, in particular, the one that suggested creating a skse.ini file with the following values:

After doing so, I was able to play for hours without a crash, and even though some saves would still fail or CTD, or simply sit on the loading screen indefinitely, it happens far less and more than 80% of my saves load up and play just fine. 

So now I am wondering if perhaps there are any other skse.ini values that I could possibly try that might improve stability just a little more. Would anybody happen to know?

Good it helped you with your issue. No, sorry, those are the only functions that can be added to the SKSE.ini as far as I know. I believe that there's a few other functions but they are more for modders than they are for users.

Rather what you should be looking at instead is Crash Fixes as well as the other mods of the same author, meh321 (who is also a contributor to the base PapyrusUtil system that both Sexlab and other mods like Campfire is based on). The Crash Fixes mod has an ini of it's own with explanations in the ini itself for what each function does, as much as it's possible to explain (some have vague explanations because even after all these years the inner workings of Skyrim still can be a arcane beast even to pro scripters). Note that by default Crash Fixes can do the same stuff that the SKSE.ini does, but to a lesser level, it won't give quite the same leeway as my quoted settings in terms of heap and trash MB memory. One of the ini edits (I can't say which because I don't have it installed now) is specifically if you are using SKSE.ini also to disable Crash Fixes handling of that, and it's recommended by the author that you actually do so and then let Crash Fixes do the rest of it. Another SKSE plugin you might want to look at is Load Game CTD Fix which helps with some of the problems that can come with loading a more advanced save, especially after a CTD rather than a save and quit.

@Gorgon_Zola

Sorry, I can't really help you there, I ran into something similar a while back and I just ended up changing my ENB instead. I do have installed an older DirectX but I don't know how much of that has been replaced in turn by AutoUpdate at this point in my system. I did not have any issues installing the DirectX as far as I can recall, but this was over a year ago so I can't say for certain, nor can I say where I got it from due to how long it's been and I don't recall... but I think it was just from some very simple casual google searching, so likely I used the same files you found, and so I don't know why it didnt' work for you. Sorry again, maybe someone else can help.

(I initially @ed this to "gorgonzola" originally, sorry if you get a notification dude, not intentional! In the words of Peter Quil " Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know how this machine works...")

Please note that I deleted my Skyrim install a few days ago from kinda having burned out on the game, and as I'm not playing it anymore nor intends to do so for at least a year (at which point I will be playing Skyrim SE only) I won't be by LL much at all most likely, I'll try checking by once per month but can't really promise that either, unless I start playing LL-modded New Vegas or the like instead (current plan is Final Fantasy 15, then probably Witcher 3).

On 12/2/2017 at 6:38 PM, Sacremas said:

Good it helped you with your issue. No, sorry, those are the only functions that can be added to the SKSE.ini as far as I know. I believe that there's a few other functions but they are more for modders than they are for users.

Rather what you should be looking at instead is Crash Fixes as well as the other mods of the same author, meh321 (who is also a contributor to the base PapyrusUtil system that both Sexlab and other mods like Campfire is based on). The Crash Fixes mod has an ini of it's own with explanations in the ini itself for what each function does, as much as it's possible to explain (some have vague explanations because even after all these years the inner workings of Skyrim still can be a arcane beast even to pro scripters). Note that by default Crash Fixes can do the same stuff that the SKSE.ini does, but to a lesser level, it won't give quite the same leeway as my quoted settings in terms of heap and trash MB memory. One of the ini edits (I can't say which because I don't have it installed now) is specifically if you are using SKSE.ini also to disable Crash Fixes handling of that, and it's recommended by the author that you actually do so and then let Crash Fixes do the rest of it. Another SKSE plugin you might want to look at is Load Game CTD Fix which helps with some of the problems that can come with loading a more advanced save, especially after a CTD rather than a save and quit.

@Gorgon_Zola

Sorry, I can't really help you there, I ran into something similar a while back and I just ended up changing my ENB instead. I do have installed an older DirectX but I don't know how much of that has been replaced in turn by AutoUpdate at this point in my system. I did not have any issues installing the DirectX as far as I can recall, but this was over a year ago so I can't say for certain, nor can I say where I got it from due to how long it's been and I don't recall... but I think it was just from some very simple casual google searching, so likely I used the same files you found, and so I don't know why it didnt' work for you. Sorry again, maybe someone else can help.

(I initially @ed this to "gorgonzola" originally, sorry if you get a notification dude, not intentional! In the words of Peter Quil " Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know how this machine works...")

Please note that I deleted my Skyrim install a few days ago from kinda having burned out on the game, and as I'm not playing it anymore nor intends to do so for at least a year (at which point I will be playing Skyrim SE only) I won't be by LL much at all most likely, I'll try checking by once per month but can't really promise that either, unless I start playing LL-modded New Vegas or the like instead (current plan is Final Fantasy 15, then probably Witcher 3).

Thanks for the reply, and don't worry, I was actually able to fix this!

I've been trying out all kinds of ENB presets, and as I was reading the instructions and comments on Project ENB, I came across a user who said that to fix the windows 10\sweetfx problems all you had to do was  rename the dxdi.dll file to d3d11.dll! It should be in the same location as the d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe files.

On 7.12.2017 at 6:09 PM, Nickolos1818 said:

If your running Windows 10 they just had an update yesterday I think it was.  If you have auto updates on make sure to reinstall the latest video driver for your card again.  Stupid update reverted mine for some reason.

On the bright side once you have done the update make sure to run the ENB VRAM Sizetest, there's a chance that it's going to show significantly improved numbers compared to pre-patch. The DirectX issue that prevents older DX games like Skyrim from taking full advantage of RAM and VRAM like ENBs do should be solved any day soon, due to an employee at Microsoft that started modding Skyrim and ran into the exact same issue we've been struggling with on that front.

16 hours ago, Gorgon_Zola said:

Thanks for the reply, and don't worry, I was actually able to fix this!

I've been trying out all kinds of ENB presets, and as I was reading the instructions and comments on Project ENB, I came across a user who said that to fix the windows 10\sweetfx problems all you had to do was  rename the dxdi.dll file to d3d11.dll! It should be in the same location as the d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe files.

I have actually done this in the past with another enb (Kinematic ENB), I just forgot about it. Glad it worked out.

Just to let you know, my DX9 (Oldrim, New Vegas, etc) VramSizeTest check before the update was around 4 GB, now it's 12,3 GB. So that suddenly means a lot more memory to throw around for ENB and good visuals since Win10 first came along. Feel free to update your ENBlolcal.inis accordingly once you find yours.

On 12/9/2017 at 9:51 PM, Sacremas said:

Just to let you know, my DX9 (Oldrim, New Vegas, etc) VramSizeTest check before the update was around 4 GB, now it's 12,3 GB. So that suddenly means a lot more memory to throw around for ENB and good visuals since Win10 first came along. Feel free to update your ENBlolcal.inis accordingly once you find yours.

That's good to hear. I just checked mine and it gave me like 19350 or something. Applying the over 8GB formula gives me 8672, which is over double what I had available before. Can't wait to see the improvements.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been asked before, but let's say that I have ten or so mods that I want to add.  Can I install them all at once (in a logical order), and then load up the save and let them all activate and register in the MCM?  Or should I install them gradually, two or three at a time, and let things settle in and make a new save before adding more?  Assume, for this question, that the mods all play as nicely together as mods can be expected to (e.g. Framework, ZAZ, Aroused, SOS, SLAL, and the DD trio).  Thanks!

Also, do you still recommend v. 1.2.18 of MO, as stated in the OP?

You should always try to install all your mods at the same time even if you are installing 200 of them at the same time, you CAN install them gradually as you play (Gopher does this for example in his playthroughs) but it's not recommended and the mod's changes may not be input into your game. If you find yourself wanting to install a new mod later on the safest method of doing so is heading to an interior (alone or only with NPCs not affected by whatever you are installing) quit the game, install the mod, load the game, wait for 30 in-game days (this lets all the cells and level lists reset themselves), save your game, quit, load the save you just made and then play. You can just plop it in and hope for the best of course but this is the safest method, other than installing all of them at once.

For Mod Organizer use the newest version available of v1, Mod Organizer 2 is for 64 bit games only, and it's very buggy, so then that's version 1.3.11 from it's Nexus page. I'm going to just go update the front page of this thread to say as much now since that's the last version of MO1 ever.

Note that when Vortex comes out properly you should probably switch to that once it's out of it's alpha or beta stage, it's the new Nexus Mod Manager made by Tannin, currently entering into alpha trials. Don't switch to it in game though, only on a brand new game.

One caveat is that sometimes mods can fail to work if they are installed all at once. I know of one at least that has a high chance of failure if I don't instlal it after; Gopher's Predator Vision mod. I usually install it with the others, then deactivate the ESP, go in game and make my character in the live another life cell, save once all the mods are loaded into the MCM, quit, and then activate Predator Vision and go inside. If I don't do it like this then PV has a very high chance of not working, it'll play the sound as you hit the hotkey or use the power, but won't actually change the visuals as it should, where it works guaranteed if activated after. This doesn't happen all the time however, so I'm guessing it's a mod conflict I've never found. If you run into other mods that seem to fail the same fashion, try doing the same then.

For Fallout 4 if you start modding that, it's actually safest to install only the character specific mods, texture mods and larger framework mods first, then go in game and do the whole intro sequence until you have left the vault, then quit, install the rest of your mods and continue playing. The reason for this is that there's a reset script that activates a lot of stuff like the timescale only when you leave the vault and enter the game proper, most likely to ensure the whole pre-war sequence goes down flawless, and this CAN cause mods installed before exiting the vault to fail. Most likely they did this from experience in Skyrim and the good old carriage ride failing over and over again for so many, as this is not a thing in Skyrim; all your mods activate as soon as you get in game, which if you are not using an alternate start means as soon as you are in that scripted carriage ride, which is of course half the reason that often goes so badly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Sacremas was absent  for long time from Skyrim after my HDD got damaged which had all the Steam installations the only backup survived was the Skyrim folder in a separate hdd and finally acquiring a new pc I will try to install again from the beginning Skyrim. So if it is possible a small help about the installation order would be appreciated. If I remember well Steam and all it's files are installed not on C: but in another hdd after follows the installation of the helpful programs Wrye Bash, Boss, Loot e.t.c. << is this correct ?

On 2.2.2018 at 6:08 PM, LidiaSun said:

Hello Sacremas was absent  for long time from Skyrim after my HDD got damaged which had all the Steam installations the only backup survived was the Skyrim folder in a separate hdd and finally acquiring a new pc I will try to install again from the beginning Skyrim. So if it is possible a small help about the installation order would be appreciated. If I remember well Steam and all it's files are installed not on C: but in another hdd after follows the installation of the helpful programs Wrye Bash, Boss, Loot e.t.c. << is this correct ?

Sorry about not getting back to you, I don't use any LL mods right now (playing Fallout 4, and Four-Play is still too much in its infancy for me to bother). It's best if you put your whole Steam install in some other folder but the Program Files folder because a number of programs like your mod manager, Wrye Bash, xEdit and interject programs need to be able to actively modify those files, and Windows is by default a bit cranky about allowing non-licenced programs free reign at your program files folder, as all of these behave not too unlike how certain viruses work in replacing and modifying files. I have it on a separate Games SSD disc, but if you just place it anywhere but in the program files (or your local equivalent, for Norway it's "programfiler") then it should be fine.