Best cities & town overhaul in your opinion?

Bloodfang

I'm looking for something not too unfriendly to the lore, but that could give the cities & little towns a fresh overhaul, I was going to use JK Skyrim but I think there are mods that make cities more beautiful.

I'm also afraid of the NPCs being stuck in new objects such as trees lol ^^

I use Dawn of Skyrim too.  :) It's beautiful and makes the cities feel lived in. For Markarth I add SkyCity to DoS, which is completely compatible and makes Markarth look amazing.

For the towns I use Better Town Textures, which doesn't add buildings or anything, but gives the town a unique look by changing the way the existing buildings textures, inside and out. You know how all the buildings in the towns are Whiterun buildings? Well, this makes Falkreath stone and Dawnstar log with wood slats. I really love it and couldn't play without it now. :) There's also Better Mill Textures by the same author that fixes the windmills to fit the area. It's just a plugin, though. No textures. So the texture packs you use will influence the final look a bit.  

I always end up with http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/3562725/?tb=mods&pUp=1it's heavy but yea. I believe there is a package that im using atm wich contains all cities and towns but it got taken down i guess so google abit for this series. 

And i just use the flora overhaul mods along the skyrim hd textures so everything stays original in style but just better. Sofar i havent seen npc's bugging out yet.

Have to agree with (most of) the others - Dawn of Skyrim is pretty nice.  I also use the "Sexy" series as well (Sexy Whiterun, Sexy Riften, etc) to improve the look (they are compatible).  Are you looking for villages as well?  I've been happy with ETAC (Expanded Towns and Cities).   It complements DoS quite well as they handle separate areas (DoS covers the 5 large cities, ETAC covers the 3 smaller ones and several villages).

Archived