Skeletons? (nif -- not draugr)

sen4mi

One of the classic bits of advice, of course, is to follow the instructions on a mod, so you install it right.

Sadly, this is often a confusing process involving contradictory advice with little to no supporting reasoning to help people make informed decisions. Because people, I suppose.

So, anyways, one of the issues you might want to deal with is choosing the proper "biped animation skeleton".

Zaz has this to say:

Highly Reccomended

Custom Skeleton Replacers by Skulltyrant (Perfect 3-2 Variants/ Maybe other Variants as well)
OR
The skeleton of female models By Ning (Perfect 3-2)

Sexlab has this to say:

A BBP enabled skeleton is also useful, as many of the animations include BBP support, though it is optional it is STRONGLY recommended. I'd suggest XP32's Maximum Skeleton.

And, I have also stumbled over hints that some people in the CBBE community recommend avoiding skeleton replacers (apparently because CBBE slider tools do not support them).

So, great, "follow instructions". Except the instructions make conflicting recommendations.

Um...

I hope you can see where I am going with this?

We have problems?

I would ask for advice, but that's not really what I need. What I need, I  think, is insights from people who have spent time working with multiple skeletons (in game, and/or in tools), and for them [possibly you?] to help understand what works and what does not work AND something about what "works" means (because maybe with different mods or desired game characteristics the answers will be completely different).

Or maybe I need something else?

This whole issue intimidates me.

help?

Do you use Racemenu 3, Body Slide 2, or HDT physics (SKSE plugin) for your skyrim game play... do you plan on using any or all of them in the future?

If yes to any of that then:

XPMSE by Groovtama

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

Groov took the XPMS skeleton, cleaned it up, added in HDT PE, BBP, TBBP, and some other bones (3d labia bones, and UN7B labia bones, RM Scaling bones, etc etc)...

And tossed out the idea that you need 20 to 120 types of the same skeleton for different weapon mount locations (Just pick a weapon style and have the weapon mount where you want it).

You would be hard pressed to find a skeleton that can compare to it...

Just remember to read the install instructions (and do not let other mods over write the skeleton when you add stuff later on).

Archived