How to fuse 2 different hairstyles

karu619

Without "actual" editing in a 3d modeling program, there isn't much you can do.

You can, however, open your two hairstyles in Nifskope and select one of them, copy branch and paste branch to the other. I haven't done this myself but I know from some people that it works with armor/clothing meshes, and it should technically also work with hairstyles, as long as they are skinned to the same bones.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please

You can, however, open your two hairstyles in Nifskope and select one of them, copy branch and paste branch to the other. I haven't done this myself but I know from some people that it works with armor/clothing meshes, and it should technically also work with hairstyles, as long as they are skinned to the same bones.

For some reason that doesn't work with hairs. You can only have 1 mesh in each hair nif.  Well, technically you can have a ton, but only one will show on your character

For some reason that doesn't work with hairs. You can only have 1 mesh in each hair nif. Well, technically you can have a ton, but only one will show on your character

True but you can add extra part in the CK so u could combine 2 hairmeshes that way

Yes, you must add extra parts in the CK, just as you would add armor addon records to a cuirass that includes sleeves, pants, etc.  This is how Apachii does it with the hairs that include braids - they are a separate mesh.  It will still look foolish, however, as it will be obvious that two independently-textured meshes are clipping with one another.

For some reason that doesn't work with hairs. You can only have 1 mesh in each hair nif. Well, technically you can have a ton, but only one will show on your character

True but you can add extra part in the CK so u could combine 2 hairmeshes that way

How do i do that? To be honest I dont know what CK is.

Yes, you must add extra parts in the CK, just as you would add armor addon records to a cuirass that includes sleeves, pants, etc.  This is how Apachii does it with the hairs that include braids - they are a separate mesh.  It will still look foolish, however, as it will be obvious that two independently-textured meshes are clipping with one another.

So there's a mod which has like separate braid addons which you can choose to equip or unequip? Could you post a link please, maybe ill be able to find the look I'm trying to achieve using that.

The CK is the Creation Kit used to put things in the game ^-^

As for apachii's hair it does not add hair with equipable braids. Its just that if you want 2 hairmeshes to work together u will need to have a main file and add the other one to the "extra parts" box

What is it exactly what u want to?

As for apachii's hair it does not add hair with equipable braids. Its just that if you want 2 hairmeshes to work together u will need to have a main file and add the other one to the "extra parts" box

Well I actually wanted to add a fringe to a pulled back type hairstyle my character uses at the moment

So both of the hairstyles i want to fuse are already with me, how do i go about this, like what type of software should i be using. Would it be fairly easy since the models already exist?

U have to take in acount thgh that if the fringe is a full hairstyle that it will clip with the other hair aswel unless u edit the hairs in a 3d modelling program like 3dsmax or blender. But if u dont care about that u will just need to get the creation kit from Steam

U have to take in acount thgh that if the fringe is a full hairstyle that it will clip with the other hair aswel unless u edit the hairs in a 3d modelling program like 3dsmax or blender. But if u dont care about that u will just need to get the creation kit from Steam

I dont mind the clipping, my characters hair is black so it wont be that visible, so i just download it from steam and im good to go? My game is not the steam version, will that be a problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont mind the clipping, my characters hair is black so it wont be that visible, so i just download it from steam and im good to go? My game is not the steam version, will that be a problem?

I don't think you can get the CK without having the Steam version, or at least your game linked to Steam? Do you have a physical copy of Skyrim or...?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/8534-please-read-before-posting-here/

Archived