SpermSplash(Ex) rendering on face?

Finally got Lovers with PK this up and running with all the mods I want - truly some awesome ones out there, and this site is very awesome for collecting all the information too. :)

I've got one little mystery left for the moment though:

Using SpermSplashEx, the sperm renders fine all over body, armor, hair, floppy elvish ears.. everywhere except for the face.

Anyone know why or have any ideas what to try?

I'm using a setup pretty much from the guide; MBP, 117, XEO, HGEC, Base Package, Resource Pack and a number of plugins like Joburg, TrueCrime, etc, including SpermSplashEx.

My character is a Lop-ears Elf.

My full load order is a little intimidating, but anything in there I should watch for?

Any help would be much appreciated, facials are one of my kicks, so it's an unfortunate glitch.

Edit: If it helps, here's an example of what it looks like:

ScreenShot0.jpg

Edit 2:

I've been playing around with settings some more, still no luck. It doesn't seem to matter what race I pick, what hair I use or what scale I set. The really weird part is that during one of my tests, some bystanders got hosed down as well, and they displayed sperm on the face just fine.

I suspect something is up with my installed mods, because the neckline seam is a lot more pronounced than in most screenshots.

Never really tried using TESCS before, but got it downloaded, opened the xlovers data and found sperm splashes under misccelaneous/effectshaders. The edit menu for that is rather intimidating though, no clue what any of the settings mean, but it doesn't look like it's set as particle shader, just a membrane shader (whatever that means). I'd have to get more detailed instructions to mess around with these settings. Thanks for the input though.

Have you tried playing as a vanilla race and see if that works?  If it's only a problem with certain races then it's likely to be a .egm file error (or whatever those files are)...

.egm files are texture files if I'm remembering correctly...

Have you tried playing as a vanilla race and see if that works?  If it's only a problem with certain races then it's likely to be a .egm file error (or whatever those files are)...

Yes, I tried that, though the result was the same. That said, even vanilla races are pretty much replaced when using MBP and XEO, so it wasn't surprising. They look little like they used to, and have the same distinct seams. Thanks for the suggestion though.

i don't understand that either, I use MBP and XEO, and the sticky stuff goes all over my character...but I have custom made nif files for my character... the only thing that I can think of is the face is a separated nif file, and some mod you have running could be stopping it. I do not allow Xeo to use its skins on my character, or it control of the nif files My character use's. and I use my own textures. 

I would be suspect of XEO more than anything.

That sounds like it might be it.  The only other thing that comes to mind is that the follower double face bug is hitting your character and creating a kind of mask?  It doesn't seem very likely.

I've created a set of textures so we can test your shaders and try to see what's up.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cf9ik4j3st9bb38

Backup your "SpermSplash1.dds" and etc. textures in \oblivion\data\textures\effects\lovers\ and replace them with the ones in the archive.  Your character should turn completely white when the shader is applied.  Go ahead and take another screenshot and post it for us.

Thanks for the help, I will do that once I get home (at work now) and report back the results. :)

I also tried re-installing xeo (only got me the ugly vanilla body back) and moving it around the load order, but that didn't make any difference.

I don't suppose graphical settings can make any difference? I'm running ultra with HDR and edited the .ini to set bFaceGenTexturing=0 as instructed in XEO's readme (I didn't have that set at first, though toggling that didn't seem to make any visible difference).

I've created a set of textures so we can test your shaders and try to see what's up.

Your character should turn completely white when the shader is applied.  Go ahead and take another screenshot and post it for us.

I tried it out' date=' and mysteriously, my character did turn completely white.

[img']http://todain.net/Lurker/ScreenShot1.jpg[/img]

I'm not sure what this means, but it would seem the effect can apply to all of the character surface without issue. Yet, with the regular dds files, NPCs have splash in the face area but my character do not regardless of race, height, etc.

An NPC example (compare to my character on the right)

ScreenShot2.jpgScreenShot4.jpg

Is it possible the texture (or alpha mask or normal file or how it works) is flipped, rotated or otherwise transformed differently for my character, making a different area with lower sperm density render on my character's face? If so, how would I fix it?

Any other good ideas to how I may fix it or troubleshoot it further?

Thanks for the help so far :)

Guest Donkey

are you using any mod that changes your body type in-game , like set body ?? Maybe that is what is causing it, try resetting back to your regular body type and see of the effects is the same.

I wasn't using setbody earlier, I only recently added it since Tamago demanded it.

That said, the one common thing throughout my experiments have been using hgec body (though I think I had an experiment with the vanilla body that had the same result).

I'll try a few body types and see if it makes any difference.

Edit:

I've tried a variety of body types, and it seems to make no difference at all. I also tried bald to make sure the hair was not at fault, and same result.

My guess is that you have a mod that applies a glow or glossy effect retroactively on you face. (Though glossiness is usually controlled by the face texture alpha already...) When I was still using the Get Wet mod, which turns your character's face and skin wet and shiny when it rains, whenever she had sex outside in the rain, the sperm would immediately disappear as it was "washed away" by the rain effect applied to the skin. I would doublecheck if any of your mods applies some sort of effect to your face.

I'm not sure which mod would do that, it would almost have to be one of the race mods or body replacers. Also, the all white texture test showed that rendering on the face probably isn't the problem. My guess is the texture is somehow applied with different scaling/offset/rotation or just plain maps weird to the skin of my characters, but I have no clue why or how to fix it.

If it helps, here's my mods and load order. In addition to this, I've manually copied replacements like HGEC and textures for it a few times.

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
BreakUndies.esm
WhiteArmor.esm
x117race.esm
TamagoClub.esm
HiyokoClub.esm
LoversTamagoDresses.esp
TamagoNews.esp
TamagoShop.esp
TamagoTopic.esp
TamagoConfide.esp
TamagoSetBody.esp
LoversTamagoClub.esp
HiyokoGenerator.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
ChaseCameraMod.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
AAbuiesdaqun.esp
FF00_SA-LightArmor.esp
Hentai_Compilation.esp
MHSNKirin.esp
Slof's Boners! v5_DV.esp
White Leather Armor.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DarkLight Mithril Armor.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
Knights.esp
realistic-weapon-reach-mod.esp
LoversFSE.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp
LoversJoburg.esp
LoversBed.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversHelpRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversStopCombatEx.esp
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversHideMenus.esp
SetBody.esp
Magicka Regen x8.esp
mighty_bows_arrows_recovery.esp
mighty_bows_damage_bonus.esp
mighty_bows_sneak_dmg_bonus.esp
mighty_bows_improved_firerate.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
KT_CustomRaceFix.esp
mighty_bows_gravitation_mod.esp
More Magicka x7.esp
Sharpshooter's Bows and Arrows V.2.esp
LoversSoundVolumeDown.esp
LoversMB2.esp
LoversPower.esp
LoversContraception.esp
LoversBackup2.esp
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp
LoversJoburgNoDelay.esp
LoversRaperSGalgat.esp
0FLeatherSuit.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
xeoex.esp
LoversSpermSplashEx.esp

I'm not sure which mod would do that' date=' it would almost have to be one of the race mods or body replacers. Also, the all white texture test showed that rendering on the face probably isn't the problem. My guess is the texture is somehow applied with different scaling/offset/rotation or just plain maps weird to the skin of my characters, but I have no clue why or how to fix it.

If it helps, here's my mods and load order. In addition to this, I've manually copied replacements like HGEC and textures for it a few times.

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
BreakUndies.esm
WhiteArmor.esm
x117race.esm
TamagoClub.esm
HiyokoClub.esm
LoversTamagoDresses.esp
TamagoNews.esp
TamagoShop.esp
TamagoTopic.esp
TamagoConfide.esp
TamagoSetBody.esp
LoversTamagoClub.esp
HiyokoGenerator.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
ChaseCameraMod.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
AAbuiesdaqun.esp
FF00_SA-LightArmor.esp
Hentai_Compilation.esp
MHSNKirin.esp
Slof's Boners! v5_DV.esp
White Leather Armor.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DarkLight Mithril Armor.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
Knights.esp
realistic-weapon-reach-mod.esp
LoversFSE.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp
LoversJoburg.esp
LoversBed.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversHelpRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversStopCombatEx.esp
LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversHideMenus.esp
SetBody.esp
Magicka Regen x8.esp
mighty_bows_arrows_recovery.esp
mighty_bows_damage_bonus.esp
mighty_bows_sneak_dmg_bonus.esp
mighty_bows_improved_firerate.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
KT_CustomRaceFix.esp
mighty_bows_gravitation_mod.esp
More Magicka x7.esp
Sharpshooter's Bows and Arrows V.2.esp
LoversSoundVolumeDown.esp
LoversMB2.esp
LoversPower.esp
LoversContraception.esp
LoversBackup2.esp
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp
LoversJoburgNoDelay.esp
LoversRaperSGalgat.esp
0FLeatherSuit.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
xeoex.esp
LoversSpermSplashEx.esp

[/quote']

For starters, I'd advice you to put LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp and LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp at the bottom again.

They're supposed to be there. However, I have no idea, judging by your list, what mod would be the culprit, if any. (Although I'm not an expert on these kind of things)

Sooo... there is supposed to be stuff on the face too? :-[ Never had something showing and i thought this was just the way it was. I am using the highrez skintexture for HGEC. There is an oily version with that, perhaps that is causing the problem. Anyway, i was always a bit surprised there arent more spermeffects considering the big japanese modcommunity :). I hoped there would be a bit more variation and that it would actually make a difference if you got shagged once or a dozen times. The way tings are, after one encounter you look like after playing with two footballteams for a couple of hours (except the face, that is). Will start to look into this then.

Well, looking at the textures there's 4 stages of coverage, ranging from quite a bit to near bukkake levels. But my anecdotal experience is that nearly every climax a guy has is treated like 2-3 ejaculations (Tamago seems to think the same), so it maxes out pretty quickly.

It would be awesome with more stages and more variation of course, but for the moment I'll be happy to just get the facial part included :P

Ok' date=' I've uploaded two different options for you.  Try both and see if either works, and if so you can choose your favorite.

Lemme know how that turns out.

[/quote']

Ok, tried them now, and there is definite improvement here. Let me illustrate:

ScreenShot5.jpgScreenShot6.jpg

I'm curious now.. what software would I need to edit these dds files myself? The new ones are good, and I'm very grateful for the time you've spent helping me here. I just get the urge to tweak them a little to get it just perfect for me and my weird renderer ;D

#1 has brighter alpha and bigger stains, but #2 isn't so obviously mirrored on the axis of my nose and avoids rendering on the eyes :D

Edit:

Ah, should have googled some more. Found me the gimp plugin and I think I'm rolling now. Just got to figure out an easy way to generate the normal map from the edited sperm texture then 8)

Actually, I was going to go back and update them with normals and stuff once I was sure it worked for both of you.  Thanks for pointing out the thing with the flipped textures, I'll make sure to fix that while I'm at it.  I've always used photoshop for all of my stuff, what with the official dds plugin and normal map generator...  Anyway, I'll make a new version when I get home and reupload it, because I want better textures for that too.  ;)