How can I add more animations for creatures? they don't play in game...

Sorry for my English, I'm a chinese....

I have download some cool creatures' animations from The Daedra Sutra - Lovers with PK Animation Collection ....

here is the link:

(http://www.loverslab.com/topic/8232-the-daedra-sutra-lovers-with-pk-animation-collection/?hl=daedra+sutra)

For example, As some animation folder named 201 and 201.1 in Daedra Sutra's Collection.

It looks like that I can only choose one to cover the old animation, but this time I want both, so I rename all "201.1"'s stuff to 6201, like 6201_Motion.ini, 6201_DefMotionx0.kf and so on...

And edit 6201_Motion.ini change its umid so it will not conflict with 201's, and keep the xLoversPkrQuest.sposgroup is the same...

Last I edit xLoversCreature.ini : add 6201=100 for Baliwog just like bellow:

;===Baliwog==========================================================

set xLoversCreatureQuest.CreatureBaliWogposes to sv_Construct "201=100,6201=100,7201=100,501=100,502=100"

Then, I think it's done...

But when I get into the game, I can only see 201 has become the animation I want, but I can not play 6201 no matter how I change the animations....

Please help me out.....

Did I miss something? and how can I add more animations for creatures?

Baliwog has Animation numbers

201, 501, 502 and  number 503 is unused but in the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

6201 is not in the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

The number must be in the esp, only add to the xLoversCreature.ini does not work.

So rename the 201.1 Daedra Sutra ani to 503

the 4 Off kf files in data\meshes\creatures\Baliwog\IdleAnims\ani2 

the 4 Def kf files in data\meshes\characters\_male\idleanims\ani2 

the ini in data\ini

And we have a "How do I add animations?" thread

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/41403-how-do-i-add-animations/

there is a list with all used and free Animation numbers in the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp. post 4

The number must be in the esp, only add to the xLoversCreature.ini does not work.

the ini in data\ini

there is a list with all used and free Animation numbers in the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp. post 4

Thank you, looks like I must learn how to modify the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp ^_^

the ini in data\ini

Oh, by the way, do you know how to add these numbers in LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp? I have CS to open it, but don't know how to add it precisely... Is there a tutorial?

I do not know any tutorial.

You need CS with OBSE ( better CS extender )

how to open/use CS with OBSE  see  my yellow Link below.

But how can I explain it ?  ....open the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp  ,click Gameplay, click Idle Animations... , click the creature you want, if it is Baliwog expand the "xLoversIdleAmins201" tree, ....

Shit I don't know how to explain it.

It is time consuming.  You must fill out 6 "menu Windows" for the 4 Off Creatures animations and then in Characters\_male\Idleanims in xLoversIdleAnims also 6 "menu Windows" for the Def human animations.

Most things you can copy-paste and change only a few entries/numbers. One wrong entry and it don't work in game.

For one Animation 12 times nearly the same copy-paste stuff....after 3-4 animations you will be crazy and make mistakes.

Sorry can not explain it.

I do not know any tutorial.

You need CS with OBSE ( better CS extender )

how to open/use CS with OBSE  see  my yellow Link below.

But how can I explain it ?  ....open the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp  ,click Gameplay, click Idle Animations... , click the creature you want, if it is Baliwog expand the "xLoversIdleAmins201" tree, ....

Shit I don't know how to explain it.

It is time consuming.  You must fill out 6 "menu Windows" for the 4 Off Creatures animations and then in Characters\_male\Idleanims in xLoversIdleAnims also 6 "menu Windows" for the Def human animations.

Most things you can copy-paste and change only a few entries/numbers. One wrong entry and it don't work in game.

For one Animation 12 times nearly the same copy-paste stuff....after 3-4 animations you will be crazy and make mistakes.

Sorry can not explain it.

Oh, Thank you very much, I think you have show me the way, and I'll try to do it when I get home, thanks again~

Here is the guide for adding animations to the  LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp that the Wise and All Knowing WappyOne wrote (I used this guide to add a few animation slots and have confirmed it works):

Here's a walk-through that adds animation 603 to bear:

Gameplay->Idle Animations
Open tree Creatures\Bear\IdleAnims
Open tree xLoversIdleAnims202
RIght-click xLCAnims602, choose Insert Sibling. Name this node xLCAnims603
Click New in the lower middle to add a condition. Condition Function is GetItemCount. Function Parameters is xLoversPosM. Comparison ==. Value is 603.
- Got used to doing it by rote. For me GetItemCount is 5 pagedowns from the starting condition. xLoversPosM I tap End to take that box to last item, then one scrollbar pageup from there.
Right-click xLCAnims602, choose Insert Child. Name this node OffenceC603
New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversOff, ==, 1
Right-click OffenceC603, choose Insert Child. Name this node OffC603x00
New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversStageM, ==, 5
Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_OffMotionx0.kf into box.
Right-click OffC603x00, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node OffC603x01
New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversStageM, ==, 2
Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_OffMotionx1.kf into box.
Right-click OffC603x01, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node OffC603x02
New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversStageM, ==, 3
Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_OffMotionx2.kf into box.
Right-click OffC603x02, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node OffC603x03
New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversStageM, ==, 4
Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_OffMotionx3.kf into box.

Halfway done.  I do some error checking here by comparing each of the 6 new tree items to the previous existing ones. So in this case compare each 603 item to the 602 item, the only thing that should differ are the ID boxes 602->603, the value of xLoversPosM item in the top node 602->603, and the animation path in bottom 4 items 602_OffMotion -> 603_OffMotion.

Open tree Characters\_Male\Idleanims
Open tree xLoversIdleAnims
Right-click xLAnims701, choose Insert Sibling. Name this node xLAnims603
New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversPosM, ==, 603
Right-click xLAnims603, choose Insert Child. Name this node Defense603
New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversDef, ==, 1
Right-click Defense603, choose Insert Child. Name this node Def603x00
Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_DefMotionx0.kf into box.
Right-click DefC603x00, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node DefC603x01
Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_DefMotionx1.kf into box.
Right-click DefC603x01, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node DefC603x02
Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_DefMotionx2.kf into box.
Right-click DefC603x02, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node DefC603x03
Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_DefMotionx3.kf into box.

Another round of error-checking, comparing each of these 6 new items to existing 602.

And done, you've just added support for animation 603 to bear.

Did I mention it was tedious?

Oh, and that doesn't add it to the script, which is a simple manner.  And not even really necessary anymore since the preferred method would be to add it to the .ini via appending 603=100.

Here is the guide for adding animations to the  LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp that the Wise and All Knowing WappyOne wrote (I used this guide to add a few animation slots and have confirmed it works):

Here's a walk-through that adds animation 603 to bear:

Gameplay->Idle Animations

Open tree Creatures\Bear\IdleAnims

Open tree xLoversIdleAnims202

RIght-click xLCAnims602, choose Insert Sibling. Name this node xLCAnims603

Click New in the lower middle to add a condition. Condition Function is GetItemCount. Function Parameters is xLoversPosM. Comparison ==. Value is 603.

- Got used to doing it by rote. For me GetItemCount is 5 pagedowns from the starting condition. xLoversPosM I tap End to take that box to last item, then one scrollbar pageup from there.

Right-click xLCAnims602, choose Insert Child. Name this node OffenceC603

New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversOff, ==, 1

Right-click OffenceC603, choose Insert Child. Name this node OffC603x00

Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_OffMotionx0.kf into box.

Right-click OffC603x00, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node OffC603x01

Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_OffMotionx1.kf into box.

Right-click OffC603x01, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node OffC603x02

Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_OffMotionx2.kf into box.

Right-click OffC603x02, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node OffC603x03

Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_OffMotionx3.kf into box.

Halfway done.  I do some error checking here by comparing each of the 6 new tree items to the previous existing ones. So in this case compare each 603 item to the 602 item, the only thing that should differ are the ID boxes 602->603, the value of xLoversPosM item in the top node 602->603, and the animation path in bottom 4 items 602_OffMotion -> 603_OffMotion.

Open tree Characters\_Male\Idleanims

Open tree xLoversIdleAnims

Right-click xLAnims701, choose Insert Sibling. Name this node xLAnims603

New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversPosM, ==, 603

Right-click xLAnims603, choose Insert Child. Name this node Defense603

New condition: GetItemCount, xLoversDef, ==, 1

Right-click Defense603, choose Insert Child. Name this node Def603x00

Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_DefMotionx0.kf into box.

Right-click DefC603x00, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node DefC603x01

Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_DefMotionx1.kf into box.

Right-click DefC603x01, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node DefC603x02

Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_DefMotionx2.kf into box.

Right-click DefC603x02, chose Insert Sibling. Name this node DefC603x03

Click button Select Animation File. Edit Asset Path. Insert \ani2\603_DefMotionx3.kf into box.

Another round of error-checking, comparing each of these 6 new items to existing 602.

And done, you've just added support for animation 603 to bear.

Did I mention it was tedious?

Oh, and that doesn't add it to the script, which is a simple manner.  And not even really necessary anymore since the preferred method would be to add it to the .ini via appending 603=100.

.....It looks very hard for me, but I'll have a try, Thank you for your advice~ :)

Archived