How do these armor mods retain same breast size despite different body type?

Xaliber

I've always thought that we require conversions for armors to suit body types, but these armors (Airy armor and Indigo armor) retain consistent breasts size (large breasts) no matter who wears it. I'm not using any body mods (using vanilla) but there is no CTDs. Tested on Ysolda, Aela, and Nebia Lioria (a follower mod).

Some pics to illustrate are attached.

I'm sorry if this sounds so noobish and the answer is obvious. Never paid attention to body mods until recently.

Link to the mods:

post-34304-0-96158400-1420530303_thumb.jpg

post-34304-0-79083300-1420530315_thumb.jpg

post-34304-0-76974800-1420530322_thumb.jpg

post-34304-0-13841400-1420530335_thumb.jpg

post-34304-0-81767800-1420530342_thumb.jpg

post-34304-0-21847900-1420530349_thumb.jpg

post-34304-0-50374100-1420530354_thumb.jpg

post-34304-0-03803200-1420530360_thumb.jpg

post-34304-0-27102800-1420530366_thumb.jpg

A armor uses the body that is supplied inside the armor a armor has a _0 nif and _1 nif each of these nifs have a different body size in them a max and a mininum but some authors might use the same body size for the _0 and _1 file so who ever wears it will have the same body and breast size regardless of what their weight is set at.

The Indigo Armor is also using a CBBE body which is why their nipple textures are above the outfit because you are using it with a incorrect body like UNP. When you wear a armor it uses the body inside the armor but uses your players textures which can cause all kinds of nastiness like the nipple textures in the incorrect spot  and nasty hip marks and nasty spots under the breast.

Armors in Skyrim are not "wore" as in the real world. They "replace" the body. In the game anything with a volume actually consists of their "model"s and "texture"s, or their shapes and their skins. So when you equip your character with an armor, you effectively replace the model of the body part with that of the armor, and re-applies the texture/skin of your character, and then overlays the texture/skin of the armor atop. Therefore, you get the same body type, and strange skin problems.

by myunhinny

A armor uses the body that is supplied inside the armor a armor has a _0 nif and _1 nif each of these nifs have a different body size in them a max and a mininum but some authors might use the same body size for the _0 and _1 file so who ever wears it will have the same body and breast size regardless of what their weight is set at.

The Indigo Armor is also using a CBBE body which is why their nipple textures are above the outfit because you are using it with a incorrect body like UNP. When you wear a armor it uses the body inside the armor but uses your players textures which can cause all kinds of nastiness like the nipple textures in the incorrect spot  and nasty hip marks and nasty spots under the breast.

Armors in Skyrim are not "wore" as in the real world. They "replace" the body. In the game anything with a volume actually consists of their "model"s and "texture"s, or their shapes and their skins. So when you equip your character with an armor, you effectively replace the model of the body part with that of the armor, and re-applies the texture/skin of your character, and then overlays the texture/skin of the armor atop. Therefore, you get the same body type, and strange skin problems.

by myunhinny

I see. If it simply replaces the body, why some armors cause CTD when the body type mismatches, while some others (like my examples) work just fine? The worst I've ever seen is only neck seam.

check your links.

Sorry! It's fixed now.

by myunhinny

I see. If it simply replaces the body, why some armors cause CTD when the body type mismatches, while some others (like my examples) work just fine? The worst I've ever seen is only neck seam.

check your links.

Sorry! It's fixed now.

The CTD could be because the armor is HDT/TBBP-compatible which means it has nodes that your body/skeleton doesn't have.

Here's my two cents worth, Xal based on what happened to me in my early days of using armor mods and from a less technical more user-driven perspective.

Your PLAYER character MUST use gear that has been designed for/converted for the body type that you use.  It's that way because the player body MESH (the shape) and the body TEXTURE (the skin) must match what the armor is designed/converted for or deformation/tearing will happen and the game physics will go crazy.  You can put it in your inventory, give it to others, or drop it on the ground and all will be fine. But, If you attempt to wear armor that isnt designed/converted for your body type, the game will ultimately crash to desktop.  If you are wearing the armor and have somehow saved the game, that save will become corrupt and you can almost never recover from it.

Trinkets (things like necklaces, bracelets, anklets, etc) can be somewhat more forgiving an MAY not cause a crash, but you WILL notice that they werent designed or converted for your body type because of position mismatch or invisibility. (Hey where's those CBBE breast piercings I just installed for my CHSBHC body!!?? - well theyre actually inside your bigger breasts.)

The NPC is somewhat different.  For some reason thats too technical for me to understand, they dont work the same way as a player character.  The can usually wear whatever you put on them without a game crash.  HOWEVER, they can often experience the same deformation/tearing that a player character would.  The game just seems more forgiving of gear worn by NPC's.  I currently have a follower who is 7BCH wearing a CHSBHC vanilla outfit.  Doesnt hurt them, but they have nasty tearing along their hips.  You have to look close to see it, but it's there.

For example, when I first started, I put a UNPB armor on my CHSBHC body and managed to save the game.  Everything was fine till i attempted to open the save , and ofc I couldn't - save slot gone.

Modding has come very far, and many different bodies can be used by different stand-alone followers in game.  You can load any type of armor into the game without a problem.  But the main player character has only one body type it can use at one time.   The real issue is what you can WEAR and get an uncorrupt save from.   There are several mods out there that will let you change your player body type on the fly (like BodyChange) but the wearing requirements will still apply.

Wearing the wrong armor for your body type can also make your HDT or TBBP physics go crazy.  Hehe, that plenty enough reason to keep things consistent.

Hope that helps some.  Pops

Actually you don't have to have gear that is designed for the body that you are using you just have to use commen sense about what armors/outfits you pick that are for a different body type then what are you using. Take UNP you can use the UNP body and wear CBBE outfits/armors as long as the CBBE meet these. 1. The Armor/outfit covers the breast area and the area just below the breast. 2 The armor/outfit covers the hip areas. You can also wear full armors that are CBBE with UNP. I use to wear CBBE armors all the time while using a UNP body.

As long as the armor doesn't have any requirements besides body type (CBBE, UNP, etc) it should work no matter the body.  The armor may look a little odd but it should work.  

If the armor requires something else (HDT HighHeels System, HDT, TBBP skeleton, etc) you will not be able to use the armor without getting HighHeels, HDT, TBBP skeleton, etc.

Example:
Tera Armors UNP body - Should work
Tera Armors CBBE body - Should work
Tera Armors Bodyslide and a lot of other requirements - Needs requirements before it will work

Depends on the dependency some you can remove with the TES5EDIT. But it is best to know what they are and if you can actually remove them or not before trying to remove a master from a .esp.

I have used TES4EDIT that way a lot for oblivion mostly it was to remove old mods that used the high heel system but the mod was older and hadn't been updated in quite awhile so the high heel system in their .esp was out of date and those ones would cause a CTD at game load even with the dependency installed and load order correct. So I just loaded those .esp's into the oblivion CS (creation set) found where the dependencies were listed at and deleted the high heel system master from the list. Then the mod didn't CTD or anything and I just used the high heel system spell to adjust the players height when wearing a high heel.

Thank you all for your helpful explanations! I think I understand it now. I'm not playing female character, so female outfits I usually give to my followers (from mods). Some followers seem to adapt to various outfits, sometimes perfectly, sometimes with a weird deformation. But some others just instantly CTD.

If I understand this correctly, so CTDs will happen if the outfit requires TBBP, HDT, or something else, correct? Is there a way to remove those requirements? What should I edit? I see those requirements sometimes are not present in the file header (there is no required master file when I check with TES5Edit). I suppose these are hidden in the .nif?

I want to use some nice-looking outfits but many of them require TBBP and HDT.

Archived