Compatibility for custom creature races?

anolbee

Found out lots of creature follower mods add custom races. The races use custom skeletons, But actually the skeletons are same with with vanilla things. But they are incompatible with sexlab animations.

Is there a way to make them compatible? I already know Immersive Creature had been compatible and Monster Mod has a patch. But I don't know how to make such patches.

Found out lots of creature follower mods add custom races. The races use custom skeletons, But actually the skeletons are same with with vanilla things. But they are incompatible with sexlab animations. Is there a way to make them compatible? I already know Immersive Creature had been compatible and Monster Mod has a patch. But I don't know how to make such patches.

TESVEdit is your friend, use it to change the RACE NAME of the added race to be the SAME as the original race and then the sex will work.

You mean the entry under the Name column, right? Rather than the EditorID. Thing is, I don't see how to do that. Also, is that entry the same as the name found under the Text tab in the Creation Kit, and why is changing it with TESVEdit different from just doing it in the CK? (Presumably.)

You mean the entry under the Name column, right? Rather than the EditorID. Thing is, I don't see how to do that. Also, is that entry the same as the name found under the Text tab in the Creation Kit, and why is changing it with TESVEdit different from just doing it in the CK? (Presumably.)

CK will add "DUPLICATE", TESVEDIT won't. Sexlab checks by race NAME and not by the ID so setting the same race name will allow Sexlab to them as eligible for sex.

SexLab checks for the id, not name. The EditorID specifically, this you cannot safely change in TEVEdit.

Creature compatiblity can be added to with scripts, there is no in-game or clean CK/TESVEdit method of bypassing this. If you want add custom creatures to the existing animations, you'll have to either write a script to loop through the creature animations and add the editor id of your custom race, or edit and recompile the existing creature lists in the sslCreatureAnimationDefaults.psc script. 

Archived