Tutorial - How to make your own sex animations for oblivion

Hey guys, I used to make animations for oblivion and a few even for lovers but never really released anything. I think the main appeal of mods like lovers is the animations other wise it wouldnt be half as fun! I really love the work you guys have put into this site and the overall translation project so I wanted to give something back.

651px-Charanimtut10.jpg

Over the next couple of posts I will be (trying) to teach you guys how to make sex animations for oblivion and then how to import them into the game. Maybe as a fresh mod, or maybe just to work with lovers depends what people want. I will update the tutorial in sections depending on what feedback I get from the community.

I will start with static poses, and then to solo animations and then how to make full on couple animations and beoynd. I will teach you how to use effects and props in your animations too. I'm not an expert and I'm rusty on the scripting side, but hopefully this will be enough to get you on your way to starting your own mod/lovers addon.

Right that said, lets get started!!

Before we can start making sexy time animations for oblivion, we first need the tools. To be honest, getting the right version of python, blender, nifscripts, ppfy and c++ is a massive bitch so I have been extra nice to you all and put everything in one easy to use .rar file for your animating pleasure (it took me 2 days to get all this working on vista - the mod makers nightmare!)

I have included the filenames and versions if you would prefer to download these yourself. Getting this all installed can be a bit of a bastard like I said, so I will try to help you out if you get stuck.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LFI6XKRJ - Contains all the tools and files you need.

Install in this order -

Blender 2.49

Python 2.6

PyFFI 2.1.9

Visual c++ 2008 component ( vcredist_x86 )

Nifscope

Nifscope blender scripts (blender-2.57b-release-windows32)

As you can see thats alot of stuff to preload before we can even get started!

I wont be teaching you how to use blender in this tutorial (im lazy), there are a billion videos on youtube that can teach you that, but to be honest if your completly new to it, all you really need to learn is how to rotate an object on X Y Z axies and how to move and object, that will pretty much be enough to get you started with poses and animation.

The first step is for you to follow this very straight forward premade tutorial that will teach you how to make a static animation. (i told you i was lazy)  It is very important that you do this step as it will teach you all the fundementals of more advanced animations.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Blender/Creating_a_Character_Animation

Tip: You will need to import the body parts that make up the 'dummy' model. If you havent yet installed a body mod or havent extracted all of the default .bsa packages, I have included a body set in the setup folder for you. This also contains the head mesh, which most people wont have if you havent already extracted your .BSA's.

When you have got to the part where you have the full 'dummy' imported and the skeleton rigged to the dummy, save it as a blend.file  you can then load it up and jump straight into making a new pose without having to do alot of prep work.

Also: The body parts you import, ie femalelowerbody.nif will be based on what body mod your using, if the body is making this a bit difficult to see your bones or get a sense of the animation, switch to an easier to use body type (maybe the default oblivion ones)

Congratulations! You just got your first ever character animation into Oblivion! Hurray!

In the next post I will teach you how to make a short animation to trigger once in a certain event, and also how to add "props" to that animation. I cant promise when that will be as I will need to do alot of screenshoting and dont have alot of time, but I will be able to answer any questions you have about this first stage in the mean time.

Stay tunned....

Quick tips -

quicktips.jpg

quicktips2.jpg

Import all your body parts and join them together.

Set up the timeline.

When you import the skeleton, on the import options, under "Keyframe file" navagate to the CTPose folder and select the kf that you want to use. Import that with the skeleton and it will load the skeleton with the animation file. This is the easiest way to get an exisiting animation in to blender to work on.

This is good practice if you want to turn the older lovers poses into BBB poses.

kfimport.jpg

To insert a Keyframe -  Press 'I'  then Insert LocRot

Ah well, animations. The basics are quick to learn, but you will pull you hair out of frustration very soon. For example, I've spent countless hours to try to make an animation which contains pelvic movement (kinda hard to make sex animations w/o those) but to no avail. If you move the pelvis bone, the whole skeleton will move. I know It can be done, but I don't know how.

The first step is for you to follow this very straight forward premade tutorial that will teach you how to make a static animation. (i told you i was lazy)  It is very important that you do this step as it will teach you all the fundementals of more advanced animations.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Blender/Creating_a_Character_Animation

Just want to mention for those who do not know, When you reach the point that the above tutorial tells you to switch to pose mode do so by selecting the skeleton you imported and then pressing Ctrl + Tab.

Guest Donkey

Thanks for this, maybe this will make me finally able to get into animation. The learner curve from other tutorial was just to high.

Hey guys thanks for the response glad to see that this will be a handy thread, hopefully we will soon have a "loverslab compliation pack" of all your brilliant animations and poses.

What Grim said is right, the basics are easy, but the more perfect you want it the harder it gets. Once you have the basics down though, its mostly just your time.

Grim I had the same trouble when I tried to make a grinding like sex animation, I ended up cheating a bit. If you keep the head, chest and bottom leg bones in place, but move the pelvis bone back and forth it will give the impression of a grinding effect without deforming the model. You need to bend the spine and the upper legs a little to give it the feeling of movement but thats how I managed it, not sure if it applies in your case.

Unreal: No idea mate I dont use Max, you will need to have a look on sourceforge for the 3dsmax import nifscripts

If you move the pelvis bone' date=' the whole skeleton will move. I know It can be done, but I don't know how.

[/quote']

I've seen some rigged skeletons in the past that had toggle-able locks for all the bones, allowing you to lock certain bones in place while manipulating others.  It was primarily for use making walking animations or the like, where you lock the foot to the floor and pivot the body about it, but if you can figure out how to do it, who knows?  I'll do some digging and see if I can scrounge up the old skeleton that someone released for fallout 3 modding as an example...

I tried doing an animation with Breezes brilliant rigged armature kit: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8225 and it makes it soooo easy and sooo good looking. But when I use it in oblivion, the lowerbody is perfect but the upperbody is all fucked up and bending backwards into the floor. I tried playing with the Bip01 and Bip01 NonAccum values but it just fuck the body up even more.

It's a great rigged skeleton and I really want to try and do my own animations but I'm completely stuck. I loaded up a standard lovers animation and changed it a bit, then reloaded it into oblivion and it worked fine. But with Breezes armature it just doesn't work.

If somebody who has a little more experience could take a look at this it would be great and you'd probably see some new stuff from people here, as it is very very newbie-friendly but still gets amazing results

I tried doing an animation with Breezes brilliant rigged armature kit: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8225 and it makes it soooo easy and sooo good looking. But when I use it in oblivion' date=' the lowerbody is perfect but the upperbody is all fucked up and bending backwards into the floor. I tried playing with the Bip01 and Bip01 NonAccum values but it just fuck the body up even more.

[/quote']

The problem is the pelvis and this breeze body is for Fallout 3

Quote form Saidenstorm

The FO3 Player Rig is miles of difference from the Oblivion Rig and the Bip01 Spine node is going to be the biggest issue as its no longer linked under the pelvis its linked directly to Bip01 now this allowed bethesda to seperate the lower body and upper body movements -> but for you it makes the data in your anim on that node completely worthless -> you can go into the anim and just delete the data linked to that node and see what happens, but the entire rest of the Rig is not on the same scale as the Oblivion Rig arms and legs are both slightly differently sized and the base rotations on alot of the bones is slightly off as well.

Other Tutorial for Oblivion

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=32624

and this from Coronerra

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28326

Thanks much.

I had tried learning with 3DS Max, but ran into trouble (3DS Max does not like to allow North-South hip movement when imported to .kf, and guess what - Xlovers orients characters North-South!).  After months of getting nowhere on the problem, I might try this so I can continue to tweak the current animations.

Eric

I do not understand about what, you,

All there works, is necessary Civ4Tools+kf-updater and ONLY 3DsMax 8 (7+) 8-better

for export Y - moves.

ba723d65b07bb14567cae179595d5fd6.jpg

===============

After import kf - check Dope Sheet

1.Step - import

517019f45839e8f707444741adb105fa.jpg

2.Step - Check Dope Sheet

d9223e80ac2e8fb838356e95d1f9fcd3.jpg

3. Move keys(If it is necessary)

89585a0a60c0c97820fa320d12a3c649.jpg

=====================

Also you can use Collada Tools  for overlapping actors