Where to learn how to mod for Skyrim?

Wees

Hey, first post! I just decided to join this community after questioning it for a long amount of time. I had a fake account to make sure the mods on this were legit, and I think I like this site. Anyway, my question is where would I learn to mod for Skyrim? Specifically animation mods, but I'd like to learn overall. My knowledge of this type of thing is limited to only the basics of coding. I tried to look up tutorials but I have no way of knowing if someone is properly explaining something and sending me in the wrong direction with bad information. So I wanted to ask out there if anyone could point me in the proper direction of learning.

Thanks in advance.

First of all, there is no "overall" in modding because there are so many things you can change and adapt that you impossible could learn everything without becoming overburdened and stressed out. So you got to think about what you really want to create.

Now, for animations there is a tutorial pinned in the proper section for it already. You should in general take your first step by looking at tutorials and maybe playing around with the tools a bit to get to know them a bit closer.

Hmm, I see. I never checked that section thinking those tutorials wouldn't have any relation to Skyrim. A bit close-minded of me I guess. I'll be looking through this and mess around with the tools tonight. Thanks a ton.

If you've never stepped foot in the creation kit or anything like it, you're gonna want to wade your way through this. There's quite a few video tutorials that you can find there too(search based on what you want to do). TES Alliance has some pretty good information tutorials as well. The CK is going to make you want to smash things on a regular basis though. Fair warning.  :lol:

Thank Rayblue!  Would still prefer a real step by step tut, who guide you from scratch, Do this then this..and so, a real dummie guide so to say.
Hoping for that some of the great modmakers will make one so that noobs like me can start to make some payback and perahapps lift som burden from there/your shoulders and not just be a parasit feeding on others Creations. :blush:

Thank Rayblue!  Would still prefer a real step by step tut, who guide you from scratch, Do this then this..and so, a real dummie guide so to say.

Hoping for that some of the great modmakers will make one so that noobs like me can start to make some payback and perahapps lift som burden from there/your shoulders and not just be a parasit feeding on others Creations. :blush:

The tutorials on the creationkit website are great, really really great, and very much step by step imo. My advice would be to do them all and do them in order. I went from never having made a mod for any game to making one and posting it here in just two weeks after doing those tutorials. That sounded like a bad advertisement.  :)  

Archived