Request: Breaking Up Forbidden (Manga UL Version)

chapel

I'm good at tweaking .NIFs and adding items to the game, but this is beyond my skills. :mellow:

I'm asking if anyone at all, is able to "break up" this .NIF into parts; boots, cuirass, gauntlets, greaves. I try not to ask for help, rather than figuring out the issue/problem myself, but I know when I'm beat. :lol:

Thx in adv.

ultra light.nif

You see how the Ultra Light armor, in that .NIF uploaded, is a full body armor? Like how the default Iron Armor in Oblivion, I'd like to turn this one big .NIF into four .NIFs.

Separating each section of that .NIF's "hands" "upper body" "lower body" and "feet" into four .NIFs representing gauntlets, cuirass, greaves, and boots. 

So I'm able to mix and match different armors/clothing, rather than having this one big .NIF and not able to mix and match other armors with it...

English isn't my first language. Sorry. :lol:

this file.nif is already in parts !!!

all you need to do is  : " remove branche "  in nifskope  than save what is left as the file name you want  . (you can clean after with  'remove bogus bones' )

the question is was i clear (do you need more détails) ?         normally it is basics use of nifskope .

exemple for the feet  i have " remove branch " for all file that are not wanted , than  clicking on 'spells' - 'optimize' - 'remove bogus nodes' , than saved the file as " feet".

i trust normally with that you can do the rest.

Yes, I messed up there. English is not my first language, my apologies.

And I am not aware of most of NifSkope's skills, just cleaning .NIFs and applying/redirecting textures.

That is what I would consider "tweaking .NIFs". Unfortunately. :rolleyes:

There shouldn't be much of a problem to cut the armor in pieces. I made the armor based on a screenshot by SWBM, and both our versions are a mishmash of different mods. IMO, the easiest option (even if it takes more time) is to delete parts. Like, to get the boots delete everything but the heels, then remove the bogus nodes and save it as a new file. Repeat the process for every part.

Yes, I messed up there. English is not my first language, my apologies.

And I am not aware of most of NifSkope's skills, just cleaning .NIFs and applying/redirecting textures.

That is what I would consider "tweaking .NIFs". Unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Greetings.

Sorry but you are not a "good" cleaner ... ;°)

When you open a nif file , all the unused parts ( they are there because you or someone else made a remove and not a remove "branch" )  seen under the "Scene Root" (( or the name used for the very first node ..)  must be delated ... you don't need to do it one by one , NifSkope has a function to do so : Crop to branch .

In other words , right-click on the "scene root " ( in your case) --> block ---> crop to branch ... and wait ( it could take some seconds before the clean is done ... ).

Another point i saw in your mesh : you ( or someone else ) tried to create a SV ( " Sanitary Version "as  Master Growlf  'll call it ... in think ...)   of this " greaves ( ?) " panty " is a more appropriate name here by moving the Z axe by 1 ... but not a big deal with a such little value , but you forgott to " Apply" your modification ! ( just right clic on the related mesh ---> "Transform" --->  " Apply " ) ... and you will see that the Z axe value is now set to zero and not 1 ! 

That's  an important point  , and you can test the difference with NifSkope ( this tool is really a " God's Gift " ) just by adding a Kf file ( animation file ) to see if all move as expected ( without clipping etc ...)  , but save your mesh before  adding an animation .

Last thing : don't try to " play"  with corrupted meshes ( where the different axes are not set to zero , except when this is needeed by a script such the one used in the VipCxj's  Real High Heels system  or a speel for the Addk1k 's High Heels System )  ... to move these kind of meshes you need more experience and it's not always possible to move them witout problem : to test them , you need to do so in game , in an interior and in exterior too , because for an unkwown reason ( in fact to me it's an " unknown reason ...)  , a mesh looks and works well in interior , but not once  in exterior ...  in this case the mesh don't match the body part ... so avoid that kind of meshes until you 'll be  and " advanced" user.

Sorry , but English isn't my native tongue too ... cheers , and with a little advance  , i wish you a Happy New Year 2015.

@AnnaFly

The nif in the first post is the one that they wanted broken into pieces I'm pretty sure it's the original nif that comes with the mod and that they didn't do any to it as they only wanted it broken up and they would do the rest themselves. But since they were shown that the armor could be broken up quite easily with nifskope they were able to do it themselves with nifskope.

Ah, it's not such a bad thing with just a few extra branches. There are modders who actually have two hundred of those in one single Nif!

Symon would have a field day with those. Pumping up the file size with junk data like no tomorrow. Meshes of 16 MB size! Once there was this modder by the name of Bi... or was it Tri? Anyways, sanitizing meshes is essential and important. This thread contains very useful information.

@AnnaFly

The nif in the first post is the one that they wanted broken into pieces I'm pretty sure it's the original nif that comes with the mod and that they didn't do any to it as they only wanted it broken up and they would do the rest themselves. But since they were shown that the armor could be broken up quite easily with nifskope they were able to do it themselves with nifskope.

Hi there .

First of all , before i forget to do it , i wish you a happy New Year , and of course same wish to Poontank and to everyone there.

I don't know if he already try to " tweak" this nif or not and that's why i wrote " you or someone else ... "  ;°)

I don't know from wich mod this ".nif" came from so i 've just took a quick look  at it with NifSkope.

Actually i got some problem with the GND file ... i loose a lot of time yesterday to create one ( i want the GND files for all the Apachii Goddess  meshes and a lot of them are missing )... and the bug was in the esp file ( wrong female GND path ... ) and not in my mesh ... !

I like the Gooboo's Body mod ( GBEC/ UNPK HGEC ) , but unfortunately i cannot use his last " Nice Female Neck version " , because i don't want to recreate all the other upper body clothes / Outfits.

So at this moment i "play " a lot off with my "favorite" toll : NifSkope .

Anyway , time to go to bed now ( 03 AM in my country )

Cheers.

@ myuhinny

Yes, since yesterday I have been all over my older .NIFs with new tricks learned. There are dozens of things I wanted to "change" but ended up overlooking them all after owning Oblivion for so long.

@ Nightwynd

I remember your name. I have parted ways with a lot of armor/clothing mods, mostly because I am very, very fickle, but kept the Forbidden Armor, as it is the very first armor mod I used for my first installment of Oblivion and have kept the mod since. Thank you.

@ AnnaFly

I never touched the file uploaded on this topic via NifSkope. I never "tweaked" this .NIF as I have had this mod since 2011 or 2012. I never had a problem with this mod, but the other day I had a itch that I thought I could scratch.

Plus, I thought it would be nice at the very least, to upload the .NIF I wanted edited, rather than asking for what I wanted AND having said user download the file from Nexus as well. I think that would have been of poor taste on my part, if I did the latter.

So, no, I did not do anything with this .NIF, other that upload it here.

@Poontank

I saw a armor awhile back from skyrim the fricken armor nif had so many errors in it that it actually locked up nifskope when it tried to list all of the errors in it. I tried a few of the tools here on LL to try to fix it but they just crashed as well so I took the armor nif and rar and threw them both straight into the trash bin because if it was doing that to nifskope then there is no way in hell I was going to install that pile of mess into my game and maybe end up causing problems in game from it.

@AnnaFly

The armor is called Forbidden Armor it's located on the nexus and was uploaded by Nightwyd.

happy New Year to you as well.

Archived