Bodyslide Neck, wrist and ankel gaps! (SOLVED)

It's just like the title says folks I am having some wrist, ankle and neck gap issue when converting armors and clothing in bodyslide's outfit studio.

The issue that I am having is that by duplicating the body in outfit studio for the body I am experiencing neck and wrist gaps in low weight slider setting (and slightly in high weight setting). and when I use a custom preset (besides CBBE) I get ankle gap issues.

I dunno why this is happening because this is meant to be the proper way of converting armor in outfit studio according to the tutorial.

thankfully I was able to get the non-bbp version of the armor/clothing to not have any gap issues, but then I cannot do any HDT conversions because the current method of converting armors to HDT will make the gap issue return and by using the method that I used to convert the non-bbp version of the armor will cause excessive breast and butt clipping.

please help me.

edit: I solved the problem but the solution is very tedious. might release a tutorial one day for others to use

There's no need to duplicate a body when making a BodySlide conversion. In the "Save As" dialog, there's a check box that does this automatically. Before you go there, make sure the only body you have in your project is the reference CBBE BodySlide body at the very top.

When loading a project, you delete the body that came with the outfit, but keep the reference shape that has also been loaded.

There's no need to duplicate a body when making a BodySlide conversion. In the "Save As" dialog, there's a check box that does this automatically. Before you go there, make sure the only body you have in your project is the reference CBBE BodySlide body at the very top.

When loading a project, you delete the body that came with the outfit, but keep the reference shape that has also been loaded.

yeah I already figured that out for the bodyslide conversions but right now I am having a lot to clipping issues with the HDT/TBBP body. and I wanna know how to fix that or do it better

yeah I already figured that out for the bodyslide conversions but right now I am having a lot to clipping issues with the HDT/TBBP body. and I wanna know how to fix that or do it better

I found something in your screenshot here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39423-a-noob-does-bodyslide-2-hdt-conversions-halted/?p=1019781

You installed a "reference skeleton patch". This shouldn't be used with the recent versions of Outfit Studio anymore under any circumstances.

If you remove that (and make sure NMM doesn't screw your BodySlide install up) and make a new conversion, will it work?

Do the clipping issues persist when your body animates in-game?

More details like a vid/gif of the problem would be nice.

yes the clipping does presist when the body is animated in game

That's just probably due to OS's vertex weight copy tool. It just uses vertex weight averaging to copy weights.

Coupled with the fact that the CBBE body itself has sparse vertex, your not going to get a good result on most outfit meshes.

You'd need a proper 3d editor using updated weight copy algorithms.

You can also try gerra6's weight transfer tool, it uses updated algorithms as well.

Unless of course the clipping is mesh based (which you could see in OS prior to it becoming animated in-game)

I found something in your screenshot here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39423-a-noob-does-bodyslide-2-hdt-conversions-halted/?p=1019781

You installed a "reference skeleton patch". This shouldn't be used with the recent versions of Outfit Studio anymore under any circumstances.

If you remove that (and make sure NMM doesn't screw your BodySlide install up) and make a new conversion, will it work?

yeah I did uninstall the reference patch.

hey I just wanna ask. am I meant to right click and copy all skeleton on each armor for the bbp versions of it? because doing it that way seems to reduce clipping.

but doing it this way also seems to create some unnecessary bones in the armor that makes that armor look/bend weird.

That's just probably due to OS's vertex weight copy tool. It just uses vertex weight averaging to copy weights.

Coupled with the fact that the CBBE body itself has sparse vertex, your not going to get a good result on most outfit meshes.

You'd need a proper 3d editor using updated weight copy algorithms.

You can also try gerra6's weight transfer tool, it uses updated algorithms as well.

Unless of course the clipping is mesh based (which you could see in OS prior to it becoming animated in-game)

so your answer is learn 3d programming. alright. 

Well it'd be easier after you learned a 3d editor program yes.

But you should by all means just be able to run your existing conversions through gerra6's mesh rigger and i should fix up most if not all your mesh weights.

alright thanks

I have exactly the same problem.

That from bodyslide.

The strengh modification is not good, look at these 2 pictures

If i change sliders % of arms, that will move wrists, and exactly the same thing if i change calves.

All sliders must never change axe position of wrists or calves.

And i can't use full body chape, because if i do that, clipping warranty.

post-30616-0-36745100-1419685087_thumb.png

post-30616-0-23374000-1419685098_thumb.png

I have exactly the same problem.

That from bodyslide.

The strengh modification is not good, look at these 2 pictures

If i change sliders % of arms, that will move wrists, and exactly the same thing if i change calves.

All sliders must never change axe position of wrists or calves.

And i can't use full body chape, because if i do that, clipping warranty.

I don't know how I can help you then because my conversions depends on using full body.

Edit:

The problem is not resolved, because if i  modifiy vanilla hands and feets, the nude bodyshape going to have gaps...

If you don't patch the strengh of sliders who modify arms, shoulders, torso (big) and calves, it's very simple,  Bodyslide can working only with full armors.

Edit:

The problem is not resolved, because if i  modifiy vanilla hands and feets, the nude bodyshape going to have gaps...

If you don't patch the strengh of sliders who modify arms, shoulders, torso (big) and calves, it's very simple,  Bodyslide can working only with full armors.

when I convert my body I never duplicate my body in outfit studio. but when I go to save as I make sure to always have the "copy reference shape into output" tick box ticked and that will be my body that has no gap problems.

Archived