OBSE Problem

blue1820

I'm having issues getting OBSE to kick in and run, i'm using the OBSE launcher provided by steam, its installed in the right location, Oblivion root folder, it was working and just seems to have took a vacation, one thing i noticed is when i run TES4Edit the first screen that comes up is completely empty with no plugins showing,  BOSS is not even recognizing Obilivion, right after i create my PC i get the popups lovers and Morroblivion needs OBSE to run and PC dies and then loads save options menu, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to get it going.

Loader

Oblivion.esm=1
Morrowind_ob.esm=1
Lovers with PK.esm=1
LoversCreature.esm=1
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp=1
DLCShiveringIsles.esp=1
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp=1
USIPS Additional Changes.esp=1
DLCVileLair.esp=1
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp=1
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCHorseArmor.esp=1
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCOrrery.esp=1
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp=1
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCSpellTomes.esp=1
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCThievesDen.esp=1
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp=1
DLCFrostcrag.esp=1
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
UOPS Additional Changes.esp=1
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp=1
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp=1
Knights.esp=1
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp=1
LoversRaperS.esp=1
LoversStalkerMN.esp=1
LoversStalkerM.esp=1
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp=1
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp=1
LoversHooker.esp=1
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp=1
LoversSlaveTrader.esp=1
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp=1
LoversBed.esp=1
LoversBackup2.esp=1
LoversRapeSlave.esp=1
LoversDRader.esp=1
Crowded Roads.esp=1
Crowded Cities 30.esp=1
Populated Prisons.esp=1
Damsels In Distress.esp=1
FuroGeneratorTrap.esp=1
Luchaire's Neck Seam Concealer.esp=1
Bonds Studio Apartment.esp=1
Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp=1
Fingernails For HGEC.esp=1
Apachii_Wigs_MaleFemale.esp=1
Generic Faces.esp=1
PlayerSlaveEncounters_V0.69.esp=1
LoversPayBandit.esp=1
The Forgotten.esp=1
Lucha's She Imperial.esp=1
Lucha's She Nord.esp=1
Lucha's She Redguard.esp=1
Lucha's She Breton.esp=1
LunasGothicMaidenRace.esp=1
L'Nobody.esp=1
boethia custom race.esp=1
RMDailyIncomeV2.esp=1
BudongsNarcolepsySpell.esp=1
Lovers with PK.esp=1
LoversCreature.esp=1
Colourwheels Sexy Oblivion OverHaul.esp=1
Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp=1
Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp=1
Morrowind_ob.esp=1
Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp=1
Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp=1
Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=0
LoversMB2.esp=1
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp=1
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp=1

I will go over everything again cause hell i'm looking at a re-install here if i can't figure this out, and thanks for the help, but my real issue is what if anything could cause OBSE to stop working, i know its installed correctly and at one time it was working just fine unless something i have installed has changed the configuration files that OBSE needs to function and i think Morroblivion may have did just that but hell i don't know for sure.

On a hunch knowing all this worked before i removed all lose files from the root folder except for the OBSE files and the OBSE launcher provided by steam and let steam run a validation on the game, after it replaced the core files that were missing, i fired up the game and the damn thing worked, i then compared what files i removed with what Steam replaced and noticed two odd files that i had removed IronMath.dll and IronPython.dll, one or both of those files seem to have mucked up the game, and i'm no expert with wryebash but i think those files are related in some way,maybe someone knows what there for, but i had to use wryebash to install Morroblivion, but needless to say its fixed and after seeing Morroblivion for the first time it seems worth all the hell it took me to get here, thanks for the offered help guys but i learned the hard way when your dealing with conflicting files its not a simple math as 1+2 = 3, if someone knows what those two dll files are for and why this happen please tell, but OBSE is at least running with them removed.

I would say that the IronMath.dll and IronPython.dll might of come from a mod that you installed. You could make a copy of each one and unzip each one into a new folder and look at what is inside each one and chances are you will find it in one of the mods that you installed into your game.

I had more time yesterday to run the game and i found another glitch with OBSE that may have been the cause of my problem to start with, if steam is launched and i'm actively logged in and i  run the obse_loader - Shortcut it skips the play,data files and options screen and goes straight to the game, and with that method for me OBSE fails 100% of the time,

but if Steam is not active and i'm not logged in and when i run obse_loader - Shortcut steam logs me in to the steam client and i get the play,data files and options screen and click play it runs 100% of the time, so is this the way it works for everyone or am i the only one steam hates with Oblivion, because i have Morrowwind, FO3,FONV and Skyrim heavily modded running though script extenders with Steam and no issue what so ever.

So you might say big deal just log out and close out of steam every time you want to play Oblivion, so no big deal i agree, but those out there that have steam activate at windows start up and auto log in that try and run there game with steam active are 1 going to blame some ones mod or 2 there going to re-install there game a half a dozen times thinking its broke until they figure it out that there dealing with steam BS when it comes to Oblivion, end rant.

With Steam you don't use the obse_loader.exe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not need to install the obse_loader.exe ( only if you want to use the CS )

Have you read my yellow Link ?

I only have Skyrin and Fallout NV Steam and I when I play I am never connected to the Internet. I start Steam offline Mode, then I start the game.

You really need to update that information because the option {Quote} Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load {end quote} that option is no longer available in steam settings check it out, and it needs to be revised to what Ashal post here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/3-lovers-with-pk-faq/at question Q: how to get obse installed with steam? go to A for answer and is the same information posted in my second post in this thread see link , then your going to have the problem i been talking about, your information out dated with the current version of steam and will not work for that reason, because simply that option is not available in the current version of steam and why Ashal revised it on how to do this, we all got to get on the same page that there is only one way to do this and it even remotely work with the BS steam client.

All i know is i got it working by using the method in the link, but there is no option for me to enabled the Steam community in-game on my steam settings, where would it be, maybe i'm looking in the wrong place, i thought i read it was in in-game settings tab? i have tried every other option to no avail other then what's posted in the FAQ.

I don't have Steam Oblivion but think it is the same as Skyrim and Fallout NV, you must start Steam ( offline mode be enough) and then use the Oblivion exe.

So it works for Fallout NV (offline mode and not connected to the Internet )

Should better be called "Steam must be activated before you start the game"

I have the same problem. The loader provided on the steam powered forums seems to work with the older versions of OBSE (tried with 17b with success) but it wont work with version 21.

Back story; Started with a totally clean version of Oblivion i wiped out every record i could find and reinstalled and to my joy it did not CTD at the main screen. I have installed the basic mods OBSE, pluggy, silent text and etc. Also Roberts male and HGEC female. Also installed LAPF but nothing else so far.

With LAPF and OBSE 21 installed PER INSTRUCTIONS (no loader, required files in oblivion directory and launched with steam or oblivion.exe) LAPF spits back that lovely little message 'lovers wont work without OBSE you didnt read the instructions did you'. with LAPF and OBSE 17b and the OBSE loader from steam powered NO MESSAGE but also no animations (not surprisingly as OBSE 17b is too old). I should mention that i cannot acess the steam overlay and YES I HAVE IT ENABLED PLEASE DONT ASK.

That is the extend of my progress so far. I am kind of out of ideas as far as troubleshooting. i can eliminate LAPF as a suspect as LAPF recognises OBSE 17b. So it seems to be that the problem has something to do with Steam (most likely) or OBSE (unlikely IMO) itself. Short of a new OBSE loader i cannot see a resolution.

So i will begin looking for a non-steam version of Oblivion and see if i can run that.

I don't have Oblivion Steam so here example with Fallout ( and german Steam)

post-3205-0-20248000-1418761667_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-84437200-1418761683_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-52109200-1418761694_thumb.jpg

Can be done in Offline mode without internet connection

And OBSE 21 readme

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder  to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

-------------------------------------------------

So you must not install the OBSE_loader.exe

Obscure2011, do you have obse_loader.exe and obse_steam_loader.dll in your Oblivion directory?

OK, let me start by posting the OBSE install instructions so that you know i have read them;

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder  to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".

2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

OK now let me qoute a thread from the steam powered forums so you know my intentions:

Veloci1992f
06-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Here is how you get OBSE working legitimately:

1) Make sure you have received the latest update, we just updated on Steam about 30 minutes ago to make our binary more compatible with OBSE. Restart Steam if you are unsure and you should get updated. If you've replaced your binary with some non-Steam version you'll want to make sure it updates and you are on the new Steam shipped version.

2) Install OBSE into your steamapps\common\oblivion directory as you normally would

2) Get this file: http://media.steampowered.com/content/obse_loader.zip, and extract the obse_loader.exe over the top of the one from the standard OBSE install in your oblivion folder.

3) Run obse_loader.exe and everything should now work (you'll get passed through the loader first, just hit play).

I've contacted the OBSE guys so we can hopefully get our revisions to obse_loader added into the official OBSE package. Until then if you would like the source for the changes for obse_loader to compile yourself email me at jmccaskey at valvesoftware.com.

Well, what more can I say? Cheers!

Note the date on that, the OBSE loader is years old and I would assume that is why it no longer works.

OK now let me tell you what i have tried:

• At first I installed OBSE per the given instructions. The result of this was the message in game: 'Lovers requires OBSE to run, you didn't read the instructions did you?'
  • Second i tried adding the OBSE loader provided on the steam forums, same result
  • Third i cursed, a lot.
  • Fourth i installed OBSE 17b with the OBSE loader provided on the steam forums; result NO message but NO animations (OBSE 20+ is required for LAPF not to mention the only other version of lovers i can find)

That is as far as i have gotten

The Steam OBSE loader is outdated ! The post is antique. ( read post 13 )

Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data Folder in your Oblivion Folder . NOT in the data Folder !

enabled the Steam community ( Steam Overlay) see 18 and 19.

Leave steam active ( can be offline mode)

Use the Oblivion.exe

The Steam OBSE loader is outdated ! The post is antique. ( read post 13 )

Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data Folder in your Oblivion Folder . NOT in the data Folder !

enabled the Steam community ( Steam Overlay) see 18 and 19.

Leave steam active ( can be offline mode)

Use the Oblivion.exe

Thank you for your advice but it does not work, i have tried it before.

Oblivion installation path ?   C:\ program files (x86) ......

Oblivion programs do not work right with the standart Folder, or you have Problems to overwrite files,......
OBSE and "archive invalidate" can have problems to function properly.

Create a new Folder in C or use D, E , F

Thanks for all the help everyone, i have it working by the method outlined in my post #9, all my steam games run just fine except Oblivion without having to jump though hoops and back flips getting it to work, it just comes down to a steam issue with Oblivion, but at least its working for me. :)

Archived