Having issues with ECE

Imported1

Basically the title says all.  ECE is being a pain in the ass, and no matter how I install it, I'm always having problems.  NMM installation basically makes me CTD whenever a female npc disrobes, and since the author of the actual mod gives so little in the way of installation, incompatibility, or troubleshooting that I'm completely stuck.  I wanna be able to make attractive characters too.   :-/

Any and all help is appreciated.  I'm not sure what I can do to help, but I can supply my load order / list if needed.

As mentioned, your issue isn't with ECE, it's with a skeleton that's either missing or some of its files have been overwritten by something else. And since you're using that POS called NMM you have to install your custom skeleton dead last to avoid overwriting it. (If you used Mod Organizer you could install it in any order than just drag and drop it in a list to prevent it from being overwritten.)

It's a beta from Expired, in other words, not a simple crappy beta. I'm using it and everything is better than before.

It's pretty much only a beta because I say it's a beta. Sculpt mode is finished. The last thing being added is geometry importing, which is almost ready for another beta. Once I get any bugs from that out I'll probably go for a release sometime next week or the week after.

I prefer ECE way over RaceMenu..

As mentioned above.. only advantage is the Tattoo/Overlay System.. which i don't really need.

IMO, you can create much prettier chars with ECE than with RM.

So in short you prefer ECE only because your opinion is that you could make much pretier chars with it?

That sound aweful like religon...

As mentioned above.. only advantage is the Tattoo/Overlay System.. which i don't really need.

IMO, you can create much prettier chars with ECE than with RM.

Wrong. You are talking about some old version of RM. Beside overlay system there is support for Familiar Faces and most of the other popular mods without need for patches, sculpt mode that beats ECE, lot better preset mode with the ability to name your preset, included fix if you have to much hair mods installed that would crash your game, and lots of other things. Install latest RM 3 (still beta) and see what i mean.

Why should i try something that i don't like? 

I said i prefer ECE - i'm happy with it. I even said "in my opinion" in the last sentence.

If you prefer RM or think that it is better than ECE, fine. I'm totallay okay with that.. but that doesn't change my opinion, neither will i mess up my save/char just to try out RM.

I don't want to recreate my ECE Char with RM, i tried it once and it didn't work (RM 2.8.2) - especially since i don't need RM for my char, she is perfect.

I yet have to see a RM char that looks better than mine or the ECE char of a good friend.

Anyway.. i don't want to discuss this further, since it doesn't really add anything valuable to my life.

Good night :) Gonna play some Witcher now. bye1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I said i prefer ECE - i'm happy with it. I even said "in my opinion" in the last sentence.

If you prefer RM or think that it is better than ECE, fine. I'm totallay okay with that.. but that doesn't change my opinion, neither will i mess up my save/char just to try out RM.

I don't want to recreate my ECE Char with RM, i tried it once and it didn't work (RM 2.8.2) - especially since i don't need RM for my char, she is perfect.

I yet have to see a RM char that looks better than mine or the ECE char of a good friend.

Anyway.. i don't want to discuss this further, since it doesn't really add anything valuable to my life.

I didnt say you have to use it or like it. I said its wrong to think ECE is better. Since you are comparing it to old RM im not surprised you dont see that yourself, but with the final release of RM3 you will see characters that look equal or better then those made by ECE. :)

There's a tried and true word of wisdom here.

"Don't start none, won't be none".

WIth your entrance into the thread, talking shit about racemenu... so you kinda had it coming. To think otherwise makes you look.. well...

WIth your entrance into the thread, talking shit about racemenu... so you kinda had it coming. To think otherwise makes you look.. well...

It's okay, he will be jealous when I finish head importing and everyone is busy importing their ECE heads and custom follower heads that don't have presets uploaded. Head Import will let you import geometry from any same vertex and topology mesh.

Only thing you would really need to install to migrate from ECE would be the textures.

Racemenu isn't perfect, neither is ECE. Though I think part of RaceMenu's growing popularity is its ease, both on user and especially developers' side, yet leaving options for a power user. I keep hearing of conflicts with ECE, which steered me to RaceMenu. Either way, people will use what they like, it's useless to try and "convert".

The OP came here for help, not for a debate.

That said, I use RaceMenu, so I can't help. Hopefully it's a skeleton issue and tha'ts solved there. Never had issues with skeletons myself since I'm absolutely anal with instructions.  :lol:

I didn't talk one second "shit about RaceMenu".

I only said, i prefer ECE over it.. that's just my opinion. It suits my needs, i'm able to create the character i want, which in my opinion is prettier than any RM i've seen so far. (ofc).

I never said anything bad about RM.. 

It may be "better" in the future..

Offer more options.. idk.. and i don't care.

Anyway.. i don't even know why i'm responding to this nonsense.

Just because you don't like what i say or think.. doesn't mean it's wrong or bad.

And there is btw. nothing to be jealous about.. since i have my perfect character.

I'm gonna stop justify myself now, since there is no reason i need to do it.. i did nothing wrong.

Let's get BTT... or just close this thread, since it's 1. answered and 2. In the wrong Sub-Forum anyway..

Archived