Could i suggest either the UI disappears or the mod goes into sleep mode and doesn't show the UI when your in dungeons since you can often see enemies on the widget before you can see them

There is a hotkey toggle for this in the settings. You can either use it as a hide/show toggle, or just have it show the widget and it will auto-hide after a configureable amount of seconds. Make sure you're on the latest version (1.2), prior versions did not have this.

Okay thanks for the info will give it a try

I forgot to mention, the symptom of any nearby NPC showing up is a direct result of enabling the option "Force new NPC arousal calculation". This is really the purpose of this option, it forces SexLab Aroused to calculate the arousal of the 7 closest NPCs within the maximum range of SLA Monitor if they have not been calculated by SexLab Aroused itself yet. Normally bandits in a dungeon would not be tracked by SLA yet so they wouldn't show up on the scanner either with this option turned off. The latest version of SexLab Aroused Redux has an option to change the scanner frequency of SexLab Aroused itself. So you could twiddle the options in both SLA Redux and SLA Monitor to work together in a way that reduces this issue.

Useful to know is that the scanning range of SLA Redux is 1024 untits (around 15 meter), and the scanning range of SLAM is 2500 units (around 37 meter). You could turn off the "Force new NPC arousal calculation" in SLAM, and then play around with reducing the scanning frequency in SLA Redux. This would have the results that NPCs that you first encounter would only show up on the scanner once they are within 15 meter from you, rather than the current 37 meter. As soon as they have been on the scanner once, it means they are then tracked by SLA Redux and they will keep showing up even if they move further away from you than 15 meter, up to the full 37 meter range of SLAM. Obviously this would increase the total papyrus load on your installation.

In the next version I will add a slider to configure the scanning range of SLAM allowing for even more control in how SLAM and SLA Redux work together. I have thought about creating a fork of SLA Redux and building the widget right into it as an optional feature as that would really be the best solution, because both the SLA Redux tracking and the widget could then work off a single scanner. However I'm not sure if I could get permission for that from the original authors of SLA and SLA Redux, and I also don't think creating yet another fork of SLA is such a good idea. Perhaps I can hijack the SLA Redux scanner quest though, I will look into that. Maybe I should just hack together a proof of concept and send it to Fishburger to see if he would be interested in a cooperation. :D

i dont know what version i have im guessing its a old version for some reason when i start a game my character has -2 for ages sometimes it sets itself right when i use the n btton sometimes it doesnt

Before anything else, install the latest version so that we know what we're talking about.

Assuming you are on the latest version, your problem sounds like an issue with SexLab Aroused. SLA Monitor Widget does not keep track of arousal itself, it simply asks SLA what your arousal is and then displays that value. -2 means that SLA has not calculated your arousal yet (or possibly that you have marked your arousal as blocked in SLA, but that seems unlikely on a new game, unless it is done by another mod you have installed). Using the SLA N hotkey should always fix the first problem (depending on your settings it may then take another minute to actually show on the widget), but if your arousal is blocked, nothing is going to change its value.

Are you using SexLab Aroused, or SexLab Aroused Redux? Is it up to date? Have you changed any settings from the defaults? Do you use other mods that might block or influence your arousal? Without information, your own guess is a lot better than anyone elses, including mine.

I have two suggestions:

1) Creation of an ignore list for the scanner - In my case, I have Requiem and it has an invisible NPC named REQ_Stalker that is always on my scanner.  It's not game breaking but it does get annoying.

2) Option to not display NPCs below a certain number - It might just be nice if you are only interested in the NPCs who might be interested.

Re 1: I'm not sure how I would allow the user to configure this. Perhaps it would be better to just hardcode special NPCs like this into the widget, rather than letting the user configure them. Myself I have found a NPC like that called TweakFence (part of AFT I assume). So I could add an exclusion for NPCs called either TweakFence or REQ_Stalker directly into the scanner quest so that they will be ignored. If anyone has encountered any other special NPCs like this, please post them and I will have a look at adding an exclusion for them.

Re 2: See the Re: 1 answer to NeatLL's recent post.

Thanks for the response.  Would you have to add that filter in the script or could you do it as a condition on the quest somewhere?  I'm just curious because if it is on the quest itself, I could add filters myself.

EDIT:

I actually toyed around with this and made some personal changes that I wouldn't ask the mod maker to include, but other people might be interested in.  I made these changes to use the mod as a sort of sixth sense my character has about the pliable females in his vicinity.

It is in the scanner quest in the CK, on the aliases...

1) Added - SameSexAsPC != 1

This gives me only females

2) Changed - ActorTypeNPC condition, changed the OR to AND

This filtered out animals, which also happened to filter out REQ_Stalker, which is apparently a goat.

3) Changed - SLA_Arousal condition, set the value to 50

This filtered out anyone whose arousal was less than 50

The result is that within the given range of the mod, I now only get females NPCs who are above my threshhold.  Obviously this wouldn't work for everyone's purposes, but it is maybe a start.

i dont know what version i have im guessing its a old version for some reason when i start a game my character has -2 for ages sometimes it sets itself right when i use the n btton sometimes it doesnt

Before anything else, install the latest version so that we know what we're talking about.

Assuming you are on the latest version, your problem sounds like an issue with SexLab Aroused. SLA Monitor Widget does not keep track of arousal itself, it simply asks SLA what your arousal is and then displays that value. -2 means that SLA has not calculated your arousal yet (or possibly that you have marked your arousal as blocked in SLA, but that seems unlikely on a new game, unless it is done by another mod you have installed). Using the SLA N hotkey should always fix the first problem (depending on your settings it may then take another minute to actually show on the widget), but if your arousal is blocked, nothing is going to change its value.

Are you using SexLab Aroused, or SexLab Aroused Redux? Is it up to date? Have you changed any settings from the defaults? Do you use other mods that might block or influence your arousal? Without information, your own guess is a lot better than anyone elses, including mine.

i downloaded the latest version it works now i dont know what version i was using but i know it was a old 1

I have two suggestions:

1) Creation of an ignore list for the scanner - In my case, I have Requiem and it has an invisible NPC named REQ_Stalker that is always on my scanner.  It's not game breaking but it does get annoying.

2) Option to not display NPCs below a certain number - It might just be nice if you are only interested in the NPCs who might be interested.

Re 1: I'm not sure how I would allow the user to configure this. Perhaps it would be better to just hardcode special NPCs like this into the widget, rather than letting the user configure them. Myself I have found a NPC like that called TweakFence (part of AFT I assume). So I could add an exclusion for NPCs called either TweakFence or REQ_Stalker directly into the scanner quest so that they will be ignored. If anyone has encountered any other special NPCs like this, please post them and I will have a look at adding an exclusion for them.

Re 2: See the Re: 1 answer to NeatLL's recent post.

Thanks for the response.  Would you have to add that filter in the script or could you do it as a condition on the quest somewhere?  I'm just curious because if it is on the quest itself, I could add filters myself.

EDIT:

I actually toyed around with this and made some personal changes that I wouldn't ask the mod maker to include, but other people might be interested in.  I made these changes to use the mod as a sort of sixth sense my character has about the pliable females in his vicinity.

It is in the scanner quest in the CK, on the aliases...

1) Added - SameSexAsPC != 1

This gives me only females

2) Changed - ActorTypeNPC condition, changed the OR to AND

This filtered out animals, which also happened to filter out REQ_Stalker, which is apparently a goat.

3) Changed - SLA_Arousal condition, set the value to 50

This filtered out anyone whose arousal was less than 50

The result is that within the given range of the mod, I now only get females NPCs who are above my threshhold.  Obviously this wouldn't work for everyone's purposes, but it is maybe a start.

It's not hard to filter out a certain gender or creature type. The hard part is to keep it configureable :)  I am still thinking about this, maybe I'll come up with a smart way to do it that doesn't clash with my evaluation of performance loss vs functionality gain.

The 3rd option is already in the test version with a configureable value.

"This filtered out animals, which also happened to filter out REQ_Stalker, which is apparently a goat."

That is just silly. I have no idea what this NPC is used for, but unless it actually has to walk around and look like a goat, making it a goat makes no sense to me. Perhaps you should write the Requiem author(s) instead and ask them to change this NPC to InvisibleRace which seems to be specifically intended for purposes like this (assuming it has to be an actor that is used for some kind of management purpose but doesn't actually exist as an NPC in the world, which I gathered from the earlier descriptions).

Ok so...here's a feature request that is (I think) well within the scope of this mod: A Threesome Indicator

There are several sexlab mods that restrict actions to only use actors above like 90% or such, most are configurable.

So I'd like an icon that appears only when 2-or-more actors above the needed percentage are nearby.  (Because honestly I'm loving the widget as it is now, but this is all I'm using it for, to find threesomes, anyway.)

And if you get bored, make a foursome icon too.

Ok so...here's a feature request that is (I think) well within the scope of this mod: A Threesome Indicator

There are several sexlab mods that restrict actions to only use actors above like 90% or such, most are configurable.

So I'd like an icon that appears only when 2-or-more actors above the needed percentage are nearby.  (Because honestly I'm loving the widget as it is now, but this is all I'm using it for, to find threesomes, anyway.)

And if you get bored, make a foursome icon too.

The widget is text only and I do not have sufficient shockwave flash skills to start adding icons to it, it took enough out of me to get the SWF part to work right in its current shape and form.

The next version will have a slider to configure the minimum arousal that an NPC needs to have to appear on the widget, so all you will need to do is to set that slider to the percentage needed for a threesome, and as soon as you see 3 (or more) names on the widget, you'll be good to go.

After a lot of puzzling with conditions and logical operator precedence, I am currently testing the following new features:

• Option to scan for only females, only males, or both
  • Option to scan for only humanoids, only creatures, or both
  • Option to filter for which types of NPCs the arousal is force calculated on first encounter: Never / Always / Unique NPCs only / Humanoids only / Creatures only (warning: may cause horny mudcrabs)
  • Slider to configure the minimum arousal value an NPC needs to have to show on the widget
  • Slider to configure the scanner range (256-2560 units, equal to roughly 4 to 38 meter)

Further the showing of mannequins and invisible NPCs on the widget has been fixed.

I'll be testing this tonight, if all works well I expect to release it tomorrow, unless I come up with other stuff to add before that.

• Option to filter for which types of NPCs the arousal is force calculated on first encounter: Never / Always / Unique NPCs only / Humanoids only / Creatures only (warning: may cause horny mudcrabs)

Somehow that left me thinking using the widget would cause mudcrabs to get horny. Do you have any idea how scary that thought is?

Somehow that left me thinking using the widget would cause mudcrabs to get horny. Do you have any idea how scary that thought is?

In a way it does (if you use the force arousal calculation option). Normally, you would not hang close enough to and long enough near a mudcrab for its arousal to be calculated by SLA before it killed you or you killed it. The widget can cause this calculation to happen much faster, and at longer range.

No need to be scared though, as far as I know there are no naughty animations for mudcrabs (as opposed to for wolves, giant spiders, sabretooths, dragons, zombies, trolls, werewolves... but those are of course nowhere near as scary as a crustacean that tastes well in butter :P )

Before using SLAM (way more catchy than SAMW) I have no idea Skyrim has so many horny chickens. -_-

Those too will be filtered out next release. The chicken race is actually the only creature race that is explicitly excluded in both SexLab and SexLab Aroused - in SLA's own scanner at least, you can still force them to have an arousal value by using the SLA hotkey, which is essentially what SLAM does if you have force arousal calculation turned on. I don't know if it's because of a poultry phobia or some incompatibility with the chicken race and the SexLab animation engine :D Unfortunately it means that many poor chicken are left horny with no way to find release. :dodgy:

I don't have time to update the post tonight (I'm a bit OCD that way, it takes me an hour), but I don't want to keep the new features from those eagerly following the thread, so attached to this post you will find the next version. Let's do what google does and call it a beta until I have time to properly update the post and download page.

To upgrade:

1. Install SLA Monitor Widget v1_3.7z to your Skyrim directory using your favourite method, overwriting the old files.

2. Load up your game, go to the Miscellaneous page of the SLA Monitor Widget MCM menu, and choose the "Reset widget to default" option. This will give you access to all the new MCM menu options.

3. If you ever unpacked a bsa file from an older version, make sure there are no old scripts left in your Data\Scripts folder.

Notes on the new options:

- The "NPC sex to scan for" (female/male/both) and "NPC type to scan for" (Humanoid/Creature/Both) options determine which NPCs will be scanned and shown on the widget. These options do not directly impact performance.

- The "Force NPC arousal calculation" now has a number of options, rather than just on/off setting it was before. "Never" is equivalent to the old off, and "All NPCs" is equivalent to the old on setting. The other settings are:

• Unique NPCs - forces SLA to calculate the arousal of all NPCs marked as unique. That's basically all NPCs with a unique name, like most of the settlement inhabitants, some named boss or quest NPCs, and the occasional named creature like the dogs Vigilance and Meeko, Shadowmere, Gleda the Goat, or Lis the spider in the DB sanctuary.
  • Humanoids - force arousal calculation of all newly encountered humanoid NPCs, including non unique ones like Bandits, Sorcerers, Necromancers.
  • Creatures - force arousal calculations of all creatures supported by SexLab and SexLab Aroused (that's all except chickens). This may include goats, mudcrabs, deer and a variety of other creatures for which no animations currently exist.

The "Never" setting is still offering the best performance, and the setting that SexLab Aroused purists should pick as it leaves the moment of first calculation of an arousal value entirely up to SexLab Aroused. The "Unique NPCs" is probably the best setting for most players, unless you have a mod that adds a lot of non-Unique NPCs meant for sexual interaction, in which case you can go for the "Humanoids" option. The "Creatures" option is for the Beastesses ;) In all cases, you can always use SexLab Aroused's own hotkey (N by default) to instantly force any NPCs arousal to be calculated.

Be sensible about what combination you pick for these options. It is possible to pick only humanoids for the first, and only creatures for the second, but that obviously wouldn't make much sense. It wouldn't break anything, but if you think that's a good setting then you probably should re-read how they work :)

Please report any bugs.

Main post and download page are updated. Official change log:

What's New in Version 1.3

Added option to only show NPCs with a certain minimum arousal value
    Added option to show females, males, or both
    Added option to show humanoids, creatures, or both
    Added filter options for force calculation of arousal value
    Added scanner range slider
    Fixed issue with chickens and invisible NPCs showing on the scanner

I'm wondering if arousal blocked NPCs are showing up for anyone else.  It's a very minor bug, but I just want to check if it's happening to anyone else.

Can you tell me exactly what settings you use for the options under "Miscellaneous options" and "Performance options" when you see this?

Edit: oh and also what their arousal number is shown as when they are displayed on the widget.

I'm wondering if arousal blocked NPCs are showing up for anyone else.  It's a very minor bug, but I just want to check if it's happening to anyone else.

Can you tell me exactly what settings you use for the options under "Miscellaneous options" and "Performance options" when you see this?

Edit: oh and also what their arousal number is shown as when they are displayed on the widget.

Humanoid, Female, Arousal 50

The arousal for arousal blocked NPCs is displayed accurately, which is -2.

Humanoid, Female, Arousal 50

The arousal for arousal blocked NPCs is displayed accurately, which is -2.

Thanks for the bug report, found the issue and fixed it. Maybe you'd be willing to test this version: SLA Monitor Widget.esp

This will fix the issue of blocked arousal NPCs showing, and also has some optimizations in the scanner quest reference alias conditions, saving a few clock cycles. Just overwrite the esp in your Skyrim\Data folder. No need to reset your SLAM settings, it works straight out of the box. I'm not releasing it quite yet as I have some script optimizations lined up for the BSA too, but those are independent from the esp changes so you can just upgrade to that when it's finished.