HDT and 7B?

jeti66

I recently reinstalled Skyrim, and i wanted to try HDT with 7B, but i realized that putting any armor on causes ctd. Wondering if this is due to the armor not supporting HDT? Also will any bbp or tbbp armors work with hdt, if not is there any way to make it compatible such as this thread or can i only use mods that come with hdt?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22938-add-hdt-breast-collision-physics-to-all-your-armor-with-just-1-armor/

If you are getting a CTD when putting on a BBP/TBBP armor chances are you are not using a compatible skeleton. There are the normal skeletons but there are also the first person skeletons that need to be correct as well. If you are using a custom race you need to place those skeletons into your custom races folders manually. 

From the step by step setup thread.

Known Issues No breast movement make sure that you have put hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml in the /data/skse/plugins along side the plugin dll. Reread the Step By Step above. **Crash to desktop? You must have a TBBP compatible skeleton. Without it, you will ctd,** usually when disrobing, perhaps at other times depending on your install. Reread the Step By Step above. Crash to desktop and have RaceMenu installed? Make sure you are using RaceMenu v2.15 or newer. Older versions of nioverride.dll will cause HDT to crash randomly. Other problems? Please gather as much detail as possible and make a new post in the forum.

I recently reinstalled Skyrim, and i wanted to try HDT with 7B, but i realized that putting any armor on causes ctd. Wondering if this is due to the armor not supporting HDT? Also will any bbp or tbbp armors work with hdt, if not is there any way to make it compatible such as this thread or can i only use mods that come with hdt?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22938-add-hdt-breast-collision-physics-to-all-your-armor-with-just-1-armor/

Hey,

I don't exactly know what's wrong with your game setup, but I can definitly confirm that HDT and SeveNBase play well alongside each other, because I just installed that very setup today XD

If you have time, check out the HDT physics FAQ in my signature, perhaps you can find your answer there.

Generally speaking: if HDT simply does nothing, it's usually a bone weight issue (i.e. your mesh doesn't support BBP). If you are getting a CTD, in 99% of all cases you're using the wrong skeleton - which one are you using? And if you happen to use XP32MS, which version?. Absolutely ANY armor that supports BBP or TBBP is compatible with HDT PE as well.

What's really odd about your problem is that you get the CTD when you put armor *on*. What kind of armor is it? Are you sure that the crash is caused by HDT PE, and not by the armor mod itself (i.e. does it still crash after disabling HDT in Mod Organizer)? 

Hope this helps a bit...

Alan

Archived