LAPF Enhanced 1st Person Skeleton

Hi there,

you said you waited for UVIII user reports and i have to say everything seems to work fine on my end. I am using your updated Skeleton, no need for the idle_recovery file so far. I have only recently started playing/modding again, so i am not deep into the game, but everything i have seen works fine. In addition to UVIII i am also using Oblivion Reloaded with the 1st person Camera it uses and it also seems to be working well together.

Just thought i add that here. Thanks for your hard work!

Hi there,

you said you waited for UVIII user reports and i have to say everything seems to work fine on my end. I am using your updated Skeleton, no need for the idle_recovery file so far. I have only recently started playing/modding again, so i am not deep into the game, but everything i have seen works fine. In addition to UVIII i am also using Oblivion Reloaded with the 1st person Camera it uses and it also seems to be working well together.

Just thought i add that here. Thanks for your hard work!

Ezcellent - that's great to hear. I'll update the description and the readme. Thank you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

@ Superiece - Curious. Have you added Realistic Physics and Force to these and what were the results in-game, if yes? (I don't use a buttock bone based skel, yet...)

Or is it simply not applicable here as this is a 1st Person Skel, which happens to be used in in 3rd person view by this small set of MODs?

@ Superiece - Curious. Have you added Realistic Physics and Force to these and what were the results in-game, if yes? (I don't use a buttock bone based skel, yet...)

Or is it simply not applicable here as this is a 1st Person Skel, which happens to be used in in 3rd person view by this small set of MODs?

You're right - RFF doesn't work with 1st person skeletons (either normal or 'enhanced') because they rely on the 3rd person skeleton for game physics.

And no need to avoid this just because you don't use buttock bone animations - unused bones are just ignored (unlike body and clothes meshes where the shape changes).

I have to add to my previous post as i have narrowed down problems with Oblivion Reloaded to the enhanced skeleton (but only if you use UV3 as well). With the one 1.1 the camera angle was off the center. I mean the reticle was to the right and slightly below from where you thought the center was, making it difficult to aim correctly. 

I will try if 1.2 fixes this as well!

Quick question about UV3 and LAPF in general, do we even need to use the skeletons from UV3, or do the ones from LAPF work well for amputations, etc? I ask because i looked at them in NifSkope and they seem identical, except that LAPF has a boner bone of course ;)

@gregahit, thanks for confirming that, seemed to me like it should work.

however, back to the other problem with the Enhanced 1st Person and Oblivion Reloaded 4.0.0 (and earlier, it happened with 3.4.2 as well). I am attaching a pic to show how far off center the reticle is with the Enhanced installed. If i do not install it all is fine, not sure if i would need it though with UV3. Idle_Recovery.kf does not help by the way.

post-208-0-48766300-1459569362_thumb.jpg

however, back to the other problem with the Enhanced 1st Person and Oblivion Reloaded 4.0.0 (and earlier, it happened with 3.4.2 as well). I am attaching a pic to show how far off center the reticle is with the Enhanced installed. If i do not install it all is fine, not sure if i would need it though with UV3. Idle_Recovery.kf does not help by the way.

Are you using OR's Camera Mode? I see others are reporting what sounds like the same off-center reticule. If so, try disabling it in the OR ini and see what happens. You can always use Enhanced Camera for a 1st-Person body.

If that's not it, and since you've already tried it both with and without the Idle_Recovery.kf, the next thing is to try it with the 1st person skeleton that comes with LAPF to see if it behaves the same. (It's also available as a separate download with my enhanced skeleton.) Remember to remove the Idle_Recovery.kf first

Let me know and we'll go from there. Thanks for reporting this.

@Supierce, thank you for the hard work on this.

I have been using OR's camera mode, also turned it off, also used Enhanced Camera instead. Let me sum it up. It does work with OR Camera Off and Enhanced Camera, however if i then look down on my body i am off to the left (so my body is to the right). If i edit the ini file for OR, and move the camera, same result. 

Without OR Camera there seems no need for the Enhanced 1st person skeleton at all.

With Enhanced Camera, OR camera off and enhanced 1st person skeleton some animations get messed up (like torch out of my face) and dialogue zooms in way too much (sometimes, not always, i have no save outside the prison currently to test that), and i have not quite figured out how to correct that. But the reticle is in the right place

It is not that big of a deal, but i like looking down my own body, and since i have discovered that i would miss it. 

EDIT: Ahh, wait, i think i have never actually tested this setup without just the Enhanced Skeleton and only the LAPF... let me go back in and see :)

EDIT2: Yes, with UV3+LAPF+OR you do not seem to need the Enhanced Skeleton at all. Seems the one from LAPF works fine. Weird. Since with just UV3+LAPF i needed yours.

EDIT2: Yes, with UV3+LAPF+OR you do not seem to need the Enhanced Skeleton at all. Seems the one from LAPF works fine. Weird. Since with just UV3+LAPF i needed yours.

Okay - thanks for letting me know. I'm glad you solved it! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@Supierce you might know something about this, so I figured I'd ask. I use the Enhanced Camera OBSE plugin that allows 3rd Person animations to play in 1st Person. However, certain items -- like a large backpack from MOO that's equipped to the Amulet slot or large wings -- heavily obstruct my view when I'm moving backward, because my 3rd Person movement animation has the character turn around to move back instead of just walking backward. Can you think of any way to "toggle" the amulet slot's visibility in 1st Person, or would the only way to control it be to disable the visibility of whatever bones it's skinned to?

As you've discovered, it's really a problem with the animation. Your last option would work if you can find a way to do it, but much better to find a WalkBackward, WalkLeft, and WalkRight that do so facing forward. Also, be sure your first-person and third-person animations aren't conflicting.

• 6 months later...

Hello @Supierce, 

After testing out your mod, while using the 3rd person animations in 1st person mod to make your skeleton work, the lapf animations are still being shown from a 3rd person perspective. To clarify, I'm using the enhanced lapf skeleton with the enhanced camera OBSE plugin. I'll double check to make sure that I'm not screwing anything up and will make it known if, or when, I find a solution.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Supierce said:

DragonGT, try copying LAPF's Idle2 folder from Data\Meshes\Characters\_Male\Idleanims to Data\Meshes\Characters\_1stPerson\Idleanims. I suspect that's the problem, but let me know if that doesn't solve it.

@Supierce , from a 9/21 extracted download of, what I believe to be, the current LAPF release, in a folder labeled "Lapf extracted", here's the current directory I have for a folder named "ani2", which I'm assuming is  the  "Idle2" folder that you're referring to. Lapf extracted>meshes>characters>_male>Idleanims>ani2. I copied and pasted the whole ani2 folder so the structure could be as such in my data directory: Data>meshes>characters>_1stperson>{created a new folder named this} Idleanims>ani2.

I'll test my game out to see if this solves my problem. If my "ani2" folder isn't the "idle2" folder I'm supposed to have, please share the appropriate folder or direct me to where I can acquire the appropriate folder, it would be very appreciated.

Thank you and good afternoon

Yes, it's ani2 not idle2. That was my fault for going too fast.

With 3rd Person Animation in 1st Person View, all 3rd-person animations also need to be in the _1stPerson folder, using the original directory structure. What you did is exactly right.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, Supierce said:

Yes, it's ani2 not idle2. That was my fault for going too fast.

With 3rd Person Animation in 1st Person View, all 3rd-person animations also need to be in the _1stPerson folder, using the original directory structure. What you did is exactly right.

@Supierce For some reason, maybe it's because I'm using duke Patrick's combat magic, archery, and no recoil melee combat mod, the skeleton *barely* works. Considering how the files aren't even in the same directories, and there's no confliction from what I understand, the mods should be fully compatible. I'm even using one of the many special combat animation mods on the mod nexus, and those are synchronizing with the 3rd person animations in 1st person mod. Getting back to the point, when I say that the skeleton barely works, I mean that the LAPF animations, almost all of the time, will start off from 1st person, then I'll be ejected to 3rd person. Funny how that works since every time that my PC eats a body as a werewolf or drinks blood, the camera stays in a first person perspective. From the discussions you've had with others about trouble shooting your skeleton, I know there's something wrong that I'm doing, I just have yet to figure it out. I tried putting the "mb" folder from Lapf, but that did nothing. Am I missing an elder scrolls plugin or something? I'll just attach my load order so you can try to see where in the hell I'm screwing up at. My "Data" folder for my Oblivion is over 10GB any, so sharing it with you here is a no go. 

Thanks for your continued help!

Edit: Good god, the fucking data folder is a whopping 27.2GB.

Load order for tes IV Oblivion.rtf

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, fejeena said:

DragonGT  sort your load order!

Have you set archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection ?

Read my yellow Link below. Load order and archive invalidate .....

Hello @fejeena, 

Here's proof of the Bsa redirection. I also adjusted my load order using BOSS, then moved things to the places where they should be based on what each esp does to my game. I doubt there's a list for the 25 esps that BOSS doesn't recognize. I'll run oblivion once I have TES4Edit does it's comb over just incase I missed master esps  when I resorted my load order through BOSS.

Thank you

Proof of BSA redirection Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...

Seems I am getting CTDs often when I try to use this for Enhanced Camera and OR. But I already have a problem with attack animations, where they keep restarting before they finish, and my weapon gets re-equipped every time I load a save - this problem I don't know the cause of, and it could be conflicting with the skeleton/EC.

The CTDs are stuck in a save so I've had to go back prior to when I installed the skeleton and EC, at least as far as I can tell so far, because I would rarely get CTDs before.