Just got Skyrim - What mods are core?

Reine

As the title says, I just (finally) got my hands on Skyrim, and figure I should get the major mods right off the bat.

I already know SkyUI and SKSE are pretty much absolute musts for pretty much any mods, and of course the unofficial patches, but that's about it. Not really looking for big content mods right off the bat, mainly just want the important stuff; body texture/meshes(guessing CBBE is the norm for female, but no idea about male), SKSE plugins, and the like.

For all Mods they includes new Animations you need this:

FNIS - Fores New Idles in Skyrim

In the Adult-Section:

SexLab Animation Framework

Zaz Animation Pack

SexLab Aroused

SexLab Defeat

SexLab Submit

My favorit Body-Mods:

Schongs of Skyrim for Male-Characters

CBBE for Females

In Addition:

Apachii Sky Hair

To use all Features of both Body-Mods you need a Custom-Skeleton.

I prefer this

To have more than 1 Follower, you can install this:

AFT - Amazing Follower Tweak

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

EFF - Extensible Follower Framework

Choose only one of them! My Favorite is AFT.

To make the Gameplay more realistic and epic:

Epic Gameplay Overhaul

EGO is a Modpack that includes:

Civil War Overhaul

Dragon Combat Overhaul

Fire and Ice Overhaul

Combat Drama Overhaul

Epic Music Overhaul

Important Information Overhaul

for better Graphic:

RealVision ENB

ATTENTION: Look at the Requirements of all Mods!!!

Heyho:

First of all: Directly start to use Mod Organizer as mod managment tool. Has many great advantages compared to NMM and manual installation.

Then, work through S.T.E.P., this gives you a nice base for a more stable (and better looking) Skyrim. After this, to find good non adult gameplay mods I would suggest to take a look at GEMS.

These two sites, especially STEP let you build up a really nice base for some stuff of this site, or some less adult gaming.

Now, at the list, there will be mods of the Nexus (N) or Loverslab (LL):

Body overhauls

- female: "CBBE" (N) oder "UNP(B)" (N) are the two biggest ones. Personal taste, but once chosen it's not that easy to change it afterwards

- male: "Schlongs Of Skyrim" (LL), the only one imho

- creatures: "More Nasty Critters" (LL) is an epic package that provides Schlongs for most of the creatures of Skyrim. "Better Shaped Female Creatures" has some nice variants of the female counterparts.

- And you REALLY should install a custom skeleton, either "XPMS" (N) or "XPMSE" (LL) I recommend the latter.

Basics for some fun

- "Sexlab Framework" (LL) which really is just a framework, so it doesn't do anything by itself

- "ZaZ Animation Package" (LL) which provides a larger amount of animations and also is needed by many mods

- For some less forced sex "Spouces Enhanced" (LL) or "Radiant Prostitution tweaked" (LL) are two good ones, for rapes there are "Sanguines Debauchery Enhanced" (LL) and "Defeat" (LL) as two good examples

- If you want some BDSM there is a framwork splitted in three parts "Devious Devices - Assets", " - Intergration" and " - Expansion" (all LL). They provide some equpment.

These mods (of course you need their reqirements, too ^^) will add the adult basis. From there on you can expand with custom races, beautification mods, and of course add-ons to the SL and the DD Framework (so SexLab and Devious Devices ;))

Have fun

Thanks for all the suggestions. Dunno if I'll use STEP, as I'm unsure how much I can push Skyrim quality-wise(I don't exactly have a great computer to play it on), but I will probably grab at least some of the mods they list. Will also go through that massive list that is GEMS as well.

Already planned on using Mod Organizer/Loot (even though I was just getting used to OBMM/Wrye..).

I knew of SoS, but thought there was a full body replacer(like Robert's for Obliv). And I'll get to the adult stuff in due time :P

But my god, modding Skyrim seems so much more intense than Obliv. Guess that's a good thing, once I get used to it all...

SKSE 1.7

LOOT

TES5EDIT

Mod Organiser

HDT

Fnis

Hehe, yeah that's what I'd call the core of this game. All the other stuff is so much ctd, stutter and freeze fodder without these. 

And for the really good stuff, follow STEP core - more now than ever, it's the way to fly. 

I would recommend for you to play the game through without any mods. From there you have a good basis that shows you what parts of the game you wan't to improve and change them to your liking, since there are almost limitless variations of mods.

But if you wan't to install the mods (and in my opionon to ruin the very 1st playthrough), you can just take heed of what has already been told.  :)

I would recommend for you to play the game through without any mods. From there you have a good basis that shows you what parts of the game you wan't to improve and change them to your liking, since there are almost limitless variations of mods.

But if you wan't to install the mods (and in my opionon to ruin the very 1st playthrough), you can just take heed of what has already been told.   :)

That's pretty much what I'm planning on doing, but I at least want to get the stuff to make the game a little nicer, like UI tweaks, the body textures, and stuff that makes playing the game a tad nicer (and of course to have what I need for everything to run smoothly). The serious stuff will come later.

So if you really want a Vanilla gameplay for your 1st playthrough, I'd recommend you only to use STEP Core (the ones with a green mark before at the STEP list).

This only changes optical stuff, some bugfixes, and a very bit of gameplay (like "how it should have been").

And if your computer not is the fastest, then just do STEP until the end of Step 2.E and jump straight to 2.L and do to the end. This will miss any of the graphical updates and so it will be much more convenient on a slow computer. Or you can try to use DDsopt, this should boost the graphics, so you can use them.

Out of all of the good Skyrim hair mods, you decided to choose Apachii. Like, why.

Why.

Anyways use the following instead.

SG Hairpack 268 (Google it)

KS Hairdo (Soon to beat SG Hairpack in terms of quantity)

Morten's hairs

Kijiko Hair (Anime-style hairs)

Also don't forget to use this gem. It allows you to use hundreds of hair without having your computer melt from loading all of them at once.

Oh and use this for expressions. Goddamn Bethesda.

Like was said already, if you plan on playing the game first time, avoid any heavy game changing stuff for now. Get your first experience done, then worry about heavy modding later.

As for core stuff, here's what I would recommend.

-Unofficial Patches. Fixes your bugs and such.

-IpHUD. This is just personal preference to me. Most like Gopher's hud, but I like the layout of IpHUD more. Option 1 no fade, compass on bottom.

-SkyUI. A much cleaner inventory interface. This is always a must have. Especially if you plan on heavy modding later, as a bunch of mods rely on this.

-ShowRaceMenu PreCache Killer. If you plan on using a ton of hair mods, get this little mod. It prevents CTD from changing your hair.

-Bookshelves Updated SKSE Script. This fixes books, on well, bookshelves. If you're a decorator, and like filling up those bookcases, get this.

-Brawl Bugs Patch. Sometimes brawls can end up in an assault. Which is bad. This fixes it.

-Fuz Ro D-oh. Silent voice patch. Several mods use custom dialogue. This makes it so that dialogue doesn't fly past.

-Multiple Floors Sandboxing. Tired of followers or npcs staying on one floor of the house? This fixes it and allows them to wander everywhere. Great immersion mod.

There is tons of optional stuff to make things prettier or easier, but I'll leave all that to you. For a nice vanilla run through of the game, these are some good basics to start out with. As for stuff like hair, DobMC has it right. Only use Apachii Hair if you have a mod that requires it. There is so many better ones out there. For your body stuff, choose what you like. There is tons of bodies out there, with tons of support. Sevenbase gets a lot of support here I've noticed, but that doesn't mean that UNP, UNPB, CBBE, ADEC, etc are bad bodies either. They have tons of support as well on Nexus, and even here are several threads dedicated to them (I'm a UNPB fan myself). For males, SoS is the way to go. Or Better Males if you want something more basic. For your skeleton, no other place but right here on LL in the HDT download section. Get the XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended from here. Best skeleton out there.

On a side note, check out HDT High Heel System as well. If you plan on downloading armors and clothing a lot, it might be necessary to pick that up. Seems a lot of mods lately require it.

But hope that helps. Enjoy your vanilla experience before you start with all the heavy stuff. :)

Archived