A little TV-Commercial to brighten your dark hearts and souls...

jxm

Now usually TV-ads are...obnoxious and I can't be fast enough with the remote to get rid of them and switch channels. But this one...I like it. I really do. I am a cynical person to the bone, but somehow the message delievered by this spot (for a building-materials-market!!!) is making me smile everytime. A short 45 sec movie that says a lot without words...

So for all non-germans I wanted to share it...and black truly is a wonderful colour (well, not really but who cares!)

So for all non-germans I wanted to share it...and black truly is a wonderful colour (well, not really but who cares!)

Come on, you know that black is a wonderful color ^^. Still funny add

Now scientifically its not a real colour, that's what I meant :D However, also scientifically black is "the absence of all light" ... which actually is a whole lot cooler anyway... :cool:

I like that ad. I think she looks a lot like my housemate, which is why I often tease on whether she's going to paint her room black. She's lightly autistic so she usually doesn't get it. I hope she doesn't take it as a hint and actually goes to paint part of my house black. ;) The ad is a lot on dutch television currently.

Now scientifically its not a real colour, that's what I meant :D However, also scientifically black is "the absence of all light" ... which actually is a whole lot cooler anyway... :cool:

I thought scientifically, the color black is the absorption of all visible light making the object appear black which is why black things heat up faster than any other color, which could also translate philosophically as making black, not as the color of loneliness or depravity, but as the color of acceptance and bonding. At least that's how I view black against the stereotypical emo-view most people have against black clothing.

Then again most of my clothing is black, dark grey, or just a darker blue or red. And I look good in it :D People say I look like a boss when I have my plain black v-neck and darker jeans on.

And black in the absence of light is not a color because there are no colors in a no light situation.

Now the color white, is the reflecting of ALL visible light colors making it actually the color that should symbolize narcissism, fundamentalism, and arrogance.

But that's just my two cents.

Also

That's one great father.

I thought scientifically, the color black is the absorption of all visible light making the object appear black which is why black things heat up faster than any other color, which could also translate philosophically as making black, not as the color of loneliness or depravity, but as the color of acceptance and bonding. At least that's how I view black against the stereotypical emo-view most people have against black clothing.

Then again most of my clothing is black, dark grey, or just a darker blue or red. And I look good in it :D People say I look like a boss when I have my plain black v-neck and darker jeans on.

And black in the absence of light is not a color because there are no colors in a no light situation.

Now the color white, is the reflecting of ALL visible light colors making it actually the color that should symbolize narcissism, fundamentalism, and arrogance.

But that's just my two cents.

Also

That's one great father.

Black just doesn't want to be part of all the conformist colours. :P

edit: that came out REALLY wrong...

Archived