Sexout Intimacy

Try dismissing him if he's hired and check the console for debug.  Currently companion hires are disabled until I can better account for companion hires (do some actual testing one by one).

If the Charon mod you're using puts any restrictions on him (Actor Reserved List, NX:NotNow, Banned Actor List, Restricted Cell), he'll be ignored by the system.

If they aren't banned, and you turn customization on, they'll display the customize dialog option.  Give them a couple minutes to run through the system if they're included and don't display dialog.  It takes the esp 30 seconds or so to catch up to the esm when you first meet them. Reset is like meeting fresh and may take even longer.  Compatibles have priority for processing, Incompatibles take a back seat, expect them to take longer.  Game Pace is fast by default.

I'm fixing a bunch of broken stuff in the latest copy too btw (Pacer hook is broken, Garret booking is broken but already fixed).  Soon.

EDIT:  OK figured it out I think. Enabling shaders in Spunk crashes sex on redress for some reason.  Probably need to start a fresh save.  New copy otw.

EDIT EDIT: Update in the OP.  Fixed a ton of broken stuff.  Also added a few small things.

Edited by t3589

Always clean save, or only necessary when you say so?

If I recommend it, then you should try it if you have problems.  If I require it, something has changed that will absolutely effect the mod/game.  A lot of the time though I'll leave bits in that account for changes for a few versions so you don't have to start over.  So if you make a big leap in versions beware.

It was casual dialog, I've been getting it twice now for quite some time. Also, for some reason I got a cheat rumour, I denied it and then got the serial bigamist perk.

There also needs to be a "not here, follow me" option to the Sex part. I had a few dates with one NPC, which eventually led to sex. I flirted with two different NPCs, and that's when I got the "cheat" rumour, which seems a bit harsh if you're not in a relationship and haven't cheated. He then gave me the evil eye, so I reckon there is something wrong, as he now has negative reactions to pretty much everything I do.

Also, I "auditioned" with Garret at the Wrangler - what does that do?

It was casual dialog, I've been getting it twice now for quite some time. Also, for some reason I got a cheat rumour, I denied it and then got the serial bigamist perk.

There also needs to be a "not here, follow me" option to the Sex part. I had a few dates with one NPC, which eventually led to sex. I flirted with two different NPCs, and that's when I got the "cheat" rumour, which seems a bit harsh if you're not in a relationship and haven't cheated. He then gave me the evil eye, so I reckon there is something wrong, as he now has negative reactions to pretty much everything I do.

Also, I "auditioned" with Garret at the Wrangler - what does that do?

Bigamist Perk?  Weird.  I think there was a bigamist perk way back in pre-alpha.  Are you sure you're not loading both the old with the new?  That's what it sounds like.  This release (the one in the download section) has never had a bigamist perk.  That would also explain the duplicate dialogs.

All rumors in this alpha copy are personal.  They are not carried by the PC, but by the individual NPC.  So if you get any rumor, just remember that only that NPC will think that about you.  The best way around rumors is of course, to ignore them.  Works every single time (though they might get pissy about being ignored, they won't believe the rumor either.).

Shows:

- meet the requirements.

- audition will show up.

- perform a show on stage (the actual audition).

- after audition, talk to the proprietor again.

- then you can book a show once per day.

- once booked, shows can be performed any time after dark.

- different establishments will have different outfit/char/? requirements.

That's as far as I've gotten currently.  I'd love to figure out a good way to dim the lights at some point too.

Thanks T,

I only have this version installed, none other. It is also a clean save. I'm paraphrasing with the bigamist, but it was something along those lines.

The dual lines differ only in that the 1st one doesn't have the "fool around" option in activities but the 2nd one does. Not sure if that helps or not.

That's definitely from the old release.  There has never been a 'fool around' dialog line in this download, and there are no perks currently.  Maybe the old one is wrapped up in a merge?  If it isn't that, then I would say the save has bits of the pre-alpha still hanging around.  In which case, that save is pretty much toast unfortunately.

Always welcome. Anytime.

Hi T,

Just a few things. I tried version 31 yesterday for a few hours. I was in a relationship (well, 3 dates with someone in Primm) and then after only getting negative responses I went to Freeside and solicited. Put on "looks like a prostitute" and revealing, sexy/slutty clothing. Got lots of looks, hits, lets parties and rumours, denied all the easy lay/gold digger ones, confirmed the prostitute/dancer/stripper ones, and may have said yes once or twice to "unknown whore" (loved that by the way, what exactly is it/does it do?)

Thing is, every time I got a "sex offer" I'd say "pay me" and practically 12/12 times I got rejections. Seems a little high given that I spent about 4-5 ingame days there. 

Also, one of the "lets party" sex options leads to "gential here" which is a typo. Oh, and what does "work for the door" mean in relation to asking for payment at the Wrangler?

Going to play some more and I'll give you more feedback when I'm done.

EDIT: OK, tried it again with a clean save, new character, and pretty much the same problem - only rejections for pay for sex. 

One thing I was thinking is that some times it can get quite confusing remembering which characters are which given that some mods like rePopulated Wasteland makes them look identical. What if the player had a "give nickname" option to change the NPC's name to something recognisable? I know A.J has that function with her Nina mod, so it is possible.

Also, I find it far too easy to brush off coercion and rape attempts. I have something like a strength 5 agility 6 character and I can't remember the last time I was ever overpowered. Actually, scratch that, it happened in this playthrough and I got (Slow) but I actually got the chance to resist again and won the 2nd time. It feels strange that I can overpower all the NPCs in the game. I think this needs to be nerfed somewhat.

Oh, and I have 6-7 perception, and I always spot people sneaking on me. Can there be an element of random chance involved, or have the perceptive test upped a little? I feel my character isn't particularly gifted in the perception department and yet she has preternatural senses when it comes to sensing people sneaking on her.

Anyway, that's all for now. 

Great feedback CK.  Much appreciated!

I'll try to work some of those things in and fix the broken stuff.  Right now I'm trying to push hard towards a beta copy.  I don't have time to go into all of the details atm.  But the current plan is:

- Merge everything needed into the esm.

- Get the esp ready for editing by dialog authors.

- Release/Test

- Move to beta and open up real dialog additions.

I'll need a few days to go through all the dialog placeholders.  Bear with me.  A lot of the things you mentioned are already fixed.  I agree on the nicknames (I have trouble remembering them myself).  I'll address your issues one by one when I post this next copy.  Might be a few days, and expect a required clean save.

Hi T,

Just a few things. I tried version 31 yesterday for a few hours. I was in a relationship (well, 3 dates with someone in Primm) and then after only getting negative responses I went to Freeside and solicited. Put on "looks like a prostitute" and revealing, sexy/slutty clothing. Got lots of looks, hits, lets parties and rumours, denied all the easy lay/gold digger ones, confirmed the prostitute/dancer/stripper ones, and may have said yes once or twice to "unknown whore" (loved that by the way, what exactly is it/does it do?)

Thing is, every time I got a "sex offer" I'd say "pay me" and practically 12/12 times I got rejections. Seems a little high given that I spent about 4-5 ingame days there. 

The trick to prostitution is in creating patrons.  It has nothing to do with how you look, and everything to do with accepting money/goods in exchange for sex.  Once you've created at least one patron, prostitution is enabled.

Method One: Acquire three lovers.  This unlocks the 'ask for gift' dialog during foreplay.  Simply select 'stop sex' to interrupt foreplay.  If that doesn't drive them off, then select 'Present'.  If they accept, they'll continue with foreplay.  Once they have agreed to give you a present, you may A. stop sex a second time and ask them to give the present first (risky), or B. Continue with sex to completion and hope they make good.

Either way, if an exchange occurs, that NPC has just become a patron.

Method Two:  Confirm a prostitute rumor.  It's not the confirmation of the rumor that makes you a prostitute.  Though any NPC you confirm will think you're a prostitute.  This does not make them a patron.  Again, the focus is on the exchange of money/goods for sex.  To create patrons through rumors, the NPC must ask for sex in response to your confirmation.  Then the PC must have sex with that NPC in exchange for money/goods.  Once completed, that NPC will then become a patron.

Method Three: The easiest way to become a prostitute, is to perform at one of the clubs.  Right now only Atomic Wrangler is in.  Every NPC who stands and applauds during your show, who are also marked as 'providers' just became patrons (actually a sub-patron so to speak, these are your FANS).  Fans count towards patrons for the purposes of unlocking prostitution.

In any case, the best way to test if you can prostitute or not, is to open the control terminal and look for the customize wages setting.  If you see it there, you have patrons/potential patrons somewhere in the game.  If it isn't displayed, the PC is not yet experienced enough for career prostitution.

Also, Gold Digger is a positive for prostitutes.  Combined with prostitute, this rumor allows prostitutes to gain respect.  Without it, prostitutes may loose respect.

Also, one of the "lets party" sex options leads to "gential here" which is a typo. Oh, and what does "work for the door" mean in relation to asking for payment at the Wrangler?

Good catch ty.  Fixed for next copy.

One thing I was thinking is that some times it can get quite confusing remembering which characters are which given that some mods like rePopulated Wasteland makes them look identical. What if the player had a "give nickname" option to change the NPC's name to something recognisable? I know A.J has that function with her Nina mod, so it is possible.

I'll add this to my todo list.  I want this too.

Also, I find it far too easy to brush off coercion and rape attempts. I have something like a strength 5 agility 6 character and I can't remember the last time I was ever overpowered. Actually, scratch that, it happened in this playthrough and I got (Slow) but I actually got the chance to resist again and won the 2nd time. It feels strange that I can overpower all the NPCs in the game. I think this needs to be nerfed somewhat.

If you find it easy to brush off, they aren't rape attempts.  Here's the breakdown.  Level 1 Stalkers are not rapists.  Level 2 Stalkers are rapists.  The difference between level 1 and 2, would be the difference between let's say, a sexist/date rapist/workplace sexual harassment and a convicted violent serial rapist.

The first is easier to deal with.  As long as you aren't completely defenseless you can generally make them piss off.  The second on the other hand will not back down so easily and often work in groups (which makes them harder to overpower/evade).

Currently, most of the violent gangs are set to level 2.   only the violent gangs have level 2 among them (potentially),  ie. PGs/Legion/Fiends.

Oh, and I have 6-7 perception, and I always spot people sneaking on me. Can there be an element of random chance involved, or have the perceptive test upped a little? I feel my character isn't particularly gifted in the perception department and yet she has preternatural senses when it comes to sensing people sneaking on her.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here?  You mean remove the sneaking suspicion message indicator?

EDIT: The unknown whore/stud are tied to iconic fame, which is unfinished.  So the 'unknown whore/stud' rumor is simply level one of iconic fame.  As you screw your way through the wasteland, you will rise in fame via these kinds of rumors.  These will culminate with 'Bride/Groom of the Wastes' title, in which you become a sex symbol (Don Juan/Brigitte Bardot).

Each level will have unlocks, benefits, and possibly special moves.  Currently, the unknown whore makes that NPC a fan (beauty/looks will matter less to that NPC.).

Edited by t3589

Posted transitional copy.  Forward facing towards beta.  There's bound to be a lot of broken stuff.  I tested on a clean save and most of the relationships picked up right where they were.  However, I lost things like booked shows and dates.  The game runs SO much smoother now.

I've since gone back to a fresh start to test from fresh.  Because of that, I'm releasing this transitional copy now because if I wait, it would take me at least a week to thoroughly test everything.  Expect a flurry of updates in the next few days as I find and fix things.

EDIT: There's still a lot of work to do, but dialog modders are encouraged to go ahead and take a peek at the esp.  Building and adding dialog to the system, while still unfinished, is finally starting to take shape.

EDIT EDIT: @CK - I forgot to mention.  You can check debug for... Spend = Cash amount they are willing to spend (if this is zero, they will say no to sex for money)., Wealth = How much wealth the NPC has available to them., and SexRate = The amount the NPC expects to pay for the PCs services (can be doubled by haggling).

Edited by t3589

Uploaded a new one with some neat additions.  The renamer is hilarious.  I renamed a Goodspring Settler to 'Larry'.  Also added an intimacy setting, this is the max level of intimacy an NPC can acquire.  ie. Whatever you set it at they cannot go beyond.  Set it to Lovers, and they will never be anything more than lover.  Set it to Partner, and they can never be anything more than partner.  Set it to Friend Zone, and they get tossed into the friend zone.  Set to Full, means they can move through the full range of commitments.

If you only clean save to this copy you may get a lot of NPCs stuck in the friend zone and you'll have to use the customization terminal to set them back.

More testing needed.

Cool! I cannot try this until tomorrow night, but...Cool!

A question: I have a savegame with this mod installed but not activated the tracker yet. Do I need to clean save?

If you haven't clicked 'start now', you should be fine.  Though it depends upon how far back you go.  Starting with 1101 there have been some massive changes.  1101-1102 are extremely broken.  This latest copy 1103 should get us back on track.