Torpedo Tits: Is there a true fix?

Monsto Brukes

I know I keep asking, but it's never gone away. If there is a true fix, I've never read it. It's a common enough question that a faq entry is loong overdue. And that's on me, so I'm trying to alleviate that deficiency.

To be clear, my experience is that Torpedo Tits (TT or tt) is where the naked player rack juts significantly forward, but look normal while clothed in outfits.

Is this a consistent observation?? (if you're going to reply, please address this question.) 

I've been told that using CT77 Body + XPMSE fixes it. My experience is that it flips the problem over... that juggs are normal when naked, but flattened out significantly while clothed. 

So . . . if someone knows, please enlighten me.

1. what's the real cause?
    I don't mean the mix of mods, i mean the skeletal/nif/mesh problem.
  2. what's the real fix?
    If there is a fix, please take a moment to Explain Like I'm 5 a step by step. A button list will be fine. A deep explain of bones/joints isn't required, I just want to avoid the typical "all you have to do is" kinda paragraph.

This might help shed some light I guess

I just wanted to mention that the newest version of bodyslide already has the new XPMS 2.0+ versions, so all you have to do to convert the old skeletons is merely open up the old mesh and export it again, and it'll update to the new skeletons. Of course you gotta do this for all the body / torso meshes.

At least, that's how I fixed my 7BO body for those weird breast shapes I was getting :D

This might help shed some light I guess

I just wanted to mention that the newest version of bodyslide already has the new XPMS 2.0+ versions, so all you have to do to convert the old skeletons is merely open up the old mesh and export it again, and it'll update to the new skeletons. Of course you gotta do this for all the body / torso meshes.

At least, that's how I fixed my 7BO body for those weird breast shapes I was getting :D

I don't know what that means.

Where is it from? what's the context? what was the original question?

I can't make documentation based on that.

Yea, this thread reminded me that i promised to update that guide with pics and stuff.

Actually, I think it's good enuf atm. All it needs is a little love.

OS might could use some pics, but none of my tutes have pics and nobody has ever asked for them (i is a colleg graduit). so long as the text directions are exact, it'll be fine.

I'll try to get to it early this week. I'm going to be on a 2wk push at work, but i should have a cpl hrs to throw at it.

1. Move your installed skeletonfemale.nif to your Bodyslide's /res folder. Rename it to anything you want (ex: newskeletonfemale.nif)

2. Open bodyslide config.xml, edit the Animation line that points to skeleton your new skeleton.

1. Load template mesh as reference

2. Load actual body mesh

3. Select body mesh on the right hand side

4. Select 'Copy all weights'

5. Export

While this works, I wouldn't suggest doing it that way. Instead of replacing Outfit Studio's default skeleton which is XPMSE 2.06 currently, you should keep it to fix your meshes with it as it is and/or should be the new standard.

I'm also not sure if copying weights is required in OS to fix the breasts. LaEspada didn't mention it in his/her steps.

The cause of the torpedo/crushed breasts is that either the outfit/body or skeleton you're using don't match each others breast bone positions. If you fix it for one outfit, or install another skeleton that fixes it for some outfits, it will most definitely break other outfits that were made with other setups.

So the only possible fix is to get everyone to use skeletons (XPMSE 2) with matching breast bone positions and remake all outfits using these.

Followed is how to do it using Outfit Studio.

What you do in OS should be:

For BodySlide conversions:

1.) Load Project -> Select the slider set XML file

2.) Delete the body in the outfit list (the reference body is the only one you need)

3.) (Maybe load new reference body and copy weights?)

4.) Save Project

For regular outfits:

1.) Load Outfit -> Select the NIF

2.) (Maybe copy weights?)

3.) Export NIF

4.) Do this for both the _0 and _1.nif

1. Move your installed skeletonfemale.nif to your Bodyslide's /res folder. Rename it to anything you want (ex: newskeletonfemale.nif)

2. Open bodyslide config.xml, edit the Animation line that points to skeleton your new skeleton.

2. Load actual body mesh

5. Export

While this works, I wouldn't suggest doing it that way. Instead of replacing Outfit Studio's default skeleton which is XPMSE 2.06 currently, you should keep it to fix your meshes with it as it is and/or should be the new standard.

I'm also not sure if copying weights is required in OS to fix the breasts. LaEspada didn't mention it in his/her steps.

The cause of the torpedo/crushed breasts is that either the outfit/body or skeleton you're using don't match each others breast bone positions. If you fix it for one outfit, or install another skeleton that fixes it for some outfits, it will most definitely break other outfits that were made with other setups.

So the only possible fix is to get everyone to use skeletons (XPMSE 2) with matching breast bone positions and remake all outfits using these.

2.) Delete the body in the outfit list (the reference body is the only one you need)

4.) Save Project

For regular outfits:

3.) Export NIF

I am going to go try this right now. 

2ndly, could you link LaEspada's steps?

2. Load actual body mesh

5. Export

4.) Save Project

For regular outfits:

3.) Export NIF

Well since i'm like 1.5 yrs behind everyone else (thx to amd video i couldn't see anything and never bothered), I have to start with the beginning tutorials so I can understand what the heck you're talking about.

Looking at it ingame, It appears that ADEC 2.4 has consistent weights. But, as I understand it thus far, that's a problem as it's not a "template" or "an existing slider set"

2. Load actual body mesh

5. Export

4.) Save Project

For regular outfits:

3.) Export NIF

I am going to go try this right now. 

2ndly, could you link LaEspada's steps?

LaEspada posted 9 posts above this one, no need to link. ;)

Archived