'NoneType' object has no attribute 'children'

biikaru

Can anyone help me with this blender error?  Im trying to import a underwear from oblivion by spb into blender (I intend to convert it to a body to use in fallout 3) but I keep getting the above error no matter how I try to fix it in nifscope.  I could just export it to obj files but I don't want to lose all its properties.

I'm using the Blender Portable found at nexus "x-blender 2.49b revB" is this making matters worse?

I've included the Nif I need help fixing as an attachment, if you need the original and the textures let me know. Thanks for any help!

Edit: I have a few more files with this error importing into blender also.

Bottom.nif

For some reason this nif file was damaged. Every link from each skin instance to the scene root is broken.

Here's the cure though.. PyFFI it.

If you don't have PyFFI insatalled at the moment, manually linke them. then you should be able to import it just fine.

perhaps it is corrupt? I will try to redownload from speedbusters blog, I'm not sure where to begin with pyFFI or what to/how to manually link but its better then no response at all, thanks for the tip!

Edit: I redownloaded it but it doesn't seem to be corrupt, I get the same error no matter how many times I redownload and retry, Last I knew these work just fine in oblivion however despite having this error in blender.  It seems all of speedbusters older works give this error in blender also.

Edit2: I downloaded "Oblivion PyFFi automator" from nexus and ran it through that. Its now loading up in blender!

no need pyffi !!!        your probleme is attributes a missing scene root

you open your file.nif      than   open nitrishape   and select  niskininstance         Under ' block details'    you see 'skeleton root'     value  ' none '     you double click  on this 'none'   and you put '0'  (zero)  the number position of your scene root      you do the same to all nitrishape  than you save           you should be good to go and import in blender

Thanks for the manual instructions king! I was just editing my last post before you just placed yours :)

I already had pyffi from in the blender portable so that wasn't any kind of hassle.  Even though the pyffi automator from nexus seemed to fix it I'm going to try also with your instructions as well so I can see for myself & learn the manual fix.

Edit: Success as well with the manual fix!  Thanks very much you two, I now know how to identify & fix the issue multiple ways if I ever come across it again. 

Oops sorry. I always try pyffy at first whenever I meet a broken nif. As long as it wasn't too bad it will be fixed, this way I don't need to think.

Anyways if you already have it you can call the optimization packagel by r-clicking the file/folder. Choose the "optimize with pyffy". You can also use the spells individually with windows command line.

Archived