Rape retaliation

• 3 weeks later...

1.it might take some check's, but you could test that character was in a normally non combat area,

2.also check that Player was raped, another value

3.then pop up a window, "are you gonna let them get away with that", yes/No menu

4.if no, could set The NPC that raped you to combat.

5. Now that action can begin, and no one care's. Except for the fact that now everyone will attack the rapest.

6. there would be many check's, and tweaks. I am not use to FONV, or its scripting quirk's, But If some modder thought it was a worth wild thing to code in, It probably coud be.

7. Main problem in heavy populated area's is the rapest would get attacked by every one in the city, unless you did some Arena type setting, to keep it personal.

8. I don't see it as worth it my self, after all, your just a helpless little slut on the street, maybe you need a Pimp to protect you.

9. that actually might avoid problems you can normaly code NPC to NPC fights, and keep them self contained a lot easier.

10. Or you might get away with adding and evil faction to the Rapest, and now he would be fair game, but the other factions might over ride that.

11. you could give the Player if they are a Hooker, a Jinx spell, they could cast on them, that was not considered to be Agressive. and the Hooker, Player could cast that on the Mean Ole Rapest. this could be allowed or instigated in the Pop up window, and the player need only answer yes or No, and would not even need the spell. Which is probably better than them casting it, or having it. Though I don't know if anything simular to a spell can even be used in FONV

Lots of neat things could be done with this anything from having a Goul appear, and rape the rapest, to crippling them in the leg, all kinds of things there, that don't even have to kill the NPC

Now the poor abused little slut has gotten even :)

that is true, I mean a dirty person rapes someone in a town full of people, with some moral value, and sure, you would thing they would attck the evil doer., still I think the Player should have the Pop up yes/No menu. because you could lower the population pretty quickly :)

The Jinx spell, done also with a Pop up window option is probably a better way, there by not killing them, but making them suffer.

Give the Player a perk like "Hooker_Revenge" if they have it they can do it

• 5 months later...

Reviving this topic with a new thought. I'm quite sleepy as I type this up, so please bare with me.

My new thought uses a "morality" evaluation, for example the NCR faction would not tolerate rape or rapists within their ranks; and would attack a rapist on sight if caught. Freeside however would be neutral, it's a survival of the fittest kind of settlement and if you are raped it's not very likely that someone other than a King's member to come to your rescue; however taking retaliation for being raped would not be frowned upon.

Legion would be a different story, if you're not a friend of the legion your butt is fair game; especially if you're female.

In practice I'd see it executed like this... Rape would only change an NPC's faction if they're caught in the act if they're apart of the proper faction. So if you're in the middle of camp McCarrand and you're raped by a soldier in broad daylight and the act is witnessed, the NPC would be removed from the NCR faction and set to hostile with NCR. But the act of being raped has to be witnessed by an NPC who's allied in or with the NCR, otherwise it's like in real life; like it never happened.

But by setting the NPC as hostile to the faction, it should reduce the risk of causing problems if the NPC escapes because they'll eventually be killed off by the faction.

A town like Freeside would be different because the place is a crime-drenched settlement, rape would not be looked upon in the same light as it would in the NCR. The locals would not be very likely to intervene in your assault, but would not react negatively for you getting even with your rapist; if the act was witnessed.

And then there would be a faction like ceaser's legion where they would not see the rape of the player (if not associated with the legion) as a crime.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How this could work is by the addition and removal of factions. For the NCR if a rapist is caught they'd be removed from the NCR faction and placed into a faction that's set to hostile with the NCR.

In freeside if the rape is witnessed the NPC is removed from their factions and placed into a neutral faction.

Nothing needs to change with the legion cause they're nothing more than ass raping wanna be roman soldiers anyway.

But it would also keep track of who raped you, so if your assault isn't witnessed you can stealth kill them for no penalty to your Karma.

A way it could be done would be to add two new factions, Rapists and Witnessed Rapists. The Rapist faction is neutral to all other factions and is solely used for rape tracking. The Witnessed Rapist faction is an enemy to all lawful factions (NCR, Boomers, BoS, Kings, the independant town factions, etc) and still neutral to all the evil factions (Legion, Fiends, Powder Gangers, etc.). Rapists are automatically added to the first faction just for being a rapist. If witnessed, they get added to the second faction and removed from any current factions. The tricky bit, though, would be the whole "witnessed" issue since the game handles detection in general poorly (which is why "undetected" sniping a bad joke).

A way it could be done would be to add two new factions, Rapists and Witnessed Rapists. The Rapist faction is neutral to all other factions and is solely used for rape tracking. The Witnessed Rapist faction is an enemy to all lawful factions (NCR, Boomers, BoS, Kings, the independant town factions, etc) and still neutral to all the evil factions (Legion, Fiends, Powder Gangers, etc.). Rapists are automatically added to the first faction just for being a rapist. If witnessed, they get added to the second faction and removed from any current factions. The tricky bit, though, would be the whole "witnessed" issue since the game handles detection in general poorly (which is why "undetected" sniping a bad joke).

I don't know how the game tracks the player's visibility, but if it's possible it could be told to check the player's visibility periodically, if the player is detectable by anyone other than the rapist NPC(s) it would be classified as a witnessed rape.