Estelles Apropos Utility (for; text overlay, quick text edits, TTS and F-F support) (v0.5, 2015-03-09)

estelles

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. The text just disappears after a fraction of a second.

Also, I cannot see the picture which shows the correct settings, maybe the file host is down. Could someone reupload the picture?

picture is back up, 

and it's probably because you didn't check, debug trace messages or something like that in the apropos mcm menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I've been trying to get this to work for the hour, I followed your instructions to the letter, but nothing.

Thing is, the texts appear in the utility, but not ingame, nor does the test text appear, not even in desktop. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Also, I only downloaded the latest version, am I correct to assume that's all I need?

Hey, so I've been trying to get this to work for the hour, I followed your instructions to the letter, but nothing.

Thing is, the texts appear in the utility, but not ingame, nor does the test text appear, not even in desktop. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Also, I only downloaded the latest version, am I correct to assume that's all I need?

my first thought is, is the overlay on?, rightclick tray to check, or press Ctrl+shift+t to toggle it. also be sure to use the new settings.ini from 0.5, there are some new settings.., other than that, make sure the text is not rendered somewhere off screen. Try setting the position with one of the shortcuts (eg. ctrl.+shift +leftarrow), or manually in the settings file.  if you use multiple monitors, try with just one. Or it might be something to do with the text fading animation. try setting fadingtext= to 0 in settings.ini to disable it.

• 4 weeks later...

v0.5 is working well for me.  Thanks!

There is a slight delay in text popping up, as others have reported, but I tend to think that it's a product of resource usage by the Papyrus VM and Skyrim using CPU cycles and also settings like fadeinspeed.  The delay is quite bearable.  I think I can improve it more for myself by tweaking settings, as you have suggested.

Great job on the mod!

In my game the delay in the text seems to get smaller the longer I'm in the game.  The text flashing by is an on again off again thing.  Without changing anything, it sometimes flashes by, then other times it works as advertised.  I believe it to be scripts or something else getting jammed up.   My game is rather heavily modded.

• 3 weeks later...

I have sort of an odd problem with this mod. It works fine, overlay appears, etc etc, however the text extends off one side of the screen like the overlay is too wide or the resolution on the text overlay is different from the rest of the skyrim windowed screen.

I checked the ini file and there does not seem to he a way to change the overlays width anywhere.

Anyone else have this issue and come up with a solution?

Edit the inevitable spelling mistakes.

I have sort of an odd problem with this mod. It works fine, overlay appears, etc etc, however the text extends off one side of the screen like the overlay is too wide or the resolution on the text overlay is different from the rest of the skyrim windowed screen.

I checked the ini file and there does not seem to he a way to change the overlays width anywhere.

Anyone else have this issue and come up with a solution?

Edit the inevitable spelling mistakes.

Try the new beta version of Apropos which has it's own new display system. Estelles work was good but it has been supplanted.

• 1 month later...

Hoping you can help.  I'm having mixed success with your mod.  I can get the Text Overlay to appear when I use the test key.  I can also get the Text to Speech function to work.  Wear and Tear is definitely being tracked, but I can't tell yet if the image overlays are working as I haven't done enough damage to my character yet.  The one thing that isn't working is the actual text overlay grabbing the text from Apropos. 

I've checked my SkyUI settings for apropos, and they seem fine.  I'm using the GUI Mod as suggested, and have made the appropriate ini changes.  Pathing to the DBs and Notepad are correct as is the path to the Apropos logs.  They're definitely there and the lines from the mod that appear during the game are being recorded correctly.

However, when I check the History window I see nothing. When I use Ctrl+Alt+E to view the last line I get an error message "No matches were found for this file."

SexLab: v1.59c

Apropos: Beta 2015-04-24.01

SKSE: 1.07.02

JContainers: v3.2.4

Can you help? 

apropos.0.log

EAUsettings.ini.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping you can help. I'm having mixed success with your mod. I can get the Text Overlay to appear when I use the test key. I can also get the Text to Speech function to work. Wear and Tear is definitely being tracked, but I can't tell yet if the image overlays are working as I haven't done enough damage to my character yet. The one thing that isn't working is the actual text overlay grabbing the text from Apropos.

I've checked my SkyUI settings for apropos, and they seem fine. I'm using the GUI Mod as suggested, and have made the appropriate ini changes. Pathing to the DBs and Notepad are correct as is the path to the Apropos logs. They're definitely there and the lines from the mod that appear during the game are being recorded correctly.

However, when I check the History window I see nothing. When I use Ctrl+Alt+E to view the last line I get an error message "No matches were found for this file."

Can you help?

It will not work in apropos 2015 you have to use 2014 version, so you have to choose Estelle tts function against apropos 2015 multiple text overlay, personally I choose tts anyway, and so far 2015 and 2014 difference no huge.

Hoping you can help. I'm having mixed success with your mod. I can get the Text Overlay to appear when I use the test key. I can also get the Text to Speech function to work. Wear and Tear is definitely being tracked, but I can't tell yet if the image overlays are working as I haven't done enough damage to my character yet. The one thing that isn't working is the actual text overlay grabbing the text from Apropos.

I've checked my SkyUI settings for apropos, and they seem fine. I'm using the GUI Mod as suggested, and have made the appropriate ini changes. Pathing to the DBs and Notepad are correct as is the path to the Apropos logs. They're definitely there and the lines from the mod that appear during the game are being recorded correctly.

Can you help?

It will not work in apropos 2015 you have to use 2014 version, so you have to choose Estelle tts function against apropos 2015 multiple text overlay, personally I choose tts anyway, and so far 2015 and 2014 difference no huge.

Sometimes the answer is very very simple.  Wrong version. That'll do it.  Many thanks Anubizz.

• 2 months later...

Can you help?

(highlighting added)

Can someone please put the info that Estelle Apropos Utility requires a specific version of Appropos on the download page for EAU?

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1554-estelles-apropos-utility/

Thanks...

This is a cool mod, but much easier to get working correctly if one has the correct version of Apropos installed.

Can someone please put the info that Estelle Apropos Utility requires a specific version of Appropos on the download page for EAU?

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1554-estelles-apropos-utility/

Thanks...

This is a cool mod, but much easier to get working correctly if one has the correct version of Apropos installed.

or better still if someone takeover this mod or made a  TTS  mod for  2015 apropos. i thing Estelle already give permission to do that 

until then i am reluctant to upgrade my apropos. i use  apropos 2014 with TTS in my PC and 2015 without on my laptop, there is no contest there 2014 with TTS so much better

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived