This ridiculous Kickstarter. Must see.

Guest Omega1084

Guest Omega1084

So there's this.

This is from a channel called Retsupurae, they make fun of ridiculously dumb things on the internet.
They uploaded this a few hours ago and I'm still baffled at the outrageous shit this Kickstarter is proposing.

And as a bonus a $5000 Kickstarter for a viral video setup.

The biggest problem regarding the future of Kickstarter is not idiots thinking they can get funded for any bat sh*t stupid idea because they won't but that people who don't need crowd funding are increasingly looking to take advantage of the free funding to make even more money.  It's an easy and PR friendly platform to con people into paying to be alpha/beta testers for idea/product that could easily be well funded and tested before release.  I guarantee you that every VC now has some kind of standard term sheet to include Kickstarter milestones before their money is released and their presence disclosed.  So on Kickstarter it would appear that some small time garage inventor is trying to get started but in fact he/she/they already have multimillion dollars lineup but want the free millions from the little guys so they can put down less money while passing on risks to the nice people who do not get to participate the upside with the insiders.   

Guest Omega1084

Funny thing is most of these derps have literally no idea what they're doing.

Most of them are making shitty RPGs on RPGMaker or some crappy FPS on Unity.

Both of those are great engines but they people featured on Retsupurae's videos have little to nothing to show for their "efforts."

In fact, most of them use default resources to show their "early beta" videos off.

It's this kind of thing that makes me love retsupurae... well, that and their riffing on long plays. I still kind of wish they would go back to the old days of ripping into bad LPs, but well, people are even thinner skinned these days than just a few years ago.

Also, the next one with the 3,000 dollars for a Twitch LPing channel is even worse than the viral video shit.

Guest Omega1084

It's this kind of thing that makes me love retsupurae... well, that and their riffing on long plays. I still kind of wish they would go back to the old days of ripping into bad LPs, but well, people are even thinner skinned these days than just a few years ago.

Also, the next one with the 3,000 dollars for a Twitch LPing channel is even worse than the viral video shit.

The reason they don't do those anymore, they explained at their panel on RTX.

Their fans would sometimes attack the people involved.

BillyMC even had a small bout of depression because of it so Betus and Beef decided to stop doing his videos.

Now they just make fun of bad games and blatant stupidity.

ChipCheezum stopped for the same reason.

For $5,000 I'll let you watch me swear at the geck, live, for one hour.

For $10,000, I'll do it with my clothes on.

Sold.

This one just got uploaded.

It's amazeballs.

This guy wants $3000 so he can get a nice gaming LAPTOP and play games on the internet using it.

You can build a high-end PC with $800. He's probably aiming to buy an Alienware laptop, it's the only explanation.

But why? Like... $3000? And he's planning on putting people's names and shit all over the stream's he's planning on, too.

I don't even-

BillyMC even had a small bout of depression because of it so Betus and Beef decided to stop doing his videos.

But they were always trolls, so I'm not sure if this was actual remorse they felt or if it was just a calculated move to remain blameless if something horrible happened. Or they just didn't want to get banned (again), which is why they stopped doing scare cam LPs. And really, Chip never had it in him to be a troll. He's too adorable to be like that for long. I think Ironicus put him up to it through peer pressure and that sexy voice.

Oh, and also Pixelmon, because they totally did their research and are still asking for 10,000 dollars to make a Pokemon mod of Minecraft.

Kickstarter is a platform that practically invites Scamming. So far the crowd was quite successfull in policing itself though. Scammers get called out pretty fast, reported and Kickstarter (eventually) removes it. Of course it would be preferable if Kickstarter would investigate every new entry before it goes online but i guess they can't handle the workload.

In that regard it's a bit like Wikipedia was in it's infant years, no? Essentially a screaming match between bullshitters and trolls against decent human beings until eventually a consensus is reached.

Guest Omega1084

But they were always trolls, so I'm not sure if this was actual remorse they felt or if it was just a calculated move to remain blameless if something horrible happened. Or they just didn't want to get banned (again), which is why they stopped doing scare cam LPs. And really, Chip never had it in him to be a troll. He's too adorable to be like that for long. I think Ironicus put him up to it through peer pressure and that sexy voice.

Oh, and also Pixelmon, because they totally did their research and are still asking for 10,000 dollars to make a Pokemon mod of Minecraft.

They were always trolls but that was almost 7 years ago.

Slowbeef grew up and so did Betus.

They decided to cut down on that stuff.

Seeing the reactions some people had to their fans actively bashing their work even though they tried to improve probably caught them off-guard so they stopped and began doing something else and I'm personally pretty okay with that.

Fastbeef[the old Slowbeef from six years ago] is no more.

You think that bad you should see my kickstarter for 1,000,000 so i can make giant radioactive spiders that spit acid. I'm going to use them to take revenge on all my my grade school bullies.

Then there's my kickstarter for a revenge robot, the Herpliator 5,000. It is a small robot that has Q-tips covered in Herpes for fingers. It sneaks into it's targets house while they sleep and rubs the faces and gentiles of it's victims. Then when the deed is done is screams "Herp-ya-later" and runs out of the room laughing in a sadistic metallic voice. Yeah..... i got too much time on my hands. On a related side note i have schematics for the Syphililator and Clapilator revenge bots as well.  

looooool :lol:

Archived