Is there a way to edit body skin tones in the GECK?

Guest marieruth

Guest marieruth

I am making an African-American child in the GECK, and I've run into the pretty common issue of the neck  up being black like his skintone is meant to be, but from the neck down he is white. And I am hoping there is a way to edit the body skin tone so that it is pretty close the the skin tone of his face.

I refuse to turn my esp into a master file since I don't want to mess around with something as serious as a master file.

I did that bFaceGenModelswhatever=1 in Fallout.ini

I posted a question similar to this on the nexus forums, and got this reply:

GjVv0Kg.png

And I asked that user how would I go about doing that, and I sadly did not get a response from them. Is there anyone else here that could tell me how I would go about changing the body colors to match?

Guest marieruth

Can't speak to how to change the body.

You can set an esm flag on an esp in FNVEdit, so it will stay as an esp, but it will be sorted to the top with the esms as the last one.

Could you tell me how to flag it as an esm in FNVEdit?

Guest endgameaddiction

1. Open FNVEdit

2. Only have the esp ticked that you want to flag esm.

3. Click OK and let it load

4. On the left panel expand the tree with the esp you loaded.

5. Right below it, click to highlight "File Header".

6. On the right panel up top right click below TES4 on the same column as Record Flags and click on Edit

7. Tick on ESM and click OK

8. It should appear in the panel next to Record Flags in bold text

9. Click the top right [ x ] to save your settings and close FNVEdit.

10. Place the ESMified esp anywhere below the ESM masters and above the esp.

Guest carywinton

Yep that's one trick to get matching head and body textures, but may cause issues with your current load order. I usually set the flag and then go ahead and rename the mod to an *.esm file extension.

And I asked that user how would I go about doing that, and I sadly did not get a response from them. Is there anyone else here that could tell me how I would go about changing the body colors to match?

My guess he was meaning to do a custom race with custom assets, editing head and body textures so that they could perfectly match. I suggest to mark the header as esm, if you hear me... ;)

Archived