NSA won't be able to read this: Protonmail encrypted email servcie

Unbreakable (today) encryption is a good thing, however, never underestimate your "opponent."

security.png

Hmm yeah why do we need to fund a $2m Software Cracking department and monitoring so they don't turn on us when we can just spend $200k on a few smart thugs or even a lot less depending on the individual job requirements  :)

Likely because efficiency is any government's deadliest enemy. If Governments handled money and resources responsibly then citizens would just become that much more vocal about the two things they usually demand of government anyways: lower taxes and more social programs (yes usually both at the same time). Now the problem with that is that when taxes get too low or the social programs are actually properly funded and managed and hence work, the social order would be threathened and we can't have that.

For the most part, as has already been said, agencies like the NSA serve the dual purpose of tracking the very few individuals and organisations the government truly feels are a genuine threat to its power (and let's face it none of us is probably on that list) and to serve as a lightning rod to distract the public from more important things.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well this is not looking very good no transparacy from the developers of protonmail. How stupid can they be only transparacy and comunication is vital to succes of products like this with there customers.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07/07/protonmail_fail_javascript/

This will take me thinking before i use this mail service any time soon.

@sweforce,

And because goverments or organisation like NSA say its illegal won't stop me from using secure browsers or mail service i am not some god damn pawn they can manipulated(brainwash in believing whatever they say) whatever they tell you should do.

Archived