Why LOOT is much better than BOSS ever could be

*snip*

On top of that, game is loading super fast now like it did a long time ago when I had no mods. Menus loading super fast. Overall performance and stability went WAY up.

Dunno what LOOT did, but it must not like my mods lol. And still don't really know why a load order would decrease the FPS so much. But whatever...at least its working now.

Sometimes all it takes is one single mod placed incorrectly to cause major FPS issues, it could even be something stupid like a scrap of something shoddy that normally didn't fire in your BOSS sorted game because of it's relatively brute force method, but LOOT preserves it by placing it 'correctly' according to content.  

The problem is that people are trusting to LOOT more blindly than they did with the nice orderly looking BOSS, because it's harder to get a handle on LOOT's seemingly chaotic sorting method. Also, with BOSS  you always had to give your load order plenty of scrutiny because of all the plugins that weren't on it's masterlist. 

I have a bunch of meta entries that I've built up over time. For example, if I let LOOT sort Deadly Combat, Revenge of the Enemies and Combat Evolved without my input, the stagger mechanic of DC goes bananas - I get staggered on every single incoming hit. And when the mod author of Action Combat says he wants his mod to be loaded after Combat Evolved, I take his word for it but LOOT probably doesn't. And STEP have their own set of meta entries that they recommend, again LOOT won't help you with this. 

LOOT isn't a free pass when it comes to the necessity of manual plugin placement and deciding the fate of records you want preserved in your load order. The options available are just the same - you either take the forensic scalpel approach using TES5 to move records between mods, or you take the wholesale approach and decide which plugin wins outright, and place it accordingly.  

Archived