Old Versions Of Sexlab?

chuckdm

Well...I hate to be an old crumudgen but I'm gonna ask anyway.

Is there a designated place to download older versions of Sexlab and the various plugins?  I ask because I've had no end of trouble trying to make Sexlab 1.54 (and now 1.55) work well.  It all works, just very VERY slowly, like the script lag must be tripple what I had on v1.39.  Since many of the plugins I've been using have still not been updated even to work with v1.51 and I'm not seeing any improvements with 1.5+ that I personally use, I'd really be happier if I could downgrade back to 1.39 (and the equivalent versions of DD - Assets and DD - Integration) but there isn't a link for v1.39 anymore on the main download page for it here on LL.

So any idea where I can get it?

if 1.54/1.55 tripled your script lag instead of greatly improving it, then your problem isn't sexlab, it's your install. 

It may very well be a problem with one of the other plugins - I did upgrade 7 or 8 of them at once.  But as long as the net effect is that my script lag is worse, I really don't care if it's the framework itself or one of the plugins.  The net effect is the same.

Amazes me how many people don't keep their install files.

Well I usually do, but not for mods.  I'm using NMM.  (Yeah I know.  I tried MO and honestly I just don't like it.  I'm not even sure why, I just don't.)  If I keep old versions listed, it tends to cause confusion on my end, i.e. two mods with the exact same name and no version number listed.  Mods added from LL exhibit this much more than those from the Nexus.

So... Amazes me how many people don't put version numbers in their mod names so I don't have to delete the install files ;)

I'll check Git, though my CK seems to bug out every 3rd time I open it, so if I have to compile an older one, I'm probably screwed.

I guess maybe I should just disable it all until a few of the plugins update, if v1.55 really tends to lower script lag instead of making it worse.  Is this a universal truth or does it help some/most and slow others?

if 1.54/1.55 tripled your script lag instead of greatly improving it, then your problem isn't sexlab, it's your install. 

It may very well be a problem with one of the other plugins - I did upgrade 7 or 8 of them at once.  But as long as the net effect is that my script lag is worse, I really don't care if it's the framework itself or one of the plugins.  The net effect is the same.

Amazes me how many people don't keep their install files.

Well I usually do, but not for mods.  I'm using NMM.  (Yeah I know.  I tried MO and honestly I just don't like it.  I'm not even sure why, I just don't.)  If I keep old versions listed, it tends to cause confusion on my end, i.e. two mods with the exact same name and no version number listed.  Mods added from LL exhibit this much more than those from the Nexus.

So... Amazes me how many people don't put version numbers in their mod names so I don't have to delete the install files ;)

I'll check Git, though my CK seems to bug out every 3rd time I open it, so if I have to compile an older one, I'm probably screwed.

I guess maybe I should just disable it all until a few of the plugins update, if v1.55 really tends to lower script lag instead of making it worse.  Is this a universal truth or does it help some/most and slow others?

The solution however isn't the same. The solution has nothing to do with the mod Sexlab.

I repack my mods now and not only put the version number or date (as in LL versions) but the screen capture and web link into an Info folder inside this repacked mod. I then use 7zip to pack it up and drop it into MO. That is the reason I know which version of Sexlab, Sexout or whatever I have in my folders.

I had problems like you and dumped the files (mo means just reload them fresh) and downloaded the current versions here and elsewhere. I then started completly fresh and I have little problems My only problem is my argonian male decides to be modest on occasion and not strip down for sex. Other times he does. Don't know what is going on there.. :). but it don't break my game.

A major item during the change from 1.39 to 1.50 was profiling the code and rewriting it to run faster. The net effect is to reduce script lags instead of increasing them. Most people are reporting noticeably faster start-up for their sex scenes and less time waiting for everything to finish so the player can move again at the end. So if you are seeing increase in script lag then most likely its going to be caused by something other than the new version of SexLab.

I hope that helps explain the answer you got above. As always, I would recommend you enable the Papyrus Logging and see what is populating your logs.

FWIW, there are far too many mods that will run their primary checking loop hundreds of times per second when their functionality really only needs a check once a second or so. If those mods have errors occurring in those loops you will see hundreds of those errors per second.

1.39b and 1.55 on my machine with the light sexlab mods I am running I noticed no such difference faster or slower.

Well...if it's just me, it's just me, that's fine.  I start a new save nearly every time I install or remove any mod (even updates, if they change much) but I haven't done a flat out fresh install of Skyrim from the bottom up in probably 2 years.  So...I may just try that.  I mean it'll take me 2 hours but hell, at least it'll work.  Hopefully :)

Besides, I have about a dozen minor mods (texture packs, etc, things without scripts) that I need to update anyway.  If I'm going to be redoing that many mods I might as well reinstall the other half :)

I'll let yall know if I still have issues, but at this point, I'm thinking it's either an old SL plugin, or perhaps even a loose script left over from an old version of one.  I mean if overall 1.55 is faster, ok, I believe ya (though in my experience more features usually means slower.  But if not for this, that's great, really.)  I checked the log but I've never been able to make heads or tales of anything papyrus says or does.  If a global reinstall doesn't fix it I'll probably upload my log here or something, but I'd rather solve this myself if I can.

Yes, a nice clean updated since you are using NMM would probably work well. Installing and uninstalling might have left some scripts or something running in the back ground. It is a shame that you don't have the original mods available that you had used before. I would go and get fresh updated of all the mods you wish to use. Make sure you keep a backup somewhere. On a DVD, external hard drive, hell even an old flash drive. Something. This way the next time NMM freaks out, or something goes wrong you have a fresh start. Oh and do like I do (to a point) created a folder with the needed info. Perhaps. MOD Name - Version or Date - Author naming and drop a web link and perhaps a screen capture or created a little readme with the needed info and place those into the folder with the "Original" download. Now if something happens later and you need to update the mod you can see the various dates, versioins or whatever on your files for ease of use and prevent confusion. I was where you are at in the past and can truly feel for you ..

The reason I state that is I have in the pasts deleted parts of the game folder and had Steam "Verify Cache" and return it to pristine shape. Then I just reinstall the mods again and get back to business. With MO now that is an event that happens far less. (some things have to be installed into Skyrim. SKSE, Bodyslide (which I am not using right now) etc.

What I do is create a fresh install(don't care for MO myself) and install everything but Sexlab related mods, back up the directory and then when new stuff comes out, copy that directory over in place of my old one (no overwriting) then install the new Sexlab stuff, saves a lot of pain figuring out.

That works well for someone that has a set mod list, needs some updates and is an advanced users like yourself. Before I played with MO I packaged up the mods the way I wanted them and started from a fresh Skyriim and just extracted them into the folder in order of installation to get similar results. If I had a problem, just start over. It takes about an hour to do the work but it is generally very stable afterwards. In FNV I would manually add or even remove some files as needed since I was aware of much of the file structure and locations of what I wanted. MO just made that easier. The selling point for me was the Profiles. I have three running right now and don't have to worry about saves and such. Very nice.

So apparently that was it.  I finally broke down and reinstalled all of Skyrim, mods and everything, from scratch last night.  About 6 hours of gameplay later (including fucking about half of Whiterun twice over, lol) and I'm deeming this stable.  It isn't any faster than 1.39 best I can tell, but it's not any slower any more, either, so I'm happy.

If someone wants to close/delete/whatever the thread that's fine with me.  I personally still wish old versions were available but I can totally understand why they're not.

Thanks for the help/suggestions, and also to all the mod authors for all your work!  As much trouble as I've had with Nifskope alone, I may write PHP, but I am totally still in awe of you guys!

Archived