Oily Wet Sweaty Skin Body - Easy Guide / Tutorial

The first method gives u definitly the best result, but u have to test how much u want.

And also u HAVE TO edit EVERY part of the armor for BOTH weight versions in NifSkope which has parts of the body!

Change the Glossines value to increase the weat/oily effect, but don't make it too high, just a tip, if u want to keep it naturally.

Change the Specture value to increase the light strength effect, also here, don't make it too high.

Both Values u can find in the point "BSLightingShaderProperty" from your Body(-part).

Test it with your naked body: femalebody_0.nif AND femalebody_1.nif, u can find them here:

"Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets". There are also for feets, hands and head.

Another tip, if u can't see which Node is the Body part, just click on the part in the preview on the right side and NifSkope will

highlighted the Node on the left side. U can zoom and rotate the preview in NifSkope with your mouse.

I think my specular strength may not be set high enough.  I recall the guide mentioning to keep it under 10, but I set the gloss to 600.

I won't have time to fiddle with it until later, but these are the files used.  They're just contained within the character assets folder which is under MO\mods\CBBE\meshes\actors\character.

I've tried using some alternative skin textures like SG Renewal, attempted Sexy Sweat, and Fair Skin Complexion, but those are just textures and not modifiable in Nifskope.

Hopefully it's just that my specular strength is too low.  But thanks to those who are willing to help troubleshoot ^^

character assets.zip

I think my specular strength may not be set high enough.  I recall the guide mentioning to keep it under 10, but I set the gloss to 600.

I won't have time to fiddle with it until later, but these are the files used.  They're just contained within the character assets folder which is under MO\mods\CBBE\meshes\actors\character.

I've tried using some alternative skin textures like SG Renewal, attempted Sexy Sweat, and Fair Skin Complexion, but those are just textures and not modifiable in Nifskope.

Hopefully it's just that my specular strength is too low.  But thanks to those who are willing to help troubleshoot ^^

That says the glossiness is at 900 and the spec strength at 9. Try lowering the glossiness to 200-500 and raise the spec strength to 50 or so. That should give you some glossy goodness.

If you're wearing armor/clothing remember that the body in that armor also needs to be adjusted or there will be no gloss while wearing it. And if you're using ECE/RM then you have to go into those mods to find the .nif that needs adjusted (and remember to do the hands and feet as well).

Thanks for the pointers.  Seems I did some extra gloss adjusting as well and must have forgotten.  The tutorial mentions 300-1000 and <10, so I fiddled around with numbers under those values.

I was testing without armor to make sure as I did read about that (if the armor replaces the body), but it's probably that the specular strength is too low.  Thanks for the tips/assistance and I'll update again if anything goes awry.

Alrighty, so I'm back to troubleshooting again haha.

Upping the specular strength definitely helped, but it also has caused some disturbances in the character textures when under pretty much any other lighting other than outdoor sunlight.  That said, the texture seems to apply perfectly to the face as seen in the screenshot, but applies a rather miserable rippling effect to the body.  I tried disabling the Fair Skin Complexion mod, but it seemed to do nothing pertaining to the issue, as I thought it might have to do with the possible differences between the textures of the face/body.  It's not very clear here, but the ripples definitely exist in this screenshot.

WARNING:  NSFW

Any further suggestions/how did you set yours up, exactly?

EDIT:  Updated picture to be a link as imgur doesn't embed well with LL it seems.

Seems that the textures are in fact being overwritten by FSC over CBBE.  The head texture from ECE isn't being overwritten by anything, and ECE seems to be retaining all of its body texture data as well and is not being overwritten by CBBE's textures nor FSC's, either.

Is it somehow possible that CBBE is overriding ECE's textures except for the face, and that FCS is only overriding CBBE's textures rather than ECE's?

I'm using bodyslide with MO.  I'm trying to determine if texture files are possibly being re-overwritten by CBBE's defaults?

This oily effect is on the mesh itself and not the textures. So where are your body nifs at? In overwrite? Wherever that body nif is at is the file you need to be glossing up with NifSkope.

I GOT IT(Yay! But I'm a noob at this and am kind of upset with my negligence, so my apologies)

Okay, so this one's pretty interesting (to me, but probably old hat to everyone else haha), and I bet the same exact issue one of the above people was mentioning about it not working for them, either.

This is in fact a noob mistake which I should have paid closer attention to before.  The problem lied in the Remodeled Armor For CBBE... by Chronotrigger77.

The armor functions differently than expected in that effectively creates a duplicate of your body to equip it, something I thought the armor didn't do based upon my previous mod experience, as I believed it was integrated without a reference body and just used the CBBE meshes (clearly I was wrong); the body nifs were being overwritten by remodeled armor, and this seems to occur after the texture files and body mesh nifs got overwritten by RSC and other meshes.  It seems the nifs it creates are modeled after one's vanilla bodyslide values, though, therefore requiring the actual replacement of the nifs and not just re-installing other mods on top.

A simple overwrite of the body mesh nifs from CBBE into the mod solved the problem, something I was already given forewarning about :s

Very glad I'm using MO to be able to check the conflicts log.  To any other readers planning on using NMM/currently using NMM:

Mod organizer is amazing so stop what you're doing and use it.  Now!  >=o

Thanks for much for the help, though.  Really glad to see a persistent effort made by someone; something definitely not seen on the nexus.

Sadly, there's no easy way that I know of, but it can be done (which is basically the problem I had above).  Each armor that does this will come with a meshes folder for the female body nifs.  Those also need to be modified in nifskope to the same gloss/specular strength you used.

Some armors do not overwrite the body, though, as some don't include what I believe is called a reference body.  You may/should be able to modify only one set of nifs and just copy/replace over everything in the file structure for each armor conflict, but don't quote me on that working.  I know I did it by hand when fixing my above problems.

Sadly, there's no easy way that I know of, but it can be done (which is basically the problem I had above).  Each armor that does this will come with a meshes folder for the female body nifs.  Those also need to be modified in nifskope to the same gloss/specular strength you used.

Some armors do not overwrite the body, though, as some don't include what I believe is called a reference body.  You may/should be able to modify only one set of nifs and just copy/replace over everything in the file structure for each armor conflict, but don't quote me on that working.  I know I did it by hand when fixing my above problems.

oh ty but one more question which files to edit for example clothes_0.nif or clothes_1.nif ?

oh ty but one more question which files to edit for example clothes_0.nif or clothes_1.nif ?

Both if you want it to work with the weight slider. Or just one of them if you only use weight 0 or weight 1 all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if there's a way to automatically tweak all of the armors at once, to have their glossiness and specular effects tweaked to players preferable settings? I find it quite pain in the ass to manually adjust each and every armors and clothings :( i have like 100+ that i would like to have them be shiny!

• 3 months later...

I prefer the third method.  ;)

Edit the wet textures (head, hand and body ... _s.dds), for example with Gimp.

Increase the brightness and save with mipmaps.

Done.

Who wants can also adjust the contrast so that the wetness is stronger - if it is really wet textures.

Advantage:

Works even if armor equipped.

And you can overwrite the meshes without risk - BodySilde etc.

Did you use Gimp to do this? Because Gimp doesn't show .dds or s.dds files...

For get the Oily Wet Body... :blush:attachicon.gif2014-06-10_00057.jpg attachicon.gif2014-06-12_00025.jpg attachicon.gifbath 9.jpg attachicon.gif2014-05-10_00002.jpg attachicon.gif2014-05-07_00053.jpg attachicon.gif2014-05-09_00005.jpg - :heart: -

- Require: "Sweaty Body" textures (chose UNP or CBBE version), found here:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15233-fair-skin-complexion-sweaty-body-from-nexus/page-2?do=findComment&comment=484491 / NifSkope, found here http://sourceforge.net/projects/niftools/files/nifskope/1.1.3/nifskope-1.1.3.36ebfdd-windows.exe/download

- Oily Skin - First method (work on PC/NPC body) use this Tutorial, but for work, edit both Nif files (Nif 0 and Nif 1 of your body mashes) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52746/?

----------------

- Oily Skin - Second method - Require a "recent" ENB with in-game settigns options controll panel

I prefer the First method, because the second alternative method on video puts the Oily effect on the Entire image, while the First method modifies only the body of your PC and NPC, if you want the Oily body on your followers, repeat the first method on body mashes in your followers mashes folder.

Note: Rember.. edit both body mashes files, Nif 0 and Nif 1, the nexus Tutorial does not tell you to do, but it must be done, otherwise you will not see any change.

The videoclip is privat :/

I prefer the third method.  ;)

Edit the wet textures (head, hand and body ... _s.dds), for example with Gimp.

Increase the brightness and save with mipmaps.

Done.

Who wants can also adjust the contrast so that the wetness is stronger - if it is really wet textures.

Advantage:

Works even if armor equipped.

And you can overwrite the meshes without risk - BodySilde etc.

Did you use Gimp to do this? Because Gimp doesn't show .dds or s.dds files...

whenever i try to change contrast and brightness and export as and overwrite then this shows up "DDS: It appears your image may be a volume map,

but not all layers are the same size, thus a volume
map cannot be written." should i just check the generate mipmaps and okey?