TESO: Nudepatches?

Soeck

Probably not.

To do a proper "nude patch", you'd need to deal with the meshes and not just the textures, and i doub't that's in the cards (and if it is, then probably not for any forseeable future, it'¨s going to take some time). Textures could maybe be done, but then you'll just have ugly fake "nude skin" painted over what is clearly 3D rendered underwear.

The classic "nude patch" has gotten a lot harder since graphics got better, and clothes are actually rendered 3D items that require working tools and plugins to deal with, and not just painted onto the body texture like in the days of yore.

Not only that, but it's one of the biggest online based game types. An MMO. Chances are real good that the structure of the game, the way it's built, is not going to be very accommodating for modding. Most things will be handled server side on their end, meaning you don't have anything to work with. Things are streamed down the pipe to you. They might allow for some local (on your machine) asset files, but probably not that many or in a way that would encourage mods. Just depends on how the game wants to handle its data.

Cloud gaming is similarly problematic. No files on your machine = can't attempt to modify game assets = no mods.

There's actually a lot of nude reskins for MMOs.  All they usually do is draw out the underwear layers.

Star Trek Online's, is the most advanced I've ever seen, adding breast physics and shit like that.  Its wild how much work that mod has gotten.

I know they're dicking around with ESO reskin on Game Vixen's site, but lord knows if they ever get anywhere with it.

Some MMO's make it extremely hard to do, like Guild Wars 2.

Archived