Manual Installation Help

Have you installed SKSE?

I think so can you explain the process?

http://skse.silverlock.org/ Nothing will work if they need this and you don't have this installed as many mods need SKSE to work and you have to start the game through the .skse in the game folder and not start the game normal way.

Look at the third capture you can see SKSE files in the folder. That should be installed. No if he is using the correct version for the mods he is using remains to be seen

Also I believe he is installing these mods and tools MANUALLY. instead of using a mod manager (of course where appropriate :D )

Install what ? SKSE. If that is what you are asking. Download, Extract. Select all the files, drag into the Skyrim folder (with the Skyrim.exe and Data folder) click yes for overwrite. (since you seem to have it installed already.

I would go and look at the link I have in my sig for Sexlab and its requirements first. See if you have any problems with that.

If you have the files like the framework states. Then you need a mod installed. I can't help you there as I haven't used Skyrim modded for quite some time. Choose something simple. Then run FINIS according to the instructions from the page and you should be able to work the mods.

I believe you are manually installing the mods. If so you are going to have some serious problems since you are also inexperienced. Experienced modders have problems however they usually can figure out how to fix them.. you can't. I would suggest you use a manager like MO. Found in the sig.

If you are manually installing you might decide to delete the Skrim folder and all the contents and reinstall it from Steam. Then follow the tutorial again. and then install the mods that you will use. There is a MO Thread and links in my sig to help get you up to speed with MO. Trust me yes it is a difficult thing to learn being new but well worth it. When you screw up a mod you will be able to restore (remove the mod) without damage to the game (generally. SKSE don't apply)

Unfortunately I don't know more or have more experience to help you further.

Yes. follow the "old Geezer"... :P  gvman3670.

If FINIS isn't run it often times ( if not always) causes the individuals to stand with their arms at there sides and the can't walk or do anything. Basically they stand at the default position for games.

from the tutorial

1. Go to the Skyrim Data folder and find the folder called "Tools", open this folder. If you cannot find this folder do steps 2 to 4 again.
  2. In there you should see two folders, one called GenerateFNIS_for_Modders and another called GenerateFNIS_for_Users.

3. Open the folder called GenerateFNIS_for_Users.

4. Run GenerateFNIS_for_Users.exe.

5. You should now see the FNIS window open up.

6. If you are using xp32 skeleton then make sure you select "SKELETON Arm Fix" from the menu at the bottom of the window.

7. Select "Update FNIS BehavioursNote: If you have the creature pack installed it will set these animations up as well.

8. You should see something like the following appear in the window, this is FNIS reading and configuring mods.

Archived