AMD 295 X2 beast arrived fastest single card in the world!

That's crazy 4K performance. The title is a bit misleading, though. And the article's opening sentence is completely wrong. It's a single video card with dual GPUs. So if the game you're playing doesn't support Crossfire, you're only going to get a bit more than half the performance. Also, I'd consider SLI'd 780 Ti's to be a better NVIDIA equivalent than the TITAN Z. TITANs are more for professional use, with drivers available for gamers. That said, it's awesome to be seeing video cards that can do 60FPS at 4K. In 1-2 years, 4k PC gaming will be affordable for lots of people. 

If you aren't trying to game on a 4k monitor at full resolution you don't need anything close to that. GTX670's, 760s (4gb for games with ENB so I have heard). and the ATI equivalent can give you excellent modded Skyrim at full HD resolutions with the extra eye candy.

However it is encouraging that AMD has gone that far, that fast. It will only encourage nVidia to up the pace in response and in the end both technologies will eventually drop in price and us consumers will only benefit.

If you aren't trying to game on a 4k monitor at full resolution you don't need anything close to that. GTX670's, 760s (4gb for games with ENB so I have heard). and the ATI equivalent can give you excellent modded Skyrim at full HD resolutions with the extra eye candy.

However it is encouraging that AMD has gone that far, that fast. It will only encourage nVidia to up the pace in response and in the end both technologies will eventually drop in price and us consumers will only benefit.

Well, going by his profile he already plays at an insane res so...this would be the natural progression.

My favorite quote from the review = We're looking at a consumer product with 6.25x the compute power of PlayStation 4 (and almost 9x Xbox One) available less than six months after the console launched. That's just astonishing. :D:P :P :P :P :P :P

Yeh thats crazy and i love it, (don't tell any body) i don't like console :D

Guest carywinton

I currently run the AMD R9-280X 3GB card and it's insane enough for me, runs most anything at Ultra and the highest resolution the games will allow, it's price point came in at under $300.

Well, going by his profile he already plays at an insane res so...this would be the natural progression.

For me 2560x1440 is normal resolution in highend segment so not insane at all :D

I build my own PC's for long time now it's my hobby with OC and gaming.

I just wanne show this new hardware release becouse its nice card made by AMD which is less popular then green team with way overpriced cards(black titan 1gpu alot Slower then 295x2 cost stil 1300 dollars they needed 2 black titans to beat 295x2 in some tests not even all lol).

I don't need this card anytime soon i got equivilent in my rig already with almost same performance.

So this for those who like reading about it for PC enthausiast nvidia or amd.

Actually have you looked how they cool that thing it's weird as hell

Also it's funny how everyone is whining about the Titan Z while nVidia is actually trying to turn the wattage down while still maintaining performance while AMD just push out cards whenever nVidia brings out a "HIGH AS BALLS PERFORMANCE" card

Im not gonne start a silly AMD vs Nvidia debate here but i suggest first read up some info from good sides before saying anything about a product and try be objective even when your fan of one of the camps RED or GREEN.

Both camps try out do the other not only AMD or Nvidia thats competition for yah and healty :)

You must be glad both try compete with other we consumers benefit from this don't forget that.

This hibrid cooling keep the card in full load at 68 celcius seems a good to me hehe.

Good luck with eather card :)

Guest carywinton

With the heat that is generated , the natural direction to go is water cooling or cooling of some kind that can quickly remove this heat. The more cycles you push the hardware too the hotter is going to get, this is just physics that we are currently limited to. Eventually, soon I think, there will be a jump in technology with regards to performance verses heat generated. With liquid cooling systems as long as they are a "closed" system then the possibilities for problems are significantly reduced. I can recall dealing with some of the first liquid cooling systems, like from ECO and they had to be filled, hand pumped and primed or you nearly immediately torched your CPU.

Yes Mogie56, Tim Allen would be proud of this card and would love my computer, it has a V8 in it!  :D

AMD, taking lessons from their first releases of the R9, which were air-cooled but its performance impaired, it now makes perfect sense to use liquid cooling as standard equipment rather than as an after-market addition. I mean, these GPUs are intended for the high-end enthusiasts who either run 4k displays for BF4 or tune for OC drag races or for serious floating point computation.

Now they have to look at the budget-conscious market, which is slowly being taken over by nVidia Keplers and Maxwells.

Archived