[Fallout 3] Wrong body texture?

snarfies

I've tried three different body replacers for Fallout 3 (Dimonized Type 3, Exnem, Beware of Girl), but I am having trouble with all of them. No matter which replacer I use, the majority of female NPCs do not change appearance. See attached screenshots. Its almost like all female textures are being re-routed to something else. Something incorrect.

How to fix?

Are you using ArchiveInvalidation?

I am using ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa.

Did you completely uninstall each of them as you switched? If just tried to overwrite it may not have worked correctly. Check the texture & mesh paths to make sure they are matching up. Unzipping to a temp folder is the best way (unless you are using an FOMOD) and check the file folder structure to make sure you are putting things in the correct locations.

Also I have never been a fan of that version of archive invalidation preferring to use the one in FOMM. Using it you do have to toggle it on and then off as you add things, but it hasn't let me down yet so....:)

prideslayer can you point to me to this ai patch ?? i am only using FOMM from Fallout 3 who also supports new vegas, and i do not have an AI patch like you mentioned so i am thinking i am using an older version.

prideslayer can you point to me to this ai patch ?? i am only using FOMM from Fallout 3 who also supports new vegas' date=' and i do not have an AI patch like you mentioned so i am thinking i am using an older version.

[/quote']

You should be using FOMM v0.13.21. The patch I was talking about is a New Vegas patch (official) that totally changed how NV handles archive invalidation. When that happened, "ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated" (AII) was released. Shortly after that, FOMM integrated AIIs code, so both AII and FOMM do the same thing.

FO3 didn't get that patch, just FONV, so even with the latest FOMM, you still have to toggle AI sometimes. You never have to toggle (turn off then back on) AI for FONV.

Speaking on FOMM' date=' I found that deactivating and reactivating the archive invalidation helped quite a bit - still not 100%, but as suggested I may have the remnants of something else floating about. Thanks!

[/quote']

Right, definitely can help with FO3. Not needed to for FONV though.

Archived