Mod merging using Tes5Edit Question.

Hielia

Just wanted to ask a quick question but has someone tried this? Cause i have quite a lot of mods from here And the nexus and i'm already at my 255 mod limit, I'm going to try this myself as well but i just wanted to know if somebody has tried it already and knows if it works.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english :/

For my oblivion game I no longer install clothing/armor mods anymore instead I made a .esp with creation set then made a chest named it set the ownership to my player and placed it in a place where I could get to it. Then I just unzip the mods throw away the .esp drop the meshes and textures files where they need to be then I bring up my chest in the CS go to the armor word in the left side list click it to bring up the list of all armors in game. Right click one of the lines and select new and then add the armor piece to the list and then drag it to my chest. No more huge list of .esp's and I can pick and choose what I want from the mod. Right now my oblivion game folder has larger then 19 gigabytes in it for size.

For you, you would have to use the CK (creation kit) to do it. Once your at your limit that's it I don't think you can merge .esp's.

Yes, they can be very easily merged, I use this myself: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981/?

I am waaaay over my 255 limit and I merge with this. I recommend reading the instructions carefully and is very easily done :)

Enjoy!

-C

I already knew how to merge mods i was trying to ask if somebody here already tried merging sexlab mods together.

like merging sexlab defeat, SD+, Etc together to make it use less space, cause obviously these mods aren't supported or even allowed on the official merging user reports post on the nexus forum which i found here ->http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1033740

For my oblivion game I no longer install clothing/armor mods anymore instead I made a .esp with creation set then made a chest named it set the ownership to my player and placed it in a place where I could get to it. Then I just unzip the mods throw away the .esp drop the meshes and textures files where they need to be then I bring up my chest in the CS go to the armor word in the left side list click it to bring up the list of all armors in game. Right click one of the lines and select new and then add the armor piece to the list and then drag it to my chest. No more huge list of .esp's and I can pick and choose what I want from the mod. Right now my oblivion game folder has larger then 19 gigabytes in it for size.

For you, you would have to use the CK (creation kit) to do it. Once your at your limit that's it I don't think you can merge .esp's.

You can merge ESP easily using Tes5Edit, But that wasn't my question! The question was if somebody already merged mods from here together? Like what results did they get from it? I wanted to know this to shorten potentially me putting hours into trying this out myself.  

Edit: Sorry if that sounded a bit harsh.

I wouldn't even try to merge any mods that have scripts unless you are planning to merge mods that have not been updated in a long while and don't have much chance of being updated again.

Any merged mod you make involving scripts would also have to be self supported, how would anyone except you be able to tell if the problem came because of the merge or a preexisting bug.

I wouldn't even try to merge any mods that have scripts unless you are planning to merge mods that have not been updated in a long while and don't have much chance of being updated again.

Any merged mod you make involving scripts would also have to be self supported, how would anyone except you be able to tell if the problem came because of the merge or a preexisting bug.

The fun thing about tes5edit merging is that the original ESP's stay unchanged it basically just makes a new ESP that includes the selected esp's after which you just activate the merge esp and deactivate the esp's that you put into it.

If by chance the merge breaks or couses issues you simply deactivate the esp and reactivate the ones you put into it :D

I have an esp containing about 38 or so different clothing mods, a few containing rudimentary scripts such as the osare hotpants mod which provides a ring you can use to attain the armor from that mod. As long as each mod individually works, shows up as relatively clean in TESV Edit and isn't too script heavy, you can usually get away with it. I personally wouldn't try to merge any sexlab mod though.

Hielia, on 24 Mar 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

The fun thing about tes5edit merging is that the original ESP's stay unchanged it basically just makes a new ESP that includes the selected esp's after which you just activate the merge esp and deactivate the esp's that you put into it.

If by chance the merge breaks or couses issues you simply deactivate the esp and reactivate the ones you put into it :D

Careful with terminology here.   What you are describing is a "Merged Patch", and even TES5Edit's creators don't support that function anymore.

(Not saying don't use it, I use it all the time, but it isn't perfect and does make changes you may not like.)

Merging mods is a different topic, and Waxen is absolutely right: don't merge scripted mods unless you are sure what you are doing and that they will not need updating.  Personally, I feel there is too much chance for a bad error, so I don't merge scripted mods at all.  Instead, I merge *everything else* by category, so all of my unscripted mods for magic are in one merged mod (not the same as a merged patch), all of my animal/creature mods are one, etc, etc.

Make a lot of backups at various stages and take good notes of what you are doing and why, and you should be able to figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived