hdt ponytail for npcs

CeeTeeDee

hi,

does anyone know how to give npc's the physics ponytail?

skyrim npc editor doesn't hack it since i'm editing dawnguard npc's it just crashes...

i'm reasonably proficient with the CK but I can't get it to work... just defaults to skyrim's normal hair index.

hi,

does anyone know how to give npc's the physics ponytail?

skyrim npc editor doesn't hack it since i'm editing dawnguard npc's it just crashes...

i'm reasonably proficient with the CK but I can't get it to work... just defaults to skyrim's normal hair index.

you would need to create a "new" hair that uses the ponytail hair mesh, you then add that new hair to an NPC and export the face-gen data and create the new ESP. Alternatively you can edit the ponytail ESP to add it to NPC's from that, however, if you do this be sure to keep a backup of the original ESP in case you balls something up...

I forgot about this... i installed the ponytail and it never worked so i just forgot about it...

your best bet would be install a "body swapping" mod along with "lossless race change" mod.

simply switch body's, change what you want and switch back.

If it didn't work it's because you're using a version of the hdt dll that doesn't support it. 12-29 works with the ponytail and males witcher hair... well, it does it for me anyway =p

Creation kit ignores new bones in *actor* for followers , so it can't load or preview it and export with  BS fade node.In order to physics to work,mesh must have full exptd skeleton in scene .CK cant export skeleton , only nodes.( example  facegen mesh ) I have made lot of HDT hairs for followers and tried techniques for facegen data to work.CTD, its all i got.

I have good exp in it. BS if someone tells ,they followers have hdt hairs.Video of proofs  no one posted.

Creation kit ignores new bones in *actor* for followers , so it can't load or preview it and export with  BS fade node.In order to physics to work,mesh must have full exptd skeleton in scene .CK cant export skeleton , only nodes.( example  facegen mesh ) I have made lot of HDT hairs for followers and tried techniques for facegen data to work.CTD, its all i got.

I have good exp in it. BS if someone tells ,they followers have hdt hairs.Video of proofs  no one posted.

Not BS at all.

I have mentioned this a ton of times before in other topics.

Use Alternate Actors mod and switch character to the NPC you want to have the hair, showracemenu after the initial racemenu is closed and select the hair, save character when prompted and then switch back to your own character.

You will probably need to save then reload to make the HDT hair active as it will be static until you do.

Some NPC races wont be happy and the face will get fucked up (gutted Maya didn't like it), but the hair will still be there. Other NPCs go through the process no problem (Aurora did no problemo).

I would however like someone to make HDT Wigs for NPCs that can be used with the Hairstyler mod or just plain old craftable ones you can issue them with to make life easy.

Not BS at all.

Use Alternate Actors mod and switch character to the NPC you want to have the hair, showracemenu after the initial racemenu is closed and select the hair, save character when prompted and then switch back to your own character.

You will probably need to save then reload to make the HDT hair active as it will be static until you do.

Some NPC races wont be happy and the face will get fucked up (gutted Maya didn't like it), but the hair will still be there. Other NPCs go through the process no problem (Aurora did no problemo).

I would however like someone to make HDT Wigs for NPCs that can be used with the Hairstyler mod or just plain old craftable ones you can issue them with to make life easy.

Problem with that method would be the use of showracemenu, it would reset the stats of your follower (I think?)

Regardless there probably should be an easier way to do this, but I know next to nothing of the CK....

As for your wings question, what exactly do you mean by HDT wings? They are keyed for animation, and I don't think physics will give you as good a result as animated wings in this case.

There's no 'Air Friction' in Skyrim, their's actually no 'air' in skyrim either lol.

Not BS at all.

Problem with that method would be the use of showracemenu, it would reset the stats of your follower (I think?)

Regardless there probably should be an easier way to do this, but I know next to nothing of the CK....

As for your wings question, what exactly do you mean by HDT wings? They are keyed for animation, and I don't think physics will give you as good a result as animated wings in this case.

There's no 'Air Friction' in Skyrim, their's actually no 'air' in skyrim either lol.

Wigs, not wings lol.

Toupees or hair pieces etc.

Don't worry, not taking the piss as not everyone speaks English as their first language.

I think you can get away with racemenu as long as you only touch the hairstyle itself instead of messing with actual races.

I agree it should be easier and why I would like to see either wigs or hairstyles that can be added to the Hairstyler mod for example so you can easily give them to your followers.

Wigs, not wings lol.

Toupees or hair pieces etc.

Don't worry, not taking the piss as not everyone speaks English as their first language.

I think you can get away with racemenu as long as you only touch the hairstyle itself instead of messing with actual races.

I agree it should be easier and why I would like to see either wigs or hairstyles that can be added to the Hairstyler mod for example so you can easily give them to your followers.

While you are correct that english is not my first language, the sad part is I should know it well enough by now since I use it everyday...

Thanks for clarification I just missed the 'n' :)

That's why i said to use "lossless race change" mod. its a mod that adds a spell version of "showracemenu" that is lossless. I'm unsure if the spell is automatic added after you swap bodies tho.

• 4 months later...

That's why i said to use "lossless race change" mod. its a mod that adds a spell version of "showracemenu" that is lossless. I'm unsure if the spell is automatic added after you swap bodies tho.

so far hdt hair is not working for npc but working fine on me(player) if i take control of the female npc this is what happens when i revert back to my main character by alternate actor, the hair stretched out to infinity and sometimes their face turn brown/black with the hair gets pinned or stuck at certain position.http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14dey3q&s=8, http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=264gdqr&s=8 i using merida hair, numenumehair, doa christie and

xp32 ponytail. we need proof of them working on npcs.

• 4 weeks later...

Not BS at all.

ok   get me permission of those people  ...  

every one who released a hdt hair style ... EVERY one   and the author of  hair styler.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48470/?

and I will release my own hair styler with hdt hair wigs  .. that is right I did make it for my own use ( I play as male and almost all my npc's are females and modded!

it will only take me like an hour to make sure all the loose files are included in the distribution!

But i am not willing to get grief about  you can not release other people's work with out permission .. THAT INCLUDES every HDT HAIR OUT THERE LIKE 8 IN TOTAL AND i MADE LIKE 5 COLOR VARIANTS OF EACH AND I LIKED SOME PARTS OF THE HAIR ( FRONT , SIDES)  SO MUCH THAT i MADE OVER..WIGS ( SLOTS 58 -61) FOR THEM ..

ok may be another 3 hours in making sure those over wigs have same colors as say lyca's apache hairs!

another option would be me releasing this without the xml files ( forcing users to download the original hairs from authors)

but still need http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48470/? permission because I just hacked his mod shamelessly :)!

good luck getting in touch with  numenume ( 3 styles) 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28957-hdt-finds-on-3dm/

I can not even find that package anymore :(!

I think yoo  (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52516/? ) and

spike903 (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33259-making-hdt-long-hair-problems/page-4)

are cool with that already .. so you just have to get xp32's permission  and numenume  and hair styler as well as  marie rose (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evuv2iHyUb8)!

I myself have the hdt hair working on Jenassa however I lost the face edits and coloring and the hair seems to be the default color but I could be wrong on this. I attempted to edit the exported nifs with nifskope with no success the game just ignores the edited file however this is how my Jenassa ended up with a working hdt hair but a incorrect face shape and color. Which leads me to believe the hair selected in the CK is overwritten by the one in the facegen.nif unless you have it packed into a bsa so the hair meshes nif is loaded last if that makes any since. I have been meaning to try this and just haven't gotten around to it. I also considered exporting the head without hair and then adding the hair with the ck and not reexporting the head.

xp32 ponytail has only a top and hairline it is easy to to turn in a wig and works perfectly

other files like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57179/?

is another story though.. it has 4 hairlines top left -  top right - back left - back right and its not even clear what top is supposed to be used with it

any hair with 2 xml is easy to turn in a wig  hairline counts has longhairs and top has hair

but more then 2 pieces is  nono  and for colors you need to adjust Hair tint color in nifskope

• 5 months later...

Use MinouWigs, they are the HD hairstyles minus all the CK headaches.

Hey whats up Minomimi!!

Love your mod, just wish you didnt have us digging through the console to pull em up :)

Still, the best alternative out there

Archived