File Name: Lumina - The Crystal City

File Submitter: xenic

File Submitted: 24 Feb 2014

File Category: WIP / Beta

Requires: skyrim

This is a WIP and I plan to add to this and expand on the city. Currently it sits in one area within a large crystal. All you can do right now is run around. The entry is a giant grand soul gem in The Bannered Mare in Whiterun. The crystal acts like a door. It is purposely foggy and tinted in there and I do plan to add lighting down the road.

Okay, the city is now 3 areas. Main village, a mine, and a forge/crafting area. I added some npc's but they are still limited. Plan to add a floating hot springs and a fast travel system.
Let me know what you think and please don't upload this anywhere else. I'd like to keep this one on LL as I work on it. :)

Added lots, check the changelog. I still need to Navmesh it and work on the npc AI routines.

download.png
Click here to download this file

My one suggestion at this point would be to move it somewhere other than the Bannered Mare. It seems that many modder's add things to the Mare, or the first town. Hopefully I'll have more constructive suggestions soon, as I'm currently in the middle of clearing a HD partition to reinstall Skyrim... sometimes it doesn't pay to have children... *wanders off muttering something about kids and installing malware*

My one suggestion at this point would be to move it somewhere other than the Bannered Mare. It seems that many modder's add things to the Mare, or the first town. Hopefully I'll have more constructive suggestions soon, as I'm currently in the middle of clearing a HD partition to reinstall Skyrim... sometimes it doesn't pay to have children... *wanders off muttering something about kids and installing malware*

I plan to give it a more unique location in the future. The Bannered Mare seemed like a good place to have it while testing.

My 4 kids constantly install malware on the family computer. It gets a monthly wipe at this point.

Guest Ragna_Rok

uhm... why are your kids allowed to install software? i mean, thats easy to set up on nowadays os.... well, nevermind.

nice thingy you work on, just wanted to point out that besides from the mare the inn in falkreath is also a stupid idea to leave it, after all it gets changed a lot when you have "moonpath to elsweyr" installed. my suggestion would be the inn in winterhold, after all theres the college and no quest or mod ive ever checked changed stuff there... *hint-hint*

have fun, good luck :)

uhm... why are your kids allowed to install software? i mean, thats easy to set up on nowadays os.... well, nevermind.

nice thingy you work on, just wanted to point out that besides from the mare the inn in falkreath is also a stupid idea to leave it, after all it gets changed a lot when you have "moonpath to elsweyr" installed. my suggestion would be the inn in winterhold, after all theres the college and no quest or mod ive ever checked changed stuff there... *hint-hint*

have fun, good luck :)

I may put it there, seems like a good fit. I have the whole city on paper and just need to put it in the CK. Falkreath just seems like an odd place for this.

And the thing about kids and the family computer is that they don't always do what you tell them to. They learned the hard way not to sneak and download a game. 

Hey, i'm new here, and i have to say that i really like the idea of your own city, so keep up the good work, i hope i can get it no my Skyrim and to work, i'll support you and i will help you if necessary - though i don't have any kind of knowledge in mods unfortunetly - i can give it a try to make you famous. Anyway, good luck and wish the best for you.

Guest Mogie56

Only thing I've seen added to the College of Winterhold is a portal in "The Midden" to a Succubus Lair from the Succubus Race Mod. The docks at Windhelm are loaded with Lady Body clothing and Armor if you have those. Dragons Reach The Great Porch is another hotspot for mods as is The city of Whiterun itself. Riverwood has a few that I know of. Given the name of the mod "Lumina" you could also make the Large Soul Gem it's own Standing Stone and placing it in the world in a place that would be fitting to it's name. Being out in the world might make it less likely to alter assets in cities or towns. Like having missing stone walls or pieces of ground you could fall through or other close by assets. Just a thought though :)

Only thing I've seen added to the College of Winterhold is a portal in "The Midden" to a Succubus Lair from the Succubus Race Mod. The docks at Windhelm are loaded with Lady Body clothing and Armor if you have those. Dragons Reach The Great Porch is another hotspot for mods as is The city of Whiterun itself. Riverwood has a few that I know of. Given the name of the mod "Lumina" you could also make the Large Soul Gem it's own Standing Stone and placing it in the world in a place that would be fitting to it's name. Being out in the world might make it less likely to alter assets in cities or towns. Like having missing stone walls or pieces of ground you could fall through or other close by assets. Just a thought though :)

I've thought about an auto load door down a hole so you fall in. On the inside, a lift to take you into an auto load door to leave. The exit would drop you into a pool of water next to the stone. I've debated adding it between the standing stones and Riverwood.